[AAR] Battle Ventures Mine for Love

Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] Battle Ventures Mine for Love

Post by Breeze One »

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! Its off to work we go....

Last night we welcomed the AMC to Low Sec with open arms and a crate of Antimatter! Battle Ventures HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Despite the FC being almost as rusty as some of the Ventures we were flying, much content was had, much ISK was destroyed, and surprisingly little salt was mined! All we found was solid gold killmails! And Omber...

Hope you had fun AMC! Come down to join our fleets whenever you like!

So, we got some early content here with a flashy Zealot jumping into Vey from Agoze. He saw us and crashed gate, then sat at zero on the other side. We set up the trap, with our Scouts and bait Neuruses on one side of the gate, and the fleet on the other, but he elected to stay at 0, hoping we'd make a mistake. Meanwhile he had friends in a Navy Harbinger (flashy) and Guardian (not flashy) come join. The Guardian pulled range from the gate while the Harbinger sat at 0

While we each stared each other down, waiting for someone to make their move, a Taranis landed on the fleets side of the gate and for some reason decided not to jump through. We did the honorable thing and mined our first skull!

Taranis +30.93m

The Harbinger then engaged one of our forward party, and we leapt through the gate like a pack of hungry bananas to try and burn him down before his weapons timer expired. He de-aggressed and tried to tank it, but his Guardian friend was forced to rep him - going suspect as a result. I sent our fast tackle out to grab the Guardian while we tried to break the Harbinger. He jumped out at 5% structure or something, but thereby abandoned his faithful Logi to the Venture Death Blob

ISK Positive already!

Stiletto -37.07m
Guardian +285.02m

Our glorious victory seemed to bring out the worst in the locals, and we had a Caracal fleet undock, along with a random assortment of odds and ends. We let the Caracals move on, then followed the gang of random others up into Fraire, where scouts got a great tackle to isolate and split off a Vexor who died horribly but happily, taking with him the moral victory of a dead Griffin

Griffin -2.12m
Vexor +33.22m

Our friend in the Navy Harbinger now reappeared, jumping back into Vey - still flashy. We jumped, he tried to crash gate, but this time we got enough webs and scrams on him to hold him JUST shy of the jump range. We strip mined that pretty golden hull and left him in an Antimatter coffin

Harbinger Navy Issue +305.72m

In Renarelle, Budda got tackled by a Comet outside a plex. We raced over like only a mining ship can race, but our industrial grade agility wasn't fast enough to save him. Thankfully we were able to avenge his glorious death

Stiletto -37.07m
Federation Navy Comet +25.03m

Getting up the business end of Blackrise, we had all manner of fleets and gangs zipping around. None as cool as us though...

We third partied a big fight between a gang of Feroxes and others, against a Hurricane Fleet Issue Gang. We landed at range, and were able to pick off one of the Feroxes who was sniping from range. By the time we killed our Foxy friend the HFIs had finished off most of the rest of the gang, and rather than have their attention turn to us, we skipped away into the void, giggling like murderous schoolchildren with their Dad's mining pickaxes

Griffin -1.86m
Venture -22.92m
Ferox +118.51m

We headed up towards Kinakka, then suddenly realised that burst of activity I'd seen on Dotlan was actually a Holy Cookie Retribution fleet, who I had no interest in playing with, so we ran away screaming like scared schoolchildren who'd just realised that pickaxes, while cool, are not as effective weapons as M16s

Kore got caught in his Battle Neurus, but somehow escaped through witchcraft (sorry I didn't pay attention to what the witchcraft was...)

Moving towards Hikkoken, a Caracal fleet landed on top of us on a gate. They went for a boosh to get us off the gate, missed horribly, and just jumped themselves 100km off, with just one of our Ventures. We laughed. Then we cried. But only a little bit.

Venture -6.63m

We floated around the Eastern part of Blackrise dodging the Caracal gang for a bit until Budda got a fantastic set of eyes on a Gila in Kedama! We burned over, and Budda went for the hero tackle. He managed to heroically hold tackle long enough that we got secondary, and secured the kill. Great shout and great work Budda!

