[AAR] Solitude C3 WH Dive

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude C3 WH Dive

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
We had an eventful wormhole dive today. TL:DR; version - we had a great turnout, learned a lot, no losses, but only took 696MN ISK in loot so payout was lower than it could have been, mostly because I called for us to bail on the first hole we dove.

Fleet attendees:
Spoiler
Ahlwen Anders Scanner
Amira Evolta Salvager
Andrew Nightshade DD
Arashi Shizukana DD, 3IC
Atticus Vex DD
Calder Ormand DD
Crimson Herring Scout/Picket, Scanner
Dunar Dolorgiet Logi
Elihugh Beecher DD, 2IC
Etienne Oort DD
FrankTT2 Logi
Genwhi Thellere DD
Hillybilly Hinken DD
Hirmuolio Pine DD
Ildinaur Logi
Kai-Alon Deninard DD
Khemzor Morand Logi
Luca Goh DD
Rrad Ekanon DD
Serendipity Wolfson DD
Sioban Mernher Scout/Picket, Scanner
Symeon Severasse DD
Tom Endares DD
Yuri Levnik DD, FC
PART 1 - ADVANCING TO THE REAR
All started out well. We had a number of scanners out, and found a pair of promising wormholes from [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. The former hole had a possible resident corp and multiple WHs in systems but the entrance system was in a part of space that is very quiet. The latter had no resident corp, more sigs/anomalies, and only one WH in system but would require passing through either Y9G or the high sec system occupied by a corp that frequently hunts Unistas. I made the call to take the latter WH, which would later prove to be a bad call.

We undocked at about 17:15 with 20 pilots, including two pickets, one salvager and four logistics pilots who I had pressed into service. We had four pilots who had been in three fleets or less and three of our four logi pilots were flying logi for the first time. I ran the fleet through the full new bro speech and a short practical exercise in which we used a hapless rogue drone frigate to practice logistics and shooting tagged targets. Arashi Shizukana ran our boosters (a few pilots added boosts during form-up) through an armor boost check. We departed Boystin around 17:45.

Here things started to get complicated. Passing through the system that is home to [REDACTED] we saw 10 of their pilots in local. One of them, who has killed many Unistas in his day, followed us to the gate in a Svipul. I knew the corp in question had brought a 20 pilot PVP Hurricane fleet to PC9-AY yesterday and that fleet had left un-whelped, so the ships were intact. Uh-oh...

We proceeded and sure enough, the Svipul followed us. Hoping against hope to lose him, I took the fleet at high speed to the hole. Our pilots did an admirable job of keeping up, but BCs cannot outdistance destroyers, and we jumped the hole just as the Svipul entered system behind us. We split into two wings and started running sites and made it through one and half of another when our picket reported, "Break Break Svipul jumping in to wormhole". We confirmed arrival on DScan and I had to make the hardest decision I've yet made in my career as an FC - stay in and hope the corp doesn't form a QRF, or bail?

I decided to play it safe and bail. The opposing corp was on the Solitude side of our WH, meaning they could come in and bubble us away from home. Our fits did not have any prop mods, so if we tried to run a bubble we would have to do it at 150m/s. Our realistic choices in case of bubble would be to fight our way out or dive deeper into WH space via the C5 that had opened. I decided I didn't want to risk a fight with whatever the enemy brought on whatever terms they decided and ordered the fleet to get out of the hole. We exited the hole and hightailed it back to [REDACTED], past our possible opponents. Our scout reported another 10+ of their pilots in another system off our route, so they had enough people online to respond. Footnote - I spoke to one of their pilots after the fleet and he passed along that they "had a timer in null" and the pilot who followed us was keeping an eye on us in case we tried to jump them. This may or may not be true, but in any case they did have a fleet in space that could have fought us, though it was probably busy.

PART 2: GETTING THAT SPACE PAPER
Having bailed from the hole, we made best speed to [REDACTED] and the 2nd choice hole. Some pilots decided to drop fleet, as we were approaching two hours, but we still had a strong fleet upon arrival. After a break, we collapsed the two wings into one huge wing as we had dropped to three logi pilots. We jumped the hole with 17 pilots still in fleet. We started running sites when once again I heard the dreaded call, "Break break Helios on DScan".

