[LSC] Troven's Toddlers 22/08/2017

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[LSC] Troven's Toddlers 22/08/2017

Post by Troven Smalvard »

So....

First off thanks all for turning out, was great to have so many of you and i hope its encouraging for anyone else skulking wanting to give FC'ing a go:

If you Post it, they will come

Roam members (35)
Spoiler
- NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Adrien Claremont
Aeliyah Thor
Alf Saissore
Barbara Blast
BatFC
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonkeyPunch Udan
Drassi Aleus
Eddie Dante
Etchard Yarghol
Gareemoko
Inashes Shardani
Jeracho Dorne
Jormah Yaken
Kora K
Kramnath
Kristopher Evans
Lonez
Lonez joined
Moroz Enderas
Oh' Leeador
Rikali Laru
Shar Thrityh
SketchyManDan Williams
Snuffleupagus
Tonk Omnom
Tonk Omnom left
Trillian Ituin
Troven Smalvard
Union Pivo
Z0X Ambrye
Zeerse Solaris
ashahara

The Plan:

So being a wormhole dweller and hoping to get us into areas that we don't usually go in hope of guts and glory.
I spent some time looking for a tunnel to Null sec, Bob is obviously pleased with the sacrifices offered to him and delivered unto us:
Spoiler
3 null sec connections (1 NPC constellation and 2 Sov) only dive deep from LSC staging! and to boost all fresh small holes which means very unlikely to be rolled and regenerating mass so even if i got huge numbers we were unlikely to collapse them.

Down side not particularly great activity ratting space, but all pockets of activity were only a few jumps out of the holes, so my plan was to burst in make quick speed get what we can and extract to the next as soon as intel channels wised up.

I made book marks for corp, alts and pre packs for scouts including desto's routes and dotlan urls......

The Reality:

Form up was swift with almost everyone being in fleet by 17:40
As kitchen sink there were very few problems with people getting in ships, thanks for the general group in assisting with fittings

x up as tribute for scouts
Alf Saissore
Decklin
Kora K
Kristopher Evans
- 1st Day in EUni great to see blind Xing up without knowing what your in for, you will fit in well here :)
Adrien jumped into a dictor

2IC also Adrien - don't die in the dic!
3IC Kramnath

Fantastic newbro speech was rudely interrupted by Decklin who had undermined my FC dictatorship taken on extra responsibility :) undocked without a destination and tackled a Catalyst in Dastryns ---- emergency cut short of speech and fleet get on grid to blob our first blood

(17:53:41) Dastryns
Catalyst +24.32m

We finished new fleet speech in the plex and when finally hit 18:00 we went to UPH to our in hole, and got ourselves staged in the C2 and i think we managed that with only one or two people getting lost and only for few minutes so i was pleased.

what followed was an hour of diving and swooping and not really getting targets. we nearly got a few minors and we scared a Tornado and his buddies to dock up from our mighty doctrine. I hoped they might try and form something to take us on but to no avail.

All 3 pockets yielded 0 kills, however we moved fast, fleet stayed together, followed directions and did all the things i talked about at the start well, holding cloak etc.
I'm especially impressed with this guys, pat on the back to you all, we had newer guys mixed with old, diff ship types and fits and we maintain cohesion when you may have been getting bored because we didn't get to unleash weapons, you made FC job much easier.

After coming up dry fleet still needed blood so quick bio in UPH and then would roam Placid/Black Rise

During break Kora found a Myrm and a dominix in Oulletta, and the myrm was outside a small. bio is cancelled and we quickly ran to catch up.
Unfortunately the domi pilot had eyes in the pipe and warned all that we were coming and they were wanting to play station games by the time we got next door, which we didn't want

Fortunately Algos' never believe local and so he stayed sat in a handy plex for us
(19:19:39) Ouelletta,
Algos +12.31m
Capsule +0.01m

