[AAR] Who said gas huffing was boring...??

Tonk Omnom
Title: Manager (Titles), Crusher of Children's Dreams, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Who said gas huffing was boring...??

Post by Tonk Omnom »

It all began this morning when I discovered two Instrumental Core Reservoirs down our Bacon chain. As I was about to go to lunch I sent out a ping for gas huffing at around 1400. When I came back I hoped into an Astero to check the target system for any new connections that might have opened up in my absence. And of course I found one. And a lone Helios pilot warping around the system. I jumped into the new wormhole and called out the Helios via Mumble. I warped to their Astrahus to check on who's home - two pilots docked up. The Helios appeared somewhere further up the chain and people started hunting him and he was backed up by a Stratios.

Helios 50.12m
Stratios 391.07m

After waiting a while for them to reship but being disappointed we decided to finally start some huffing. I had already activated the sites so the Sleepers would spawn and all we had to do was jump into some armor PvP ships (just to be sure) and kill the rats. While Biwako was busy anchoring some bubbles on their hole everyone else reshipped into Prospects, Ventures and some cloaky PvP ships (just to be sure). It was standard huffing until Troven, who had been picketing their citadel the whole time, reported multiple frigates and destroyers (Thalia, Enyo, Heretic) undocking. I called for the fleet to scatter and cloak up. We waited to see what they would do - they jumped into system, warped straight to the exit and bubbled it with the Heretic. I had told the Ventures, because of the lack of cloak, to return to Innuendo. Unfortunately one of them did not make it.

Venture 17.19m

We decided to try and take them on in the cloaky PvP ships we had in the system while the Prospects tried to escape and reship. I can't really recall what happend anymore because of it being rather hectic and I had put on my FC pants for the first time. Unfortunately back to front. I called for the wrong target and then froze. Thanks again to Troven to take over and FC the rest of the fight. Lucky for us we didn't lose anyone and even got a Bifrost kill out of it.

Bifrost 93.40m

They retreated back to their system and docked up. We went back to to huffing and after about five minutes they undocked what we assumed was a rolling battleship. It warped to the hole only to be met by Troven and Gat in their cloakies. It managed to get away and be replaced by three Typhoons, a Prophecy, a Stratios and two Guardians. We decided to call it a day and extracted. They started rolling their hole all the while trying to bait us into engaging them. But because Bacon has been first shrink all day (totally forgot to mention we had to off- and online plates the whole time) we did not bite.

Thank you for everyone that responded to my ping, fun was had!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Who said gas huffing was boring...??

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Nice job Tonk,

difficult to manage the extract of the prospects and at the same time call pvp, i think you did well trying to do 2 jobs, you called and repeated what you wanted done just they were holding. Sorry if i stepped on toes, i don't think we lose anyone just i saw the extra logi ships coming to field as i had been on the other side of the hole and jumped with them.

prior to them bringing the assault frigs your organised roles well and got our safety net bubble wrap etc that gave us the extra time.

my bad on the tornados at the end, should have know the roller was bait(never not take the bait) and got everyone to try and ship up sooner, but the shrunk bacon made that harder than usual

we all extracted with out loss though which was good, (except hero scout venture) nice profit mixed with some action.

Huffing is fun kids!!!
ImageImage ImageImage