Again, I had to decide, "Do we bail? Do we warp to a safe and wait and see?". Fortunately, a lucky bit of intel came through when the Helios landed on grid with our salvager. We learned that the pilot was not from the possible WH resident corp, nor from any corp that lives in Solitude. I decided to proceed with caution, and we stayed on the site and kept fighting. Fortunately, the Helios pilot left us alone (not much choice there) and no QRF jumped us. It was time to shoot some rats!

We started with combat anomalies and ran those for an hour. I am pleased to say that there is little to report from this part of the fleet except that we shot many sleepers, received many reps, and generally flew like old WH pros. With fatigue creeping up at the three hour mark, I asked the fleet to take two relic sites and call it a night. For those who are unfamiliar, the sleeper relic and data sites have more, tougher rats than the combat anoms, but drop 1.5-2x the loot and have cans to hack. We wiped the relic sites in no time and I called the fleet. Total take was 696MN over the course of about 3.5 hours, of which we spent an hour and a half actually running sites in the second hole.

PART 3: WE DONE PRETTY GOOD
What could have gone better:
Spoiler
  • -Our ISK/hour wasn't great, partly due to the lesson I gave prior to departure (which was worth it, judging by how well everyone flew) and partly due to losing an hour bailing on the first hole and getting to the backup choice.
    -I could have started us on data/relic sites earlier. We were doing well enough to take the hard sites after about 30 minutes in the hole. Harder sites would have earned us a bit more hard cash.
    -I had a dickens of a time tagging targets. As a result, my guns were often off, and my drones idle. I need to use some hotkeys or something so I can pew my guns too!
    -The Brutixes need more navy ammo than 4800 rounds. I ran out of navy ammo at about 1 hour 15 minutes in, even though I was doing a mediocre job of turning on my guns.
    -My scanning rewards program is far too complicated. I need to simplify it. I was online to guide and clarify for scanners, so we got what we needed, but no thanks to my very long forum post.
What went well:
Spoiler
  • -Everyone, from the greenest newbro to the saltiest bittervet, flew *extremely* well. I cannot stress enough how impressed I was with how everyone did on the fleet. Fantastic work y'all - so proud!!!
    -Several pilots in key roles learned to scout/fight in my previous classes and fleets. Teaching and leading PVP roams paid off for me in a big way on this fleet.
    -We did not lose any ships. I don't think we even lost any *drones*. Pretty sure that's a first for me as FC (;
    -Our logi pilots were incredible. Three of them were first timers and one was a first time logi pilot *and* new to fleets, but you wouldn't have known it. We increased the difficulty when we collapsed to one wing (more targets to watch) and again when we moved to harder sites and the logi wing took both increases in stride.
    -We did not trigger any double spawns. I tagged the right targets, the fleet shot the right targets. Seems trivial until it goes wrong and you suddenly have four sleeper battleships on grid.
    -We had a couple of times in the fleet where we had to travel fast. Everyone kept up.
    -We now have a bunch of experienced WH divers with dive-appropriate ships, both for my next dive and for any other dives folks want to run.
    -Devinnis Pollard's new doctrine worked great. The armor tank is strong and using armor means the logi folks have a bit more time to respond when someone starts taking damage. We blasted frigates without mercy and burned down the larger boats quickly.
    -Posting the fleet two weeks in advance meant we had a ton of pilots who had the skills to fly combat ships. I was worried I would have all salvagers and pickets and not enough BCs, which was not at all the case. We also had a great turnout.
    -Having fits on contract made it easy for people to ship up at fleet time.
    -Our scout/pickets provided incredibly valuable intel, both when in the hole and when we were on the run. Y'all earned your share!
    -Our salvager had a very busy night as we cleared sites fast. All of that blue loot and sweet salvage got out safely.
    -Elihugh Beecher and Arashi Shizukana served as 2IC and 3IC and were enormously helpful for me. In particular, I threw many random tasks at Eli, which he picked up without complaint. Me being able to pass things off to the 2IC and 3IC speeds up the fleet significantly.
    -Scanners found holes and provided bookmarks, safes and intel for us before fleet. Intel is absolutely critical to success in spooky space, so the scanners' contribution was huge. They were compensated accordingly.
    -Though the haul wasn't as big as it could have been, we all made money.
    -I had a heap and a half of fun!
Ideas for next time:
Spoiler
  • -Next time we will limit ourselves to WHs that do not involve going through hostile space unless there are none available. We lost an hour on the hole we bailed on. I think bailing was the right decision, but we can probably avoid the "hostiles on the friendly side" issue altogether next time.
    -I will ask someone to run a mini "newbro" fleet 30 minutes prior to fleet to cut down on form-up time. Can't do it myself as I'm too busy trying to get the fleet into space.
    -No matter what, our ISK/hour will never be as high with an "anyone can join" fleet as it would be if we had a fleet of 8-9 pros who frequently fly together. I will continue to lead fleets that are newbro-friendly and flexible on fleet composition. However, folks who want to maximize ISK/hour can form their own dive (we have pilots and ships after tonight!). Optimal fleet size is probably 8-9 pilots, with two logi, one salvager, one picket (ideally an alt) and 4-5 battlecruisers.
    -We should officially add armor command bursts to our fits. We used armor boosts x3 with great success.
    -We could drop one of the webifiers and add another module, ideally a propulsion module (will be tough to fit, especially alongside boosts).
    -I paid equal rewards regardless of time in fleet, but I would like to use a spreadsheet like we use for shared cans to track pilot "guns on/guns off" times next time.
    -Brutixes were by far the favorite BC fit. BLAP Vexors training seems to have directed a lot of folks that way, which is just fine with me.
Overall, this fleet was a *ton* of work for me to put together, even with help from Eli, Devinnis and the Solidudes. All of that hard work paid off. Next dive is posted here, come on out y'all!
Yuri

