[AAR] Impromptu Kitchen Sink Frigates 31AUG 00:00

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Impromptu Kitchen Sink Frigates 31AUG 00:00

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 31 AUG 2017
Form-up time: 00:00
Departure time: 00:40
Duration: 1h45m

I've been pretty surprised at how many people will show up for an unscheduled fleet. Both yesterday and today it was looking like we were going to roll out with about five people, but then others would show up right before we undocked. Now we just need some people to fight. ;)

-------------

Reise found a Kestrel at a novice in Renarelle, but by the time he landed it was gone. Then we had a flashy Stiletto (Wasa Qc) jump into us on the in Vlillirier, but we didn't catch him, either.

Finally got to Nennamalia, where there was plenty going on. Reise tried to take an ONI, but it burned out and popped him before the vanguard could get there to help.

Atron -3.73m

They chased some things around a bit, then I called for us to move on to Akidagi. While we were in warp across Nenn, Oskar called that he had a Comet pointed at the small. We all headed over there, only to land as Analiese finished him off. He thought he was killing Oskar, so he killed him back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Still a kill for the fleet.

Federation Navy Comet +30.93m

We tried to get a Tristan and a Kestrel at various points across Akidagi, but missed both. Then we followed a flashy Condor through to Hallanen, but he got away WICKED fast.

Then in Hikkoken, things got interesting. Oskar was trying to find a Hecate, when it landed on him at the sun, with a Vigil Fleet Issue, Thorax, and Talwar not far behind. The vanguard jumped in, then we all tumbled in behind them. As we landed, everything but the Thorax and the Talwar bailed (with a "#nope" in local). We locked up the Thorax and tore him up, and the Talwar decided he didn't want none.

As we were sitting at the sun waiting for something Oskar was hunting at the medium - the Hecate again, I think - a Talwar (different one, I think) landed right in the middle of us. He had a bad day.

And then Xana ran into the Hecate at a gate right after leaving the fleet, I think. :(

Thorax +31.22m
Talwar +18.28m
Crucifier -11.9m
Capsule +0.01m

And now we get to my bone-headed move for the night. Oskar found a fleet in Pynekasto composed of: Stabber, 2 Thrashers, Merlin, Griffin, Tristan, Coercer. He tracked them to a medium. I had him broadcast it and had the fleet jump in all at once, skipping the vanguard. I figured with that many people, doing the usual scout>vanguard>fleet thing would just get several people killed. Oskar got there as we jumped into the system and said they were warping off. I called for the fleet to warp to the plex anyway.

At this point, Analiese and Oskar were poking back and forth at each other about their ships, and Oskar said "If I can't stay alive in this, then I deserve the death". Foreshadowing much?

Z0X found the Tristan at a medium slid in. We all warped over, and the other fleet landed on the gate as we did. I called for the fleet to slide anyway, so as to not leave Z0X in there alone to die. Well, Oskar got like quadruple-scrammed at the gate. RIP Garmur. But we got the Tristan so... yay?

Garmur -77.46m
Tristan +7.5m

I wasn't having a lot of fun once I got Oskar killed. We jumped around for a while and couldn't get any good fights. Analiese wanted to go fight like 5 Gnosises and some Exequrors and other stuff, but sounded like a bad time.

Reise and Analiese ended up finding us a Vexor in a DED site in Ouelletta.

Vexor +28.96m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 116,902,741.43
ISK Lost: 93,088,042.95
ISK Delta: 23,814,698.48
Efficiency: 55.67%

IN CLOSING:

Quiet night, overall. We managed to squeak by on ISK positivity, which was a pleasant surprise. I was sure I'd boned our numbers by getting Oskar killed. At least I learned something, namely "don't slide when there is another fleet on the gate".

Roam members (16)*
Analiese Aubernet (tertiary scout)
Argonis Loken
Crumllin
Dark Lancelot Erkkinen (2IC)
General Killah
Kontxesi Buchanan (FC)
Koss Vha
Marn Vermuldir
Oskar Dallocort (secondary scout)
Philbro Kishunuba
Reise Amatin (primary scout)
Shiv Nir
Turlough Dominian (vanguard)
Tymeless Tormentyr (first fleet!)
Xana McBash
Z0X Ambrye (vanguard)

I think this is everyone, but a few people joined later on in the fleet who may not have typed in fleet chat.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Xana McBash

Re: [AAR] Impromptu Kitchen Sink Frigates 31AUG 00:00

Post by Xana McBash »

Kontxesi Buchanan wrote:And then Xana ran into the Hecate at a gate right after leaving the fleet, I think. :(
close to a citadel actually. I landed too close to the hecate with my weapons timer still running. I was able to burn away for a bit but eventually the hecate changed to prop mode and popped me.

This was right after I said I was logging out for the night. I wasn't in fleet anymore when it happened. It shouldn't hurt your isk efficiency ;)
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Impromptu Kitchen Sink Frigates 31AUG 00:00

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Xana McBash wrote:
Kontxesi Buchanan wrote:And then Xana ran into the Hecate at a gate right after leaving the fleet, I think. :(
close to a citadel actually. I landed too close to the hecate with my weapons timer still running. I was able to burn away for a bit but eventually the hecate changed to prop mode and popped me.

This was right after I said I was logging out for the night. I wasn't in fleet anymore when it happened. It shouldn't hurt your isk efficiency ;)
I didn't hear it go down during the fleet, so it was a surprise when I saw it come up on my report. Someone said "oh, Xana just died" on the recording and then said something about a gate, so I went with that. Pesky weapons timers. :(

I don't feel like going back and changing the ISK efficiency numbers, so it is what it is.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image