[AAR] Spontaneous NSC Roam 2017.9.6 03:00

K950
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] Spontaneous NSC Roam 2017.9.6 03:00

Post by K950 »

Some of the NSC regulars were just coming back from other affairs and the idea of a quick fast roam was tossed about.

There is/was a convenient lowsec connection X-P that we decided to dive into and see what can be found in that quarter. I was scout, others brought T3Ds, an Atron, a Maulus and a Hound.

Formup was short and fast. Grab your stuff and go, the way I like it. Less talk more fight.

I went in front and went straight into X-P with a fresh Stiletto and dived in the hole. Oh look the other side isn't bookmarked -- perhaps we should so we don't have to go far to get back if we have to high tail it. I didn't know where Taff was anyways, if it was some weird system in Aridia I would have been queasy. Folks in Aridia like to drop heavy duty stuff. Super and Titans go there to die every month.

The connection was straight into Metropolis lowsec, so it just so happens there was a neut in system. So I went to the medium complex, oh right there's the Thrasher I saw on Dscan. Slid the gate and got point before the rest of the crew had even left Syndicate. Op success?

Folks came in quick and made short work of him when they came in. His 250mm Artillery actually was able to hit me, marginally, from 23km out, but the tank held.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64500020/ +9.3M

A destination was decided on the spot for Stacmon, prefer less secure, and roll with it. After we assembled in Taff we moved about with some quiet systems. Then suddenly we stumbled right into an Incursion zone. Folks were advised to not waste time on gates and move quickly -- a proper Sansha gatecamp with full influence is no joke. Still, that didn't stop us from finding if we could shoot at someone anyways:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64500489/ +3.6M

I thought plex farmer with stabs. Good he wasn't. Then I warped to our outgate with an active weapons timer and could have been blapped by the gate rats because I was restless and was late bouncing off the gate. Still didn't die but would have been a sad day if so. Make sure you align to an outgate and wait out your weapons timer when goofing off in incursion systems. Headquarter and Assault systems can be deadly. Scout systems with a Renyn on the outgate are fine, a 12 NPC blob is not.

We moved on promptly out and found nothing, but along the way back to a new destination to Reblier I found a Venture and a Porpoise on Dscan. Venture I'm not worried about, but the Porpoise has to be caught. He should have bailed. I quickly tracked the belt he was at, warped in at 0, landed an overheated point and the gang was in.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/64501079/ +68M

We then moved on once again and found a Rupture + Condor in a medium complex. It was a risky move: the Condor could be fit to instantly scram me, I'm not on the dot with in-complex-MWD maneuvers and it was sketchy. By the time the gang was brought in, the Condor had left the complex and the Rupture was on its way out. When I landed inside the complex the Rupture was already in warp. But better to loose a kill than to loose something worth just as much as a T2 fitted T1 cruiser.

Then we went back via Harroule, got a bit bored and wanted to go home. A Thorax was spotted in JH- but managed to escape via 6-C somewhere and some scattering about indicated we were vulnerable.

Thusly we moved back to PC9 and called it good.

K950