Edit: updated ISK from the fleet with the loot I picked up from the two sites in the first WH.
Last edited by Yuri Levnik on 2017.08.15 15:37, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Solitude C3 WH Dive

Post by Budda Sereda »

I'm curious to know what were ships they prepared to take you with? I assume they had 4-5 T2 logies?
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

I didn't get a fleet comp on their null timer fleet, but I know the fleet they used to defend their home Fortizar was primarily Rattlesnakes, Basilisks and Ospreys so that would be the strongest comp they could bring to the hole. More realisitcally, I think they could have rustled up 15-20 pilots in Hurricanes, Basilisks and Ospreys, probably with HICs for tackle. We had a decent fleet comp with 14 heavily tanked long ranged BCs and four Augorors. I definitely thought about staying in the hole and taking a fight if they brought one.

However, I think (perhaps incorrectly) that we were at a significant tactical disadvantage. We were on the wrong side of the wormhole, we had no prop mods, no boosh and literally no tackle. I had never FC'd a battlecruiser fleet before, most of our logi wing was brand new to logistics and few of us were experienced BC pilots. We could have fought their theoretical fleet, and we probably could have gotten some kills, but they would have controlled the engagement range and they could have literally wiped our entire fleet if we lost (expensive!) since we would have had no way out of the hole.

The deciding factor for me was that I had promised a PVE wormhole dive. Changing the fleet from "Soli C3 WH Dive" to "Soli 1BN ISK BC Fleet Welp" on the fly seemed likely to create a bad experience for many members of my fleet. Bailing and relocating to the backup hole meant I could deliver the content I had originally offered.

Now, all that being said... we are brainstorming tweaks to our BC fits to make them a little more PVP-ready. I found I had more webs than I needed, so I'd like to put afterburners in place of one of the webs to give us maneuverability. We still wouldn't catch anything, but we could have warped to the wormhole, burned though their bubble and fought them from the hole itself, with the opportunity to retreat back to k-space. We're also considering having a few of the pilots with better turret tracking skills put a point on their boats in place of a tracking computer. We have webs 4 dayz already, so with a couple points we could hold down some targets.

