[FLEET] Magic Merlins - 2017.08.16 @ 1800

Kora K
Title: Graduate

[FLEET] Magic Merlins - 2017.08.16 @ 1800

Post by Kora K »

o/

First, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to the fleet, I was not expecting so many people to show up, so 37 is pretty neat. It was nice to see familar and new faces in fleet :) I hope everyone had fun, and that my FCing was not so bad after 9 months without playing. I don't remember all the logis name, so please drop me a message if you want to be included in the list. Same thing for people who need to pexp for the FCC or CCI. Also a big thank you to Laser, you AAR tool is a time saver and I love you very much. As usual, every feedbacks / remarks / questions / ... are welcomed.

So, I wanted to take something simple but fun, so we could roam around lowsec and burn stuffs down. So I went with Magic Merlin, which is a staple doctrine in the LSC, and off we went to the Placid/BR area. Since it was my first FCing, I asked my scout to tackle pretty much everything they could find, from baby seal to titans. We could have had a fleet fight against a bunch of Tristans, but in the end we pretty much spend our time ganging on the poor souls our scouts found. It was not a high-level fleet, but at least we had action most of the time.

Roam members (37)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont
Aeliyah Thor
Ailise Thellere
Alf Saissore
Altar Kabal
B'aldrick Aivoras
Calder Ormand
DOOMLORE
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Deviney Jouhinen
DonkeyPunch Udan
Drassi Aleus
Etchard Yarghol
FrankTT2
Gatt2111
Ghorram Reaver
Guiliano Thellere
Gwathela
Jeracho Dorne
Kora K
Muzzy Chuck
Oh' Leeador
Rikali Laru
Shar Thrityh
SketchyManDan Williams
Slugger Sovereign
Subbi Aucie
Tiberius Auduin
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Velts Engren
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Zeerse Solaris
ashahara
Scouts : Decklin, Tiberius and Union
Logis : Zarquu, .....

Kills and Losses
(18:31:18) Ostingele

There was the usual gatecamp on the Ost -> Stac gate, with at least a Phobos and a Exqueror at 0 on the gate. We tried to surprise them, but they warped to a citadel at the same time we jumped through. A Caracal tried to play with us tho, so we took his offer and shanked him on the gate. We lost 2 Griffins to gate guns only, which made this fleet Official E-UNI Fleet(tm) after only 1 jump :)

Caracal +28.68m
Griffin -1.49m
Griffin -1.34m

After repairing, we set destination to BR, going through the Loes pipe. We quickly stopped to bash a Vexor in Intaki before starting our rampage. I honestly don't remember the details, but it was mostly scouts tackling stuffs and us jumping like a bunch of heathens to burn their ship down. So here you go :

(18:39:16) Intaki
Vexor +29.81m

(18:49:38) Ouelletta
Tristan +1.78m

(18:55:40) Indregulle
Condor -3.83m
Hecate +66.48m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:03:28) Indregulle, Heydieles
Cormorant +2.36m
Atron -4.35m
Jackdaw +107.67m

(19:17:13) Oinasiken, Nisuwa

Quick note : The garmur was sitting outside the station, and was pretty pleaseant before and after the killing.

Griffin Navy Issue +78.07m
Garmur +271.36m

(19:28:16) Kedama
Algos +15.02m
Kestrel +6.54m
Capsule +0.01m

(19:46:41) Reitsato, Okkamon

The slicer was sitting at the sun, probably afk, but he netted us a nice pod kill. We wanted to go check Okkamon, but ze germans of HCOOK had a 20 man gang with confessors and logis ready on the other side. It took me a bit too much time to call for scatter, but they only managed to catch 1-2 frigs. After that, we burned 2-3 jumps to avoid fighting them.

Imperial Navy Slicer +64.29m
Capsule +741.98m
Atron -5.12m
Merlin -6.76m
Epithal +8.2m
Capsule -0.01m

(20:00:22) Rakapas, Nennamaila

In Rakapas, we caught a small gang (at the sun or a large plex). The situation was a bit confusing tho, since I had removed frigates from my overview by accident. We still managed to kill a few of them, even if I forgot to remind people to spread tackle :

Burst -6.48m
Capsule -0.01m
Slasher -7m
Condor -3.61m
Thrasher +6.79m
Atron +1.97m
Tormentor +7.74m
Tristan +8.61m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:18:44) Nennamaila, Akidagi, Pavanakka
Merlin -8.98m
Exequror +47.06m
Capsule -0.01m
Merlin -4.49m
Federation Navy Comet +56.07m
Capsule +0.01m
Condor -3.44m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,550,518,049.36
ISK Lost: 56,916,331.59
ISK Delta: 1,493,601,717.77
Efficiency: 96.459%

In the end, we managed to kill 1.5B of stuffs with a bunch of 5M frigates, so pretty nice. Not a lot of people died, even if often we engaged non-flashies on gate.

Thoughts :
- We had 6 logis on the fleet, and they did an amazing job. They saved a lot of people from a bad case of "dead by gate guns", and were pretty on point during regular fights.
- A big thanks to the scouts, you were pretty much indepedant and did most of the work for me :)
- The fleet went pretty well, nobody got lost and we did not lose too much people to gate guns or because they did not broadcast. It was pretty fluid all the time, which is always good.
- I did not spell checked this AAR, because I'm lazy.

To sumup, good job everyone :)

o7
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [FLEET] Magic Merlins - 2017.08.16 @ 1800

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Was cool flying with you again! Scouting is a skill that needs to be maintained. Also, because the lack of fleet vs fleet fights, people are not practiced spreading tackle.
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Yep, it was a fun fleet, I enjoyed scouting again, and we had some good teamwork going amongst the scouts, vanguard, logi and fleet.

At several times throughout the fleet I would agress a non-flashy target, warp to a ping and back, in order to get a limited engagement, and try to bait the target into aggressing me back, so the fleet could jump in and kill him. Mostly this worked well, but in the case of the Megathron, I messed up and got too close - his web, grapple and scram meant that my 'bait' got eaten without catching him, in this case. Next time I need to keep my distance better.
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Great to see you active and FCing again, Kora!
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Thanks for you kind words guys, glad to be back behind the wheel too :)