[AAR] Taking my ANI out for a fishing trip

Che Galtor

[AAR] Taking my ANI out for a fishing trip

Post by Che Galtor »

I went into Bacon after a corp rolled their hole. At that moment i warped to the Null Relic site which was still there. I've learned from previous encounters that hacking/Shooting in the (nearly) last sites in a WH is asking for problems. It happened to be that 'problems' is just what i was looking for.
So i warped to the Relic Site, launched my probed and quickly cloaked up and slow boated away from my landing point.

2 New Signals where on D, so i started scanning and looking for a new WH connection. While scanning i suddenly saw a Stratios on D-scan, moments later also appearing on grid, but 750k from me. So, i knew i wasn't along.
After i scanned the new Wormhole and warped to it for a bookmark. A Curce, Stratio, Tengu, Astero and Caracal jumped in and out from their hole (I checked the name, compared system names).
A couple minutes passed and i headed to the High Sec exit in Bacon, because a member needed a safe entry; The Curse moved and after out Astero warped off, i quickly noticed the same Cloacky Tengu.
Aren got into his Astero and checked their wormhole; Rattlesnake, but no group on wormhole itself.

I pinged and got into my ANI (Fit from Fleet-up) which has a nice 72k tank, neuts, point and a cap booster.
Time to check out if an ANI works as Bait! We gathered up with 3 Sacs, a Ponti and me (we did expect 4 or so people).
After warping from 2B2 and 2B3H and back, We decided to take the fight in closer by 1 jump; inside their hole. Right after they jumped, the stratios took the bait and decloaked. Stupid, because i was in between him and the wormhole. I could easily target and scram the Strat while the other warped in. During the fight a Caracal shows up briefly and ran back to the wormhole it came from when he saw the field.

Effect: https://zkillboard.com/kill/64053927/

Afterwards we looted, quickly left and loot was dropped; All fine and done.

BUT!!
- During the fight we had no eyes on the other side in the WH,. so we did not know how many would actually assist. Not that bad at itself, but I did not align the group at the end of the fight.
- Also i need to be more communicative when baiting, Are reminded this to be early enough for me to correct the issue.

Good thing:
- first PvP 'FC' thing since and it was a nice first exp. Besides FCing PVE
- Started the fight well prepared, no rushing, but planning and it payed of.
"To boldly go, where others have gone before!"