That's... a bit more information than you asked for (; Thoughts?
Yuri

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Aren Dar
Title: Senior Diplomat, Graduate

Post by Aren Dar »

Yuri Levnik wrote: Now, all that being said... we are brainstorming tweaks to our BC fits to make them a little more PVP-ready. I found I had more webs than I needed, so I'd like to put afterburners in place of one of the webs to give us maneuverability. We still wouldn't catch anything, but we could have warped to the wormhole, burned though their bubble and fought them from the hole itself, with the opportunity to retreat back to k-space. We're also considering having a few of the pilots with better turret tracking skills put a point on their boats in place of a tracking computer.
Unless you are trying to hold them, this is a false economy in terms of applied DPS. If you have too many webs across the entire fleet, then replace some of them with target painters (which assist the tracking of the entire fleet).

More generally, decide what you are going to optimise for and fit appropriately, it sounds like you started off with PVP fits and then tried to improve their PVE ability and in doing so ended up with something less than effective for both.

I'd say look at the WHC doctrines do one of the following;
- Have lots of pickets, run the rasharing OR the self rep doctrines, and live with the fact that you may be occasionally jumped and won't be able to fight back.
- Have pickets, and run the WHC Armour/WHC NNiTH (BC only) doctrines and balance the EWAR appropriately and have the ability to fight back.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

Having run something similar within the WHC, I think you had enough pilots to run with cruisers. The benefit of that is being less expensive to lose and you can adjust your risk appetite to stay for longer or take a chance in that first hole. I used cruisers also to enable all Alpha's to come, although they could use Gnosis, it was a lot to ask people to potentially lose on Alpha accounts.

Ultimately I would like to form up in response to a scanner finding a suitable connection rather than pre-arrange it which has it's own pressure having to force content rather than send people away empty handed.

If you had your pickets in the right places e.g. on the outside of the hole, you should have been relatively safe in the first one, assuming you had most of that chain scanned out and a way back out to k-space that was not terrible.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Words of wisdom from the residents of Bob's space! Divers, I hope you're taking notes. I know I am.

For those who are trying to follow along, the doctrine we used was as follows:
Brutix
Spoiler
[Brutix, Dive A-Buff Rail Brutix T2]
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II

Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II

200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
200mm Railgun II
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Infiltrator II x10
Acolyte II x10

Antimatter Charge M x4800
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M x4800
Tracking Speed Script x2
Core Scanner Probe I x8
Harbinger
Spoiler
[Harbinger, Dive A-Buff Beam Harbinger T2]
Damage Control II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Stasis Webifier II
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II

Focused Medium Beam Laser II
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Infiltrator II x10
Acolyte II x10

Multifrequency M x6
Tracking Speed Script x2
Core Scanner Probe I x8
So... I realize I never directly addressed the objective of the fleet or the doctrine, which makes it hard to theorycraft. Let me fix that now.
Fleet objectives:
  • Teach wormhole newbros how to dive a wormhole and fight sleepers for fun and profit.
    Teach scanners the wormhole campus's bookmarking scheme.
    Have fun.
Doctrine objectives:
  • Clear ice belts and gas sites in shattered wormholes for our miner/huffer buddies (note - I have pilots who can upship to T2 logi for harder sites).
    Doctrine is (relatiely) easy to FC and fly.
    Mainline DD is easy to train into for newbros. Ideally, a T1 BLAP Vexor/Caracal pilot would train for less than two weeks to get into the meta DD fit.
Theorycrafters, your assistance on the goals above is much appreciated!

Zeerse Solaris, my understanding is that T1 cruisers will not stand up to the harder shattered wormhole sites' alpha strike, even with T2 logi. Is that right?

RE setting a time, with this being an educational fleet, I kind of had to set a time and hope for a suitable C3. Fortunately, Solitude is a fantastic departure point for C3s, so our odds of getting a good one are high. However, my hope is that folks who have learned how to dive on these training fleets will form their own fleets when a suitable hole pops up (;

RE diving deeper to escape a pursuing fleet, our departure point from Solitude (while otherwise fantastic for diving) hurt us here. Our odds of diving our way back to our 17 system high sec island are pretty low, and if we dive our way back to the known space "mainland" we'll be 20-50 jumps from home, many of which would be through dangerous low and/or null sec systems. The C5 connection also opened while we were in the hole, so we did not have it mapped. Hence, my reluctance to dive deeper - our fleet could have become "Yuri's 40 jump gate camp evasion fleet". For folks who are diving from the mainland - note Zeerse's wise suggestion to scan down a route back to known space that doesn't involve going back the way you came. Gives you better options if you need to bail!