Stiletto -37.07m
Helios -44.93m
Gila +307.75m
Capsule -5.81m

While we played with the Gila, a Vexor landed nearby, and we snatched a good tackle on this for a nice addition to our growing pile of corpses. The Taranis was in the plex with the Vexor, but made the error of not escaping while he could. Scouts chased him down, jammed him out, killed his drones, then held him in space while we all went to whore on the kill :D

Vexor +59.46m
Taranis +49.74m

Zarquu got ganked trying to re-join fleet in a Kitsune

Kitsune -47.92m

We had a small Harpy fleet hanging around who I originally tried to avoid, then after we waited 10mins for the Gila pilot to reship to a Battleship, only for him to get ganked in High Sec coming back to fight us, I got bored and decided to fight the Harpys. Adrien's Neurus went first to bait a fight on a gate, then we jumped in to see what we could grab. A Kirin was nearby and vulnerable, so we ganked it fast, then tried to snatch a Harpy, but they had one Logi, and their attention was turning from Adrien back to us, so I bailed us out while Adrien escaped. Smash and grab folks! Smash and grab!

Executioner -7.81m
Kirin +92.4m
Venture -4.31m
Venture -4.74m
Venture -5.3m
Venture -6.51m

We'd had constant intel of an Enyo gang earlier, and we finally caught up to them here. Adrien went in first again, to the outside of a plex in Nennamaila, then we followed up. I was in a pod at this stage directing events, until I realised that wasnt very viable and handed it over to Decklin. We killed an Enyo first, while a Magus and Dragoon tackled Adrien. Adrien managed to last long enough that the fleet were able to finish the Enyo then switch back to first the Dragoon, and then finally finish off the Magus, before a Vargur landed (!) and we bailed out! Great work all round guys!

Somehow we also got on a Gila kill here!? DJ Unahoo you have some weird magical drone powers!

Condor -3.61m
Punisher -7.42m
Venture -10.48m
Enyo +53.98m
Venture -7.19m
Venture -8.79m
Venture -3.49m
Venture -5.61m
Inquisitor +13.78m
Nereus -26.49m
Dragoon +8.85m
Magus +92.2m
Venture -3.7m
Gila +253.04m

We reshipped in Ichoriya, then Budda went for tackle on a Wolf. He was Artillery fit though, and JUST managed to kill Budda before the fleet landed. SAD FACE

Imperial Navy Slicer -23.7m

Back in Nennamaila, we jumped onto a plex with a bunch of kitey stuff wizzing around, including a couple of Garmurs, and our Wolf friend. I originally went for the Wolf, but when a Caracal landed at 0 on us I switched us to that as the bigger threat. We took down the Caracal, but the Wolf had escaped, and with the Garmurs etc looking at us all evil I had us slide the gate into the plex. We waited there while Decklin gave us a lovely commentary of the events outside the plex, but there was never really a fight we could take, so eventually we just extracted, and moved home with no further events

Imperial Navy Slicer -23.09m
Griffin -12.38m
Venture -3.7m
Caracal +38.76m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,768,412,217.71
ISK Lost: 427,438,589.86
ISK Delta: 1,340,973,627.85
Efficiency: 80.534%

Great fleet, great fun guys! Thanks very much coming out, many thanks to the scouts!
Spoiler
Roam members (29) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Adrien Claremont
Alya Ahashion
Anthony Fenrir
Ashley Sokolov
B'aldrick Aivoras
Breeze One
Budda Sereda
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Dj UNOHOO
EricZor Xadi
Etchard Yarghol
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Kora K
Korm Rayh
Kristopher Evans
Laser Skaron
Rider Isleman
Savannah Tokila
Shiro Neutronica
Space Warfare Development
Stasia Ohau
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Yuri Levnik
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Zeerse Solaris
ashahara
bringdapain
Last edited by Breeze One on 2017.09.05 05:49, edited 1 time in total.
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Battle Ventures Mine for Love

Post by Laser Skaron »

1. First time actually flying a griffin, more fun than I expected, even with abysmal ewar skills. Woot :D. Managed to get out of harms way 3 times, 4th one I popped 1-2 server ticks before actually warping off (had prop mod on, sig bloom and slower turning speed got me killed there).

