[FLEET] Silent Battleground Explorers Aug 12

Yuri Levnik

[FLEET] Silent Battleground Explorers Aug 12

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
We had an impromptu fleet today to run a Silent Battleground that Crimson Herring found. I had never heard of such a site before. They only appear in shattered wormholes, they have ~40 mix and match relic and data cans (we had 39), no sleepers or defense, and you can attempt the cans as many times as you want. There is apparently a timer on the site after which all remaining cans harmlessly explode, but we got all of the loot before that came to pass (;

Explorers:
Spoiler
Amira Evolta
Andrew Nightshade
Arashi Shizukana
Crimson Herring
Hillybilly Hinken
Ildinaur
Sioban Mernher
Yuri Levnik
As mentioned, Crimson originally found the site in [REDACTED]. However, nobody could scan it down. At 104 scan strength I could get to 99.9% on the signature but couldn't get that last 0.1%. Finally, I borrowed a SIsters Core Probe launcher from Andrew Nightshade which brought my scan strength up to 108 and I scanned the sig down. Imicus fit (since I have Gallente Frigates 5):
Spoiler
[Imicus, Scanning Imicus]
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Damage Control II

Scan Rangefinding Array I
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
Scan Rangefinding Array I

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Small Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

Hobgoblin I x8

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x8
With the sig finally scanned down, we assembled in [REDACTED] and formed a fleet. I warped us in at the same time so we wouldn't start the timer early. We split up, with some pilots staying near where we landed and others (with MWDs) flying out to the edge of the site. All of the cans were maximum difficulty cans (core strength 90) though some data cans were notably harder than others. Overall, as you would expect, relic cans dropped better ISK than data cans. Since there was no limit on the number of times you could hack a can (as opposed to the usual 2), we could work quickly. We cleared the site and pulled in ~213MN worth of various salvage. Not a bad haul, though I would have expected more from a site with ~20 relic cans, if I'm honest. Still, very cool to run the most elite exploration site in the game - thanks to all who came out!

I got a few screenshots
The site with my Imicus in the foreground
Pulled back view
UI on, showing lots of cans and explorers
Some big space thing
We got stuck on an extra hard can at the end. Hillybilly Hinken cracked it, with all of us looking on and holding our breath...

Overall, a good day out. Thanks to Crimson for the find and to everyone who came out!
Yuri
Last edited by Yuri Levnik on 2017.08.16 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [FLEET] Silent Battleground Explorers Aug 12

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Thanks for sharing - I didn't even know that existed until today :)