[BLOPS] The blue sphered black-op fleet

Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[BLOPS] The blue sphered black-op fleet

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

First of all guys, I'd like to thank all of you for the amazing turn-out, 45 pilots logged in, all fitted up and ready to kill.

Before the fleet, couple of us started scanning down wormholes in order to find a suitable sovnull connection. The holes we found were either end of life, or wouldn't permit larger ships, such as your blops to pass through. We had two connections, one in Querious other in Wicked Creek, which seemend more bountiful. All the possible BLOPs BS have been stationed in Stac and refueled.

The fleet headed out towards Beke, where the WH was located. We did some practice manoevres before jumping in head-first and people got the hang of it. The fleet waited in the wormhole for our hunters, Shiro Neutronica and Saanguinee to find content. We aimed to find Rorquals and carriers, all we found were either botting Raven NI/Rattlers or Nyxes :( .

To bolster our morale, the hunters caught a Covetor. However, taking the bridge was...harder than imagined. Bridge went earlier than expected, people were scattered on the WH and couldn't reach the BLOPs bridge in time. Only three bombers got on the kill, oh well.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63988823/ Kill: 37.14M

While this was happening, another fleet found us and we had to bail to another system. This took 3 bridges...ouch.
Basically, couple of fleets, including a caracal fleet and afleet with 6 Ninazu were scaring off everybody. Everybody spent more than 2 hours just waiting. Massive blue balls.
Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the tree.

The good:
Turn out was great, did not expect such high numbers.
Finally found a good connection

The Bad:
No content.
Due to OPSEC WH bookmarks were not shared, late comers had trouble joining.
Took three bridges, but it's okay for first time.

I am planning to run this more often so keep your bombers ready. Current proposal is to do a "gate-camp" style fleet on monday, where we hunt around placid and syndicate and a big one on Thursday. Our BLOPs are fueled and ready, hunters welcome.

I'd like to hear your comments.
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [BLOPS] The blue sphered black-op fleet

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Thanks for taking the time to organise and to those that filled hi SP roles like the BLOPs and the hunters

BLOPs are usually a barrage of boring for brief bountiful moments.

That said you and others answered a lot of questions on how the method works what the planned actions were etc and i'm sure that filled in a lot of knowledge gaps for people.

i was actually amazed that (after the practice run ;) ) we only had one accidental chain decloaking i can remember, and that was due to a disconnect, so that's great discipline especially for uni

also, all the time hanging in bobs land gave me time to remember again EVE is pretty

"Big bro taking me out to the park to play"

"waiting and praying"

thanks again, and my recon didn't die, so there is that too :)
ImageImage ImageImage
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

although uni fleets try to be as inclusive as possible, for next time i'd suggest to close the fleet after a certain time and ignore the very late comers.

as for the single drop opportunity we had, maybe wise to stage the blops earlier next time. hunter called cyno up before the blops even jumped through the wh. i think if the hunter would have waited ~8-10 secs, everything would have been ready.
signature.
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Tiberius Auduin wrote:First of all guys, I'd like to thank all of you for the amazing turn-out, 45 pilots logged in, all fitted up and ready to kill.
Thanks to all the grumpy vets for coming out -- we had plenty of BlackOps and fuel trucks to choose from!
ImageImage
Phaethonx Brutor

Post by Phaethonx Brutor »

I can look at shiny things for hours. Good thing the wh's are purdy. :D
Devourer of the blue donuts. Guardian of the blueberries. Reaper of the new-berries, Counter protostomper, and above all, Official Team Mascot of D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N, maker of laughs and good times. Become a citizen bro. 80+mil sp multi role death machine. Top 400 overall player rank. https://zkillboard.com/character/2101971234/trophies/ Most memorable match, K/D 73/1, in a gallante combat logi (150 clone count on opposing team), supported by no one but the high ground and his rail rifle. Trollalalala, bet you won't try that again. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, or Whelp.