Aren Dar, excellent advice on the doctrine. As mentioned above, our goal is PVE. I admit openly that I am out of my depth designing wormhole doctrines. Would the above goals be better addressed by an existing WHC doctrine? Would it be wise to add afterburners and command boosts? Your point about points (ha!) not being a good choice for a PVE fleet is well taken. Target painters are a clever suggestion...

Thanks for the help y'all! I have a lot to learn (;
Yuri

Aren Dar

Post by Aren Dar »

Yuri Levnik wrote: Aren Dar, excellent advice on the doctrine. As mentioned above, our goal is PVE. I admit openly that I am out of my depth designing wormhole doctrines. Would the above goals be better addressed by an existing WHC doctrine? Would it be wise to add afterburners and command boosts? Your point about points (ha!) not being a good choice for a PVE fleet is well taken. Target painters are a clever suggestion...
The statement was about points was purely around your comment that people who had good gunnery supports dropped tracking computers to fit points, at which point I started what it was exactly that you were trying to optimize for - lots of points are good if you are trying to hold a number of ships during a fight (and you might want scrams instead), which implies you are planning on staying and fighting, which implies you've just lost DPS for that fight. [For what it's worth - the first target painter is equivalent to a tracking computer from the POV of tracking - but assists the entire fleet https://wiki.agony-unleashed.com/index. ... racking.3F ]

If you want pure PVE doctrines then there's the rasharing one:

http://fleet-up.com/Doctrine/Item/22388

Or you could go with the NNiTH fits here - which are armour with PVP capabilities:

http://fleet-up.com/Doctrine/Item/30930

On the topic of the intro; ping the WHC Education Officers - there are a number of people in WHC who have recently expressed the desire to help out with things like this - and perhaps they could put you in touch with some of them.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

For normal C3 ratting, T1 cruisers that have logi can handle sites, that is something I proved with my WHC event. But I did have them shield tanked which made them much more tankier and damage dealing for PvE.

If you find a shattered with vitals and instrumentals then we're talking C5 rats which T1 cruisers won't handle. You can still find my fits that suits Alpha clones in the WHC or AMC forums, the only suspect one is the Arbitrator because Amarr Alpha's are penalised more than the other factions on shield.

The other thing I learnt was don't try to do too much on the night, I was trying to tag, organise the fleet and record who had joined for loot shares all at the same time which overloaded me, sounds like you may have experienced something similar, so get a co-fc do some of the work.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Zeerse, I was definitely hard pressed to keep up with everything. Thank goodness for my 2IC and 3IC - they were an enormous help. I didn't even try to track loot share times this time around, though that is on the to-do list for next time.

Aren, it looks like our fits are converging to NNitH already, so that's a logical direction for us to take the doctrine. Our tank configuration is different and NNitH uses 50MN MWDs, has tackle on all ships (scrams for Brutixes, points for Harbs) and does not have boosts. The Brutix fit also has smaller guns and a neut. Overall, though, they're pretty close. Good to see our doctrine is close to something other people use successfully!

I think I'll see if we can modify our doctrine into an AB, T2 armor tank, boosted version of NNitH and give it a try on our next dive. Will post fits to the Combat Fleets forum.

Thanks for the help,
Yuri

Aren Dar

Post by Aren Dar »

Yuri Levnik wrote:Aren, it looks like our fits are converging to NNitH already, so that's a logical direction for us to take the doctrine. Our tank configuration is different and NNitH uses 50MN MWDs, has tackle on all ships (scrams for Brutixes, points for Harbs) and does not have boosts. The Brutix fit also has smaller guns and a neut. Overall, though, they're pretty close. Good to see our doctrine is close to something other people use successfully!
And in general its a good idea if the doctrine converges to a certain extent so this is a good move. That said, there's nothing *wrong* with doing a pure PVE setup (either the rasharing doctrine - which uses shield fits with higher DPS and DPS application - or pure self rep/spider repped), it's really down to the trade offs you are willing to make regarding standing and fighting vs retreating.