2. I've noticed during the fleet 1 important new aspect about this doctrine - everyone wants to fight it. So many people in local really wanted to fight these dwarves and I believe quite a few of them formed up just to hit us. If I remember correctly, the Caracal squad did this. I say we make ventures a rather regular thing... and see how much content pours our way. Hell, I thought we had a ton of activity before I dropped off, and you still had 2 extra fleet fights after that, nicely done!
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Thank for the fleet, Breeze. It was fun and I was really surprised at how tanky my Nereus was. On three separate occasions (I was primaried by everything initially for the first fleet fight, and for both of the fleet engagements that we managed to bait with it) the enemy fleet switched damaged off me. I was actually really gutted when the Vargur landed and wrecked me after getting through all that.

Oh, and it was a flashy Zealot that we were playing with on that first fight.

Thanks again for the fleet, lets take an Orca out next time!
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

I *really* enjoyed flying the Crucifier again today. The weapon disruptors do a fantastic job of mitigating incoming damage, without having the giant "kick me" sign on my back that ECM does. ( Also your target often won't realise that he hardly doing any damage, and will keep trying, unlike when he's jammed.)

Mitigating this incoming damage is especially useful in a fleet with no logi.

Tonight's fleet was incredibly successful and a ton of fun - far more so than I expected for Ventures.

Loved the theme of the AAR by the way Breeze :)
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

It was a fun fleet Breeze, thanks for FCing. Too bad Nereuses can't enter plexes, otherwise it was great.
Breeze wrote:Korea got caught in his Battle Neurus, but somehow escaped through witchcraft (sorry I didn't pay attention to what the witchcraft was...)
I'm elite, my mom said so :D Instead of bringing full tank and no prop mod, I fitted an AB (343 m/s, yeah). So I jumped into the gang, hoping they'd move on before I uncloaked. I was hesitating between burning back to gate, and have some of them waiting on the other side, and warping off. Since I'm slow as hell, I though trying to warp off would just put me further way from the gate when they would inevitably tackle me. So I overheated AB and tank, and started praying I'd make it to the gate in time.

2700m from the gate, I was in structure. 2550m away, I was in 50% hull, and then I jumped \o/ A pontifex was waiting for me on the other side (Captain, so same corp), but I managed to warp to the Aivonen gate in time. Since I was capped out, I stopped mid warp and could dock safely.

And that was a 800 chars essay on how I boringly burned back to the gate and escaped. But it's more "epic" at least :)
Shiro Neutronica

Post by Shiro Neutronica »

Ventures seem to attract content. Great fleet Breeze. :)
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

I so wish I could have been there.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Stasia Ohau

Post by Stasia Ohau »

And sometimes Bob uses you to extract his vengeance. Shame I couldn't stick around but...

My first killmark :D (That little bright ^ just forward of the blue band)
Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Union Pivo »

It was such a fun fleet.

We should do this more often.

Also bait neruses were good. I am thinking they might be good as bait/tackle for some of our kitty frigate fleets(like tristans)
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I flew a jamming venture which is always a little more effective than I expect it to be against t1 stuff, t2 like the guardian was quite a low success rate but the aim for me was to stop him landing reps on the Harbie Navy, but then we switched to him.

It was good fun hiding ewar within the herd of identical ships, so in the gang fight it took them quite a long time relatively to work out I was jamming out the inquisitor logi.