Decklin, valiantly offered up our newest of new members Kristopher as tasty bait, now fleet had been fairly smooth till now, we didn't arrive in time to save our hook meat probably because FC not only lemming'd (is it possible to Lemming as FC its just confirming intel right?) but he then warped himself to out gate rather than to the tackled harpy.
Fortunately Adrien held it together better than FC and got the fleet on target and secured the kill

Melmaniel
Incursus -5.35m
Harpy +41.3m

Whats that....? Navy APOC, in a belt ...on his own? fairly quiet local? can't be bait (never not take the bait!!)

we set up warn about smart bomb range and load null
Tackle secured, we web and kill drones, i don't see smart bomb? so its going to be a cyno right?
nope... its 4 Ishtars and an onerios.
try to take the onerios quickly f we can but he is holding and we start losing people so scatter is called

(19:31:42) Murethand
Cormorant -13.48m
Merlin -2.02m
Merlin -9.28m
Corax -14.03m

We actually lost less than i thought here good job evacing on the call

friendly awox home, because gate to gate is for scrubs
Capsule -0.01m

we take out our frustration on another algos ignoring local
Heydieles
Algos +1.93m
Capsule +0.01m

Next we got intel of what i believed was a couple of cruisers against a frig/desi micro gang fighting in plex in Pyne, scouts got eyes outside plex, i deliberately counted to 10 to let the fleets engage so we could jump into confusion for a 3way.

i should have only counted to 5 as we were some distance of the group when we landed and scouts couldn't hold tackle on the cruisers (thorax/caracal) they get away, and we couldn't close range on the frigates without losses. So just one kill. After all the speed we showed earlier we should have maybe just pounced immediately
(19:49:50) Pynekastoh
Stiletto -33.82m
Algos +5.44m

As we jump into Hik call of flashy cruisers on mid warp to our in gate, we hold to see them
Caracal & thorax land, and i think its the same guys from prior engagement, probably was...
Then FC forgets all his training and get tunnel vision forgets to keep checking dscan thinking we can burn the caracal down quickly as he is in scram range so can run.....
FC gets put in his place and his pod, when slicer another caracal + caracal navy and more rlml arrive.
Adrien calls the sctatter
I said we would prob die at some point :)

(19:55:28) Hikkoken
Ares -35.26m
Incursus -15.15m
Tristan -7.21m
Federation Navy Comet -22.98m
Merlin -7.5m
Punisher -8.68m

FC gets a new ship
Adrien leads the remaining fleet members back to UPH looking for targets of opertunity
and bags a brace of comets for a good trade

(20:03:12) Akidagi
Federation Navy Comet +30.76m
Thrasher -15.83m
Federation Navy Comet +23.32m

and this guy again :) who loves LSC blobs

(20:14:06) Frarie
Tristan +12.25m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 151,656,789.8
ISK Lost: 190,606,246.67
ISK Delta: -38,949,456.87
Efficiency: 44.31%

Good:
-Gate an hole discipline in null and J space
-Fleet speed in null and staying grouped - guys this really impressed me, i was expecting stragglers and i didn't see any that didn't get themselves back in place rapidly
-2IC pick up was smooth and clear when i - died, DC'd and went the wrong way
-Everyone took orders even when we may have been close odds on taking on bigger ships
-Extraction was clean when called, even when split either side of the gate

To Improve:
-Tunnel vision on the Hik engagement - unnecessary losses, i don't mind losing ships but don't want people to die for my mistakes
I need to keep eye on the field better as FC and not worry about holding tackle
-Lack of null content - luck of the draw a bit + i just wanted to dip and klleave which we did
-Assuming all players know balck rise and placid by heart, pointed out to me afterwards that if your not used to them system names and player names can all sound like a similar thing. I will endevour to try and make clear on new player heavy fleets if warping to celestial or watch list in future
-knowing fleet DPS before we get to engagements, easier in doctrine fits (which is why doctrine guys!) but not imposs to estimate in kitchen sink
-leaving more time foe Q's in comms - Troven motor mouth usual problem - quote a few questions after fleet and hung around in comms to answer, but if can do learning during more people will hear that may have left as soon as we docked

