Who the, What the, How the

Jim Electron

Who the, What the, How the

Post by Jim Electron »

What do you do when a friend says "Lets do a pirate frig roam?" You open your wallet and dump it upside down!
(btw the name of the AAR is the name of the 3 Succubus's.)

3 Succubus's and 2 Daredevils all moving at ridiculous speeds. The biggest concern here was how to get a fight. Usually in roams of 5 or less I keep the fleet together and engage at the same time, however as soon as we showed up on D anything in the plex's would warp off immediately. So we started plus 1 scouting and as soon as the scout jumped into system a rifter engaged him on the gate.....scout +1 kill. :lol: Anyhow, we switch out scouts and send him +1. He warps to a novice and reports a tristan inside. He slides the gate as I order the fleet to jump and warp to the Novice at 10.(You choose 10 instead of 0 so that you can still slide the gate on contact, but do not run the risk of bumping into the gate and not warping immediatly.) Scout gets point and the fleet slides the gate, except for the fc.....somehow I clicked on the outgate and warped to it while the fleet slid into the novice. The tristan was neuting out the succubus scout so I ordered the tristan's immediate demise. After meeting back up with the fleet we continue to move foward in this manner, avoiding some large fleets and gate camps. Scout reports a algos at a medium plex and I tell him to hold till we jump and are in warp. As we land on the gate a hecate lands with us and slides in after our scout. This is where unfortunate things happen. the scout burns away from landing in the plex but the hecate was right behind him. 2 webs and not having any angular velocity made short work of the 1st succubus. Fleet is landing on grid as the succubus dies and the algos warps off. I order the hecate's death. this is where we find out that 1 of our daredevils fit polarized blasters. 2 hits pooof, no more daredevil. (for those that don't know, polarized weapons remove all resists from your ship. You do higher damage but can take none in return.) Hecate dies and the rewards are looted. Only 1 fight remains and it was not much to speak of. Since nothing would slide into a plex after scanning it down I decided for us to wait outside, and behold a Vengeance lands on grid with us at 0. This is why i spoke about selecting warp to at 10 for plex gates. he tried to take the gate but bumped right into it. We maintained ranged and burned it down. Fleet ended in Stacmon after about an hour and a half.

Roam members (5)
Jim Electron
Marn Vermuldir
Oskar Dallocort scout
Tristle Boirelle scout
Victor Kaj

Kills and Losses
(01:12:43) Nennamaila
Rifter +6.08m

(01:29:28) Nisuwa
Tristan +18.77m

(01:34:51) Kedama