FWIW, the WHC frequently runs with the self repped setup - typically multiple people in passive fit gilas. I understand that your skill point profile will be somewhat different, so this may not be feasible, and in any case the goals of your event are slightly different.
Sioban Mernher

Post by Sioban Mernher »

hey Yuri,

It was a really good experience, and I feel I learned as much reading this thread, as experiencing the dive. So, yes, we are taking notes.

Another thing we can improve is the pre-dive preparation. Usually, we spontaneously 'small gang-up' very well. But I feel that on that day, the scanners started a bit late, and seemed to be running other things in parallel. Though it was fun to 'pitch in' for whatever need arises, amongst finding hole/scanning sigs/scouting/hacking, it also created the problems discussed in this thread, (short listed here for reference):

- we didn't plan scouting, because we found the holes late
- during the dive, we were on the wrong side of the holes, because we were scanning.
- we didn't look for the chains, because we were busy doing other stuff. (it didn't even cross my mind to do that !)
- etc.

On a different note, touching about the thread on how to reward hole hunters.
https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 8&t=105918
It seemed like a lot of work for you. And as someone mentioned in the comments, the payout was a little imbalanced (I'm not complaining, I was on the receiving end !). I am not sure that ISK needs to be the only motivation for this dangerous job. Since we are usually happy when collaborating as a group, a planned activity could also be enough motivation for more people to get to work.

More experienced divers could share their experience on what they do to prepare for a dive, and tricks they use when they map, etc. if this activity is advertised, I’m sure there will be a nice turnout. We could do it a day or two before the dive, but it could also happen the same day, if we start early enough.
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Always more to learn, isn't there?

I definitely agree that my wormhole scanning rewards program was a failure. Wayyyyy too complicated, rewards ended up being wonky, etc... I want to pay people well for scanning because that intel and prep work is essential for our dive (and I don't have time to scan myself!), but we need to come up with a better way to guide and pay scanners. I am very open to suggestions.

RE scanning earlier, as you probably recall, the hole you found, which was in "beginning to decay" (4 to 24 hour remaining) status when you found it, had gone into "reaching the end" (less than 4 hours left) when we arrived. Since you scanned it 45 minutes before fleet we knew we had at least 3 hours to dive. If you had scanned it three hours before fleet and it said "beginning to decay" at the time, then went end of life sometime afterward you found it, we might have as little as one hour to dive the hole. That's why I suggested opening scanning up at an hour beforehand. However (!!!) we could definitely scan earlier, we just need to run around and check if the holes are still fresh ~30 minutes before fleet. Most wormholes last around 18 hours, so we could start scanning as early as 14 hours before fleet. Something to consider.

I think this time around I want to have three "non-combat" pilots: a picket outside the hole, a salvager inside the hole, and a picket/scanner/hacker inside the hole who has combat probes. We are PVP-ready in our new fits, so anyone who lands in system with and sees 15+ battlecruiser and a set of combat probes on DSCAN is likely to leave in a hurry. Or we can blow them up.

Thanks for the feedback! Would love to hear your thoughts on scanning rewards.
Yuri

Sioban Mernher

Post by Sioban Mernher »

I like the new scheme. This way every scanner has a least some rewards. It'll be interesting to have your feedback after the dive on its manageability.

Another thing I'm curious about is the 2h time-frame to start reporting the C3s. I understand why you are doing it this way. I'm wondering, how much luck will play a role, in us being rushed scanning the sigs, depending how close we'll be from fleet departure? I guess we'll learn with the experience !

Also, thank you for the session pre-dive with Dev. That will be interesting.

I've been experimenting with this fit for the scanning. It has some advantages and disadvantages.
Spoiler
[Imicus, Ugly Betty VI]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Improved Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x8
Co-Processor II x2
Data Analyzer I
Expanded Probe Launcher I
Mobile Depot
Relic Analyzer I
It is a very strong scanner for us who dont have those fancy L5 scanning skills. It takes me me very close to 107 strength, without the sister's launcher. The inconv. is that you have to refit for combat probes, once the dive starts. Also, I'm not sure the 3 points gain is enough to scan L5 sigs. Or if it will help reducing the scanning time. Any comments will be appreciated.

Siob