[FLEET] Thoraxes vs Mallers - Okkamon showdown

Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: [FLEET] Thoraxes vs Mallers - Okkamon showdown

Post by Kora K »

DeanSherman wrote:I was one of Thoraxes who died at the start of the fight. I don't think that i broadcasted for reps too late. I saw that i was yellowboxed by Captain Cean only. Well, it was suspicious that possible enemy FC targeted me, but i did not broadcast. Then he used target painter and i broadcasted for reps. Then i took damage and got only 1 cycle of reps from 1 logi and lost the ship.

I see on killmails that some Mallers also used target painters, to mitigate issues with tracking, i guess.
Our 19 Thoraxes all had scram and web. It is good when only 3 Thoraxes left, there are still enough scrams and webs to lock down targets. But may be with some e-war we could take less losses? There was a discussion about Null and Void and tracking in fleet chat before the fight. We could also use some target painters. Or damps, like on BLAP Vexors. Or 1-2 of 19 Thoraxes could switch to dedicated e-war ship, like Celestis or Blackbird. It is 5-10% loss in dps for better utility.
So, it seems I underestimated the damage application of Mallers with a few painters, good to know for next time. I only flow Mallers 2-3 times, and everytime tracking / application were an issue.

Regarding the EWAR, it was also my bad on this one. I was really expecting something kitty/fast from them, and with the CD to get in range, I wanted something to hold them close so we could apply dps. II should have asked for a damps instead of web (or scram) on some thoraxes.

Also, since it was an arranged fight, I wanted a really good core of DD and Logis, and the number we had were just what we needed. The Celestis might have been nice against those augorors tho.
Decklin wrote:Using a drone bunny for logi's drones is a good idea. Also, using those drones to drive away enemy ewar is also a good idea. However, in empire space ( any space which has legality timers) there is a significant problem with drone bunnies for PvP:
I knew there was something fishy with Drone Bunny and LS. Nice explanation Decklin :)
Turlough Dominian wrote:i came
i shot stuff
i died
i got in a noobship
i sneaked onto alot of killmails mwahahahahahaha

good fleet, and the enemy team where good sports for sure o7
Glad you enjoyed it :)
Adrian wrote:Hopefully you'll run something similar soon, Kora!
I definitively will Adrien, maybe in 3 weeks when we're doing AssFrigs or Fessors.
Decklin" wrote:One thing I noticed looking back at our kill mails was that often I was doing a large portion of the damage to the target that died.
I wanted to ask you this question yesterday. Since we were on top of the Mallers, we could have all piloted manually instead of anchoring. I only called for manual piloting when I got neuted and couldn't AB anymore. Another lesson here.

For everyone, you can read the full explanation from Professor Decklin :)
Captain Cean wrote:And i was actualy suprised that you was able to break trough all our augs. Like you said, you had a massive lose of DPS.
Still good Fight you guys are realy improved :)
After we switched to the 3rd Augorors, and it was not breaking at first, I started getting really worried. Fortunatly our own logis were all still on grid, otherwise I might have tried to bail.

Thanks for the fight Captain, and HCCOK, still fun shooting all of you :)