I had a Griffin in Ichoryia from a previous fleet so took that back out which also died, but I proved I learnt which faction for which ships and with t2 jammers for each one, got successful jams on the wolf and caracal. I wasn't paying that much attention to the worm that closed on me and when Decklin called it tried to run rather than warp out, which against a pvp worm is a silly idea, it has bonused light drones which I was never going to out run, hence RIP.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

This time I was scouting. Hardcore :)

And learned many things, I hope that will help others to learn. Let's go through all that:

Lesson #1.
Early fleet we had big targets (Harby, Zealot, Gila)... later we got smaller content (like lonely frigates, etc) which FC chose to not fight with. And this makes sense: you don't want to waste the time of 30 pilots killing an Atron. For quite some time I was feeding FC with partially irrelevant information.
Summary: Make sure you know what your FC is looking for. And send only needed information.

Lesson #2. 1st Stiletto loss: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64472171/ - when we killed a Harby.
I was harmlessly keeping point on the flashy Legion, 1/3 of the fleet was applying dps, the rest was on the other side. We did not want to get all fleet on this side as other wise Legion would just jump through. I offered FC to reship into boosher and push the Legion 100km off the gate, get whole fleet and kill it.
The plan was accepted, so I tried to jump through but had a weapon timer.
Instead of warping away I decided to wait and as I was flashy I was killed by Harby before warping away. Though, I believe that let us aggress that Harby and force his friend to rep him and get a Guardian's kill.
Summary: Don't sit at the gate at 0 if you have weapon timer. If you can't jump, better warp away. Even if you have 5 seconds of my timer left.

Lesson #3.
2nd Stiletto loss: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64472719/
I was tackling for the fleet, but felt into a scram range... and was killed before reinforcements could kill the comet.
Summary: Master kiting to stay out of scram range: don't relax just because you have a fleet coming. Especially if fleet does not have logies.

Lesson #4.3rd Stiletto loss: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64474014/

TBH, here I don't believe I could do something really better and really proud of staying alive until we got a secondary point. I was trying to stay as far as I could but still keep the point.
Summary: What I could do better is to make a call that I'm going down and to call for a secondary point ASAP. With this I would probably be able to align out and warp away.

Lesson #5. 4th loss - Executioner this time: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64475077/
TBH, stupid loss. I even managed to forget there is a broadcast window and while the fleet was killing 1 Kirin, I was shooting another... :( I realized mistake and tried to find the proper one, but spent too much time looking into overview, got too close to blob, was scrammed and killed
Summary: Watch for FC's broadcast, damn it!

Lesson #6. 5th loss - Punisher: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64475426/
I was reshiping while the fleet was taking a fight with Enyo and Co. I was rushing to join the fight... but decided to not distract FC and kept comms quite, warped on my discretion to plex... just to learn that fleet is 100km away. I could warp away, but so more or less a lonely comet, went for 1-1, but lost DPS race. Not sure what I could do better here in this 1v1 engagement...
Summary: I guess, blaster Punisher is weaker than blaster Comet...? Any comments on this engagement?

Lesson #7. 6th loss - Slicer #1: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64476000/
That Wolf was good... I could not even think he could 3 shot me... I probably stopped my MWD as he was not moving fast and I was afraid to lose a point... He literally killed me in 3 shot. Overheated SAAR did not help much :(
Summary: Don't relax when you got a tackle: master kiting, stay at range, run with MWD.

Lesson #8. 7th loss - Slicer #2: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64476333/
I got another Slicer in Ichoriya and went in time to help to tackle Wolf again. This time together with Decklin. This time I decided: ok, he tracks well at long range. Let's see if he can track on a shorter range. Heck, he had the web... and this time needed 4 shots to kill me.
Overheated SAAR did not help much again :(
Summary: Consider staying out of 13km range, tackled ship could have webs...

Summary: it was fun fleet, rich for content. Though I'm desperate of making many mistakes and spending time re-shipping while the fleet was killing ships. Though, I am sure this will help me improving and getting better on grid!

The only thing I regret I could not fly a venture: it would be so far to escape points... :) That means I will FC similar fleet sometimes as well :)
Savannah Tokila
Title: Mentor, Graduate

Post by Savannah Tokila »

Indeed a lot of fun, great fcing here! 10/10 would attend again