[Fleet] Small Gang Tuesday - Kitey Frigs

Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[Fleet] Small Gang Tuesday - Kitey Frigs

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

We started off with a group of 9 pilots in Kitey T1 and navy frigates. Throughout the roam we were joined by about 6 more people. (Sorry, I didn't get the name of everyone)

Scouts: Budda Sereda, Eddie Dante
FC: Decklin Quark Reiger
2IC: Adrien Claremont
ewar: DeanSherman (Damps)

Rikali Laru
Kora K
Shizuka Shinano
ashahara
DonkeyPunch Udan
Alf Saissore
Deviney Jouhinen
Shar Thrityh

The first portion of our fleet travels were fairly uneventful, until we reach Nennamaila

(18:34:26) Nennamaila, Ichoriya

at a Medium in Nennamaila, Eddie found a Vexor fighting a Garmur and Magus. We went in together. The Magus and Garmur were both at range, and the Vexor was near, so we tried to focus on that. However, we couldn't break it's tank. Meanwhile, I called for us to spread tackle on the other ships. Once we did that, however, the Garmur and Magus teamed up with the Vexor against us:

Imperial Navy Slicer -26.94m
Tristan -8.87m
Maulus -2.59m
Capsule -0.01m

In Enaluri, we spotted a Dragoon in a small plex. I warped in to go for the tackle on it, and a slicer landed outside the plex with me. So I immediately switch to tackle the slicer, and called the fleet in. He did the same, and was joined by about 4-5 faction frigates. We managed to kill the slicer without losses our disruptors helped a lot here, I'm sure.

(18:46:13) Enaluri
Imperial Navy Slicer +32.17m

Back in Nennamaila, traffic in the system was spiking to the point that we had TiDi, due to fleets travelling through. We took advantage of the spike in numbers, and ganked a couple pilots in plexes, without any losses. During this time, I asked DonkeyPunch to keep an eye on short D-scan, and Adrian to keep an eye on long D-scan, while the scouts and rest of the fleet used D-scan to find targets.

(18:54:17) Nennamaila
Tristan +11.51m
Cormorant +12.78m
Heron +13.04m

Moving on to Pynekastoh, Budda found a Coercer at a small plex. This turned out to be Mr Chunky, up to his usual tricks of blapping frigates in his destroyer. We *very* nearly got him, but I made a mistake in my piloting at one point, and he was able to pull away and get a good shot or two on me:

(19:13:22) Pynekastoh
Tristan -7.66m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -27.36m

Adrian took the fleet while I reshipped in Ichoriya, and we traded a Slasher for a Rifter in Reitsato,

(19:18:47) Reitsato
Slasher -5.05m
Rifter +9.65m

followed by a fight with Holy Cookie. (I'm not too clear on the details of the details of this one - from comms, it sounded like the flashy Omen pilot started pulling range, but we killed him as the rest of his fleet arrived).

(19:25:00) Reitsato
Omen +81.38m
Federation Navy Comet -22.16m
Tormentor +16.4m
Atron -24m
Vigil Fleet Issue -27.11m
Condor -17.07m
Crucifier -4.58m

After this, those of us who still had ships travelled back towards home, to meet up with our freshly-trained logi pilots who were finishing up their Logistics 101 class.

Along the way, Budda went for tackle on a Thrasher, but accidentally forgot to fit his resist module, and also forgot to use his ancillary shield booster:

(19:39:49) Abune
Caldari Navy Hookbill -29.2m

In terms of lessons learned, for me there are a few:

1. When third-partying a fight, don't piss off both sides right away. Start with just one.
2. Kiting frigates have *low* dps - rely on our speed to disengage faster if it's clear we can't break a target's reps
3. Practice getting under Mr Chunky's guns more. He's good at what he does.

Thanks for joining the gang guys - see you next time :)
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Re: [Fleet] Small Gang Tuesday - Kitey Frigs

Post by Kora K »

It was a nice roam, and great to get back in the small gang spirit for me. My 2 deaths were due to very crappy piloting from me, I could have escaped both fights without dying. You did not have to shame me and post my pod KM tho :D
followed by a fight with Holy Cookie. (I'm not too clear on the details of the details of this one - from comms, it sounded like the flashy Omen pilot started pulling range, but we killed him as the rest of his fleet arrived).
Yeah, we were waiting on the Okkamon gate, and the flashy Omen landed. I started shooting, he redboxed someone, and the fight was on. I though the Omen would be harder to kill, but he went down fast against those kitty frigs.