[WHC] The little scout that believed we could.....

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[WHC] The little scout that believed we could.....

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Usual happy Sunday afternoon in bob space, Thanks to Biwako standing fleet had just killed a rolling Tempest looking to deny content to our illustrious bears.

I decided to push down and complete the chain through the C5 we had just stopped shutting to see what they wanted to keep a secret.
Local was clear and all their structures were empty so 3 of the 4 other exits were crit or EOL so appeared that the pilot we podded back to k-space was looking to seal himself up for bearing alone.

I jumped the last and only viable exit to complete the map as it was a LoSec system.

Load local, only one other on system, rorqual on D - "why keep a rorqual in a POS in LoSec anymore you need to be on grid to boost these days?"
Hmm Rorq is not in a POS on D :shock:
Rorq is at a belt? :shock: :shock:
Land on grid, Rorq is in industrial mode and can't go anywhere ... local is still just the 2 of us, he hasn't pulled excavators and is still just chewing rocks... :shock: :shock: :shock:

um guys :OHMAHGAWD!:

Luckily Biwako is in the chain with 2 dominix already as the lo sec is 6 jumps from home
people log on, as we have a couple large reppers on domis i just call for bombers or quick DD to make the route, more so when we get a Bhal on the way also.

I'm holding cloak 10km off while he is still in industrial and everyone best speeds to the staging hole although we are still prob a bit light on DPS for quick kill i commit were going to try and late commers to ping can catch up

zkil suggests to me hes poss a solo industrial who may not have back up, red KB but light no cap loss previously, only one kill months ago, a solo cruiser, and he was flying rorq then and so was a friend of his with some light support

once he pulls all drones i know hes looking to leave, people still arriving to staging but i know we have the 2 battle ships. as soon as he starts reconfiguring i decloak and scram and its gogogo

he drops mobile depot, he either wants to save excavators or refit stabs as i'm only one on field right now.
depot is primary and its race my drones vs 1 min timer.
in what can only be a fix worthy of the movies i'm counting down damage and the timer on comms and it pops with 1 sec left on the clock as the domis land. (James Bond saving the world/bomb disposal eat your heart out)

people start to hit grid
for my first official time as an FC - "RORQ is PRIMARY "

torps and large guns and drones go on the rorq, i'm concentrating webbing and killing the gekos he puts out.
he is down to half shields things seem to be going well.

+1 local nuetral.
%secs later a legion lands on the belt.

assuming this is bringing cyno, Legion is primary, i also call no podding, if he has free burned over to light, i don't want him to have a quick travel back to reship
we almost burn him down but he pulls range and warps off staying in system

damage back on rorq no cyno goes up at distance in system.

rorq goes to about 40% shield and "panic" modes

hold dps as he is invuln.
i like this,i think its last ditch, if he had his own cyno why didn't he light yet? i think we got this + 5 min timer gives us chance to get our Bhal on grid.

local still hasn't spiked we're 3-4 mins deep and i'mm all excited, extra bombers and cruisers have arrived.
panic expires....

Cyno up!
align station don't leave it may be just to try to scare us o..
Pheonix, bridges in, maybe we can sti...
"nd Pheonix, Thanatos, Nidhogger...#
Scatter scatter scatter, anybody tackled?? nope
BS have slow ass align...
BS's are you off grid...
silence...

We're all off

thanks for responding guys, head for home. :(

TLDR.
WHC found lonely Rorqual
tackled Rorq
Rorq rolled with the punches on the ropes.
Rorq's big brothers arrived
WHC scurried home, upset but no losses other than a single ogre

What went well

I got on grid, didn't panic
Gave decent intel for someone else on comms to ping
Spotted we had time for industrial cycle to end and so not to splurge and panic
I feel i took decent charge as FC (others though can post constructive comments below)
We decided to go with what reps we had and not bring Gaurdians as we were light DPS - i was happy as ping response was slow to start and with only rorq drones to worry about anything big we were leaving anyway

What didn't go well
I said no to someone going back for cyno inhib because last time in this situation long anchor cost us a kill still. In retrospect this time i think it would have been massive as when he went panic we could have activated as he obviously didnt have response fleet up and ready yet ( diff of null last time vs Losec this time?) this is on me and we discussed alot after that could have made or broke the fight this time. that one is on me.

Biwako rolled me out on the way home :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

again thanks to respondents, we didn't get the goods but this was awesome fun for me and good debrief afterwards!!!

also PS wormholes not dead, as i'm writing this https://zkillboard.com/kill/64043227/

come join us for the next noob night in the hole and see for yourselves ;)
ImageImage ImageImage
Rose Alice

Re: [WHC] The little scout that believed we could.....

Post by Rose Alice »

If your worried about weight/DPS going through wormholes
Nestor are amazing. Lots of tank. Better reps than a guardian but it's only weights the same as a cruiser.

Yes it is expensive, we use them a lot. With mediums remote armour reps and a single large cap transfer it's cap stses while doing 500ish DPS.

Just food for thought
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [WHC] The little scout that believed we could.....

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Thanks Rose,

I may have a look at that for my personal collection.

We were lucky this time that the losec we were engaging in was close-ish (10 jumps ?) from another lo sec in a different part of our chain so i wasn't worried about getting home in worst case, but did want as many people as poss to get to bring guns to bare before collapse, can always go the long way after
But it will almost certainly be a need to considered in the future
ImageImage ImageImage