Small Gang Speed Dating - Team 5

Date: 20 August 2017
Form Up: 1700h
Duration: 2h 30min

Roam Members:
DonkeyPunch Udan
Shizuka Shinano
Shar Thrityh

At about 1630h, there were 3 of us active in our team chat channel, so I asked if they were interested in going out to look for fights. Originally, there was a scheduled fleet the previous day, but I wasn't feeling too good, and my nap extended through the night. There were only 2 of them online at the scheduled time, so no fleet went out. To make up for the lost trial fleet (only kills after 24 August are counted), I decided to get a roam going.

We formed up in Stacmon at 1700h. I brought a Caldari Navy Hookbill, Shar brought an Executioner and DonkeyPunch brought a Federation Navy Comet. We left Stacmon at around 1715h and free-burned to Nennamalia, stopping along the way if local looked promising.

We didn't run into anything all the way up to Nennamalia and even there, we only found a punisher with at least 2 stabs. We gave up on chasing it, and moved on towards Kedama.

We first got some action on the in-gate in Pynekastoh. The guy was flashy and sitting slightly off the gate, so we approached him and locked him up. Still no response, so we assumed he was AFK and proceeded to blow up his ship and pod.

Corax +40.77 mil
Pod +5.87 mil

We also got some good fights in the local Plexes, but Shar lost his Executioner here. This could be considered my mistake, as I had seen his fit and it was far squishier than mine or Donkey's fits. I should have stopped him from sliding in first, and let myself or Donkey go in first to get tackle.

Executioner -6.88 mil
Fed Navy Comet +31.7 mil
Pod

Shar left to reship in Ichoriya while Donkey and I continued to look for fights in the system. Shar rejoined us in system and we spread out to check the Plexes whenever we found anything on D-Scan. Shar lost his ship once again when a Fed Navy Comet landed on top of him just after Donkey and I warped off. The Comet was followed by a fleet and Shar lost their ship once again.

Executioner -6.88 mil

Shar left to reship in Ichoriya again while Donkey and I moved onto Hirri, where we found our next fights.

Incursus +5.07 mil
Pod

Shar rejoined us and we moved on into Kedama.

Crucifier Navy Issue +28.06 mil

After that kill, Shar had to leave the fleet, while Dokey and I continued to look for fights.

Kestrel +8.67mil

We moved onto Kedama after no one else showed up on D-Scan.

Incursus +11.59 mil
Pod +716 k

We moved onto Reisato, before deciding to turn back to Akidagi as there were no more fights to be found in the area. We picked up another kill in Pynekastoh,

Republic Fleet Firetail +21.63 mil
Pod

and we finally met our match in Nennamalia. A fleet of Thrashers followed us into the Small Plex, making short work of us after we took out the Fed Navy Comet we had been targeting.

Federation Navy Comet +24.07 mil
Federation Navy Comet -34.83 mil
Caldari Navy Hookbill -37.10 mil

After losing our ships, we headed to Ichoriya to reship, but there was a Svipul and Catalyst waiting at the station to kill anyone docking/undocking. Luckily, we got in with our pods and were able to leave without losing our ships. We decided to call it a night and head back down to Stacmon. We found someone waiting in a Plex in Vlillirier, so we warped in and slid the gate, but they got spooked and warped off. Luckily for us, a pair of Fed Navy Comets warped into the Plex, and we took them both out.

Federation Navy Comet +29.48 mil
Federation Navy Comet +32.44 mil

We headed back to Stacmon without encountering anyone else from there on.

All in all, I consider this to be a pretty good start to what should hopefully become a regular series of small gang fleets with the rest of the team. We got ourselves 10 kills and made it out with a net ISK value of over 180 mil (according to in-game kill mails).

We didn't have any fleet structure or chain of command since there were only three of us, but if all five of us in the team were to go out at once, I believe I would need to improve on my FC skills, ensuring the tankier ships are given scout role and are the first ones into the Plex. This was my first time (sort-of) FC-ing anything and it looks like I've got a lot to learn before I consider myself an acceptable FC.

This is also my first time writing an AAR, so any tips for improvement would be greatly appreciated.
Phew, that took much longer than I expected. How do you guys stand this?
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Small Gang Speed Dating - Team 5

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Way to go guys - sounds like a highly efficient roam, way to go!