[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.05

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.09.05

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.07.18):
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Aeliyah Thor
Arashi Shizukana
Argonis Loken
Budda Sereda
Gemma Solett
Gerrath Sabrinn
Jim Electron – Skirmish Scout
Junmei Hucel-Ge – 3IC
Jyo Cbip
Kontxesi Buchanan – 2IC
Marn Vermuldir
Mike North
Philbro Kishunuba
Reise Amatin
Space Warfare Development
Tlymphocyte
Trevor Grambling
VoodooKarate
Wokum
Xinirae Dallocort – Vanguard
Yuri Levnik – Skirmish Scout
Z0X Ambrye – Vanguard
gaheris Anninen – Vanguard
llanok Achasse

OBSERVATIONS
This was a great "throw caution to the wind and just let it ride" fleet, and I think everyone had a wonderful time.

(01:49:06) Frarie
Tristan +15.89m

(02:03:49) Vlillirier
Tristan -1.74m
Capsule -43.74m

(02:15:27) Kinakka
Tristan -6.48m
Tristan -12.27m
Tristan -6.53m
Tristan -9.52m

Up until we enterd Nen, the fleet and the encounters we had weren't anything too noteworthy, but Nen was a hotbed when we departed for the fleet, and it didn't let us down when we got there.

(02:36:27) Nennamaila
Maulus -15.41m
Tristan -1.71m
Augoror +65.2m
Tristan -7.99m
Gnosis +97.28m
Gnosis +97.35m
Tristan -7.69m
Hawk +50.39m
Griffin -18.69m
Tristan -1.51m
Tristan -15.68m
Tristan -4.55m
Cormorant +6.45m
Crucifier -3.26m
Tristan -1.72m
Tristan -13.26m
Imperial Navy Slicer -25.54m

I effectively said "eh, eff it" and basically sat toe-to-toe with a cruiser fleet! It started off harmlessly enough, with our fleet only engaging two flashy cruisers on the gate. Pressure soon mounted as reinforcements arrived, but we stood our ground. They began to disengage and try to spread us out, and that's when I called for the scatter. I knew we had taken losses but I really wasn't expecting the ISK ratio we wound up with after that fight, taking out two Gnosis worth almost 100M isk each. I found the experience of just throwing yourself all-in and not worrying about what happens next to be highly satisfying, and I think everyone came out of the fight with a next-level adrenaline high. Considering the losses we took (12 ships - half the fleet!), I don't remember ever hearing such excitement in people's voices.

The remaining fights I can't comment on too much as I was the first to go down in Hikkoken against a Nightmare, and Budda took over for the rest of the fleet after Xesi was taken out as well.

(02:54:59) Hikkoken
Tristan -7.83m
Griffin -2.24m
Merlin -2.48m
Imperial Navy Slicer -30.09m
Tristan -8.05m

(03:05:48) Pynekastoh
Maulus -7.03m
Merlin -4.03m
Punisher +11.14m
Tristan -6.8m
Condor -11.71m
Federation Navy Comet -21.72m
Merlin -5m
Tristan -7.3m
Atron -6.19m
Tristan -8.13m
Capsule -97.56m

(03:22:40) Oinasiken
Tormentor -11.31m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 343,710,418.32
ISK Lost: 434,737,344.65
ISK Delta: -91,026,926.33
Efficiency: 44.153%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
What a great experience. If not for the two capsule losses the fleet would have been isk-positive, but I find that it doesn't bother me that we weren't high on efficiency. Sometimes you just throw yourself in and go for it and see what happens. The Nen fight did drive home the fact that I am still not very proficient in prioritizing targets. I'm also still seeing a tendency to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information when there's 5+ targets for me to choose from.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Decision Making - Check MINUS. Good, but the hairy fights still leave me wanting to be better.
  • Command Chatter - Check MINUS. Again, when things get complicated I tend to clam up. Maybe talking through it will help with the decision making process?
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Pre-Roam Planning - further analysis of Fleet Movement, Offensive, and Defensive capabilities to enable better target selection.
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image