E-Uni Gangsters - Day 5

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

E-Uni Gangsters - Day 5

Post by Budda Sereda »

Today we had a roaming with 4 of us: Jyo, Calder, Kontxesi, myself.

There were not many interesting things today.

Few key are:

1. I lost 3 ships :)
2. We killed Soldier Tag Transport
3. We got our new best kill.
4. This kill happened quite interestingly so I decided to write AAR for it.

We were in a process of gathering in Rakapas when I checked Iwisoda, found nothing, jumped out, ...and found Inquisitor on D-Scan sitting on cyno. While I scanned him Tristan jumped into Iwisoda... but I was already in warp to Inquisitor. Warping to a cyno is alway dangerous, but I was in a Slicer and was going to kite and disengage, or bie learning.

Apparently, Inquisitor was sitting on the station V. I aligned out to a ping BM, shot him, warped away, bounced back, engaged and started shooting. To score a team kill I needed help from team mates which Kontxessi generously gave and warped away:

(02:24:19) Rakapas
Inquisitor +3.1m

Another interesting thing, that while we had a fight, Succubus appeared on D-Scan and the moment I warped from station he landed. I warped back immediately and called people for assistance. Jyo prepared a triple webbed hookbil.

Succubus was near the station and did not want to leave its safety. I was orbiting him, started applying some damage, but he was not aggressing me until I appeared in his scram range. As soon as that happened he scrammed me. I was going down quickly but was able to stay alive long enough for team mates to tackle him.

Imperial Navy Slicer -27.82m
Succubus +158.17m

Again, I got into a scram range by mistake and mainly because I was careless. From the other side, if I did not come close he would just dock-up instead of taking the fight.

Soon after we found that Tristan in Iwisoda:

(02:48:05) Iwisoda
Tristan +6.77m

Next, we decided to move towards Akidagi (I needed to buy +2 PWG implant). On our way, Jyo found Hawk in Hallenen. He called us to warp to the gate. And wait for him to land a tackle. As soon as I landed I noticed a big camp on the gate: it was around 8-10 frigates and destroyers. I confirmed with Jyo we still going to take Hawk and jumped through. I believe Kotxessi and Caldar followed.
As I jumped I have noticed at least 2 Thrashers from the camp followed me. We warped to Jyo (Hawk was outside of plex), and started applying damage. Literally 3-5 seconds after that those campers appeared on our grid landing. So we scattered.

That's pretty much all interesting stuff. We went further roaming towards Eha.

Not much was going on after that.

In Pavanakka we found a non-flashy Caracal sitting on the gate. I was going to aggress it and bounce, asking other pilots to do the same. But I forgot my security status is -4.95 which makes me perma-flashy. This allowed Caracal pilot to aggress me without taking gate guns fire. That came as a surprise, I first was going to kite him and wait for gate guns kill him, but... RLML appliy really well:

(03:19:44) Melmaniel, Pavanakka
Executioner -7.29m

Now I also think, that attacking Caracal with only 4 frigates was not wise: he would reduce incoming DPS quicker than we would take him down unless we would make him make a mistake and take gate guns fire. I feel like I need somebody in a fleet to say: "Budda, be sane and don't lose your temper because of lack of content".

I reshipped in Ichoriya into a Rifter: whatever I had in my hangar ready to undock. In a mean time, guys found a flashy Hecate with Keres. I was trying to bait them into a fight expecting that the rest of fleet will be able to kite Hecate to death. But on the gate where Hecate was sitting, I despawned 17km from Hecate, he killed me while I was closing the range and before the rest of the fleet landed.

(03:52:13) Alsavoinon
Rifter -5.13m

After the fight I thought as it was 17km, I better crashed the gate and look for another opportunity. From the other side, I did not know Hecate is a Rail fit...

The main lesson learned: if you have time, start watching opponents ships and learn guns they have: https://i.imgur.com/Wsf2ban.jpg

ISK Destroyed: 168,041,185.45
ISK Lost: 40,239,046.76
ISK Delta: 127,802,138.69
Efficiency: 80.68%
Jyo Cbip

Re: E-Uni Gangsters - Day 5

Post by Jyo Cbip »

Looking back on that Caracal engagement, we should have had someone non-flashy land on grid and examine his ship under protection of gate guns/ability to jump to see if it were RLML fit before trying the volley/ping/warp back tactic. With a HML fit it would have been worth it, but RLML Caracals are a no go for me with this kinda fleet comp- unless we had a couple crucifiers or even hookbills with guidance disruptors to reduce incoming DPS. Perhaps Maulus/Keres to damp his range down so we could kite him out. That takes specific preparation though, not always feasible.

Shout out to Breeze One for telling me about the Hookbill triple web succubus-killer fit which enabled that first kill. Even with three webs he was pulling away at the very end until I overheated AB!