General

i was asked during if it was hard to manage the multiple scouts and maps when we were doing rapid movement, scouts made my job easy thanks to you all. always quiz your FCs how they manage the fleet and follow along at home you will learn lots, it will even help your solo or general surviviability

Kristopher thanks for x-ing up as scout, it in hindsight wasn't the right fleet for first time scouts, just because FC was new, nothing your fault. I hope listening to the other guys gave the bones of it, and the time after fleet to answer bits.
Standing offer still applies to you or anyone, hit me up with a mail or slack if yo uwant to practise outside a fleet setting with a bit of pressure off. I've had a couple of takers in last 2 weeks and feedback has been goor (though i am biased)

Finally don't forget SRP if you lost a ship

any errors an opinions in this AAR are FC's own. Feel free to correct both :)

Longest AAR ever shows how much fun you made it for me guys thanks all again, heres to 2 more years

CAKE
ImageImage ImageImage
Eddie Dante

Re: [LSC] Troven's Toddlers 22/08/2017

Post by Eddie Dante »

Sounds like a fun fleet! Couldnt make it in time, so to clarify: contrary to what the AAR tool sais, I wasnt actually part of this.

So what happened with the comet kills in Akidagi was this:
I went to solo a bit with a thrasher and saw activity in Aki. Set myself up in a small and seconds later the first comet warped in. I out-DPS'ed him quite nicely and got him down quick. Full of adrenaline i looted the wreck and almost warped off: his buddies slid in just in time to catch me (literally tenths of seconds). While they were killing me, the first Uni fleetmembers, who meanwhile had spiked Agi, slid in and apparently managed to catch another comet.
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

ah Eddie,

sorry i seem to have misappropriated your solo kill on the first comet. Glad we could avenge your death on the second though!
The app will have pulled you in because of the pilot that killed you, so your an honorary toddler :rainbowwild:

also sounds like you were reminded of the always dscan lesson :)
ImageImage ImageImage
Kramnath

Post by Kramnath »

My first pvp fleet in a while, and a great one to come in on! Above all I'd like to say thanks for all the prep that went into this, wh bookmarks etc, to let the rest of us jump in and have fun with other unistas. Sadly I think I missed a fair bit of the later content having been one of the downed Merlins in the Apoc trap but still enjoyed it plenty! Lessons learned for me are to have reship plans and always try to get back out there; I heard murmurs of fleet being wrapped up and foolishly believed them. Always assume last minute content!

I feel like Troven is a little hard on himself in the AAR, systems and pilots may be confused but a quick look at watchlist should confirm or eliminate the pilot option, that would seem to be player experience and learning, although I guess watch list reminders could help.

I thought commands were mostly very easy to follow, though I feel like there was one point where they weren't as clear as they could be. Think it was on the way back from the last null pocket but it could equally have been my attention drifting!

Still, good job and thanks to all involved!
Eddie Dante

Post by Eddie Dante »

No problem, was already happy with the 1 comet. That you managed to get another one was the icing on the cake :) And yeah, shouldve definately dscanned.
Are you gonna FC more fleets? Ill try to be there next time.
Troven Smalvard

Thanks Kramnath,

good to be hard on myself, saves other people from it :) but helps me remember what people said, maybe just better explanation of Watch list may assist.

Could well be a 50/50 on the 3rd null region, Decklin had spotted an extra potential avenue on the map as we were extracting so we went a little off plan for 5 minutes so this could be me working off live sat nav as opposed to practiced route

Eddie,
I'll def give it another go, just not saying when yet :)
ImageImage ImageImage
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I thought you led well with confidence for your first FC Troven, clearly theres a benefit of having been on many yourself but that doesn't always translate to being able to lead.

Frigs and dessies with no logi don't give a lot of room for decisions, against a small number of cruisers, even RLML Caracals, I think most of us would have made the same call.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor