[AAR] Derptrons 2017.08.09

Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[AAR] Derptrons 2017.08.09

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Greetings and salutations,

Derptrons, what a fun doctrine to fly. Cheap and effective.
Fleet members:
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont
B'aldrick Aivoras
Beavis Alland - Scout
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger - E-War
Gatt2111 - Prober
Glen Burney
Jeracho Dorne
Rikali Laru
Sone Eto - Scout
Tiberius Auduin
Tom Endares
Union Pivo - 2IC
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah - Maulus
Zeerse Solaris
After a lengthy form-up, we headed out towards Eha. Played with a stratios we obv couldn't catch. Placid was dead, probably afraid of Glen's gatecamp in OST or something...
In this fleet I really wanted to have a prober, since that gives you a lot of control over the engagement. Gaty2111 volunteered his helios. We tried to get a drop on a Vexor in OST, but the guy kept moving. Fastforward to when the fleet was in Oicx, Gatt announced he had a Nereus scanned down off a citadel. Thirsty for blood we went in there and guess what, a passive shield fit cyno nereus melted by a thousand cuts! Good job on probing!

(20:05:23) Oicx
Nereus +12m

Around the Eha area we ran into a gang of two Brutices who were stalking a Cynnabal, Aug NI and Curse. The latter fracked off. We toyed with the Brutix for a while, then set up in a Medium plex. Glen Burney agressed the brutix and ostensibly warped to the Medium. Some people slid the gate, probably out of habit? Should have been more clear about our intentions. With the Brutix landed the E-war wing deployed damps and TD on the Brutix. Only the drones were a threat to us, so those were broadcast and swiftly dealth with. Good job guys, only 3 frigates lost to a Brutix? I'll take that trade anyday.

(20:13:53) Eha
Atron -2.98m
Kestrel -10.32m
Atron -4.59m
Brutix +96.2m

People reshipped in Ichoriya, while the fleet continued to Akidagi. We chased around some ships. Beavis found three frigates in Nen in a novice and vanguard was sent out. Concurrently Zarvox Toral, famous streamer and generally a good guy asked for a fight in local. He was flying a domi. This would've been a hard fight. We decided to fight outside a medium and while we were setting up, a small gang of condors landed outside at 100. I ordered the fleet to slide the gate and re-evaluate our position there. I didn't even noticed a condor in the medium until Adrien pointed it out. Free condor kill. Anyways, Zarvox suggested the fight would be fair if the condors joined. I liked those odds, so we bounced and got to work.
Domis have a giant drone bay, but it's the drones that were posing the most danger. Decklin was put on drone duty, which he fulfilled masterfully. Zarvox commented on his stream that the drone pressure was too great, he couldn't use light drones since those were murdered, thus he had to use medium drones that don't apply well to frigates. We switched very well from the Domi to the drones. A slasher pointed Decklin, but was quickly slashed. Zarvox was clearing scrams so he could MJD out and FC was one of the last scrams so I got neuted, scrammed and webbed while he was in 15% structure. Union, my 2IC was down as well and Decklin took over. I totally forgot to call for ammo and tracking, but Decklin didn't. We killed the Domi and then went to work on those condors, backstabbing bunch of overhyped chickens! Decklin and the rest cleared all the condors they could get.

(20:48:01) Akidagi
Condor +3.36m
Atron -4.14m
Atron -4.33m
Atron -3.05m
Kestrel -5.53m
Atron -6.25m
Atron -5.31m
Dominix +309.62m
Maulus -4.91m
Atron +5.64m
Condor +7.56m
Atron -10.6m
Slasher +6.91m
Atron -5.44m

From this point, FC went to reship and gave the fleet to Decklin, I hope he can comment on the following fights in more details.
We set desto home and started burning.

In agoze, we took on a fight that should've been hard for us, but thanks to TD and Drone euthanasia, we bagged an SFI.

(21:18:09) Agoze
Scythe Fleet Issue +117.21m

Scouts found two vexors and we went to town with them. Tiberius got scrammed, webbed and neuted. Got to the edge of scram before being popped. Decklin proceeded to murder those vexors by killing the drones and exploding the ships. 1 T1 atron for two Vexors, DAYUM! Very good FC'ing I was jealous of!
(21:23:17) Agoze
Atron -1.5m
Vexor +45.21m
Vexor +39.14m

We got home safe. That was a fun fight and for me an enjoyable fleet! Thanks to all that contributed and thanks to https://www.twitch.tv/zarvoxtoral for giving content!
FC Feedback Form, please fill one out if you have attended this fleet, thanks.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 642,846,448.24
ISK Lost: 68,939,333.82
ISK Delta: 573,907,114.42
Efficiency: 90.315%

++++++
Good turn up
Very good pressure on the drones of droneboats
Potent E-war choice for this doctrine
New scouts
Probers are really nice, glad we had one in the fleet.

---------
Did not call out to use Void S and to stop orbiting if not redboxed
Some people were taking gates where they shouldn't, I need to be more clear on that.
Last edited by Tiberius Auduin on 2017.08.10 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Derptrons 2017.08.09

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

For the Domi fight, from Zarvox' perspective:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165716378 starts from 00:13:00, fight is beginning at 00:19:00 ish
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

For the couple of skirmishes we had on the way home:

Beavis our scout caught a flashy Scythe FI on the gate. It was trying to kite away from the gate, but our Atrons jumped in and were fast enough to quickly get scrams, webs and neuts on him. Our scout did a good job of disengaging once we had secondary tackle, and he quickly died. Nice teamwork.

For the Vexors, we caught one outside a medium plex, and focused his drones down, with whoever was taking damage warping off when needed. The combination of neuts, tracking disruption, and killing his drones meant that we were able to keep 6-8 Atrons on grid, with one or two bouncing off to repair into he was only able to launch heavy drones.

While we killed him, a second Vexor arrived on grid. Most of the fleet focused on the first Vexor, killing it while I worked on the drones of the second Vexor. The second Vexor did cost us Tiberius's Atron, because we weren't able to neut out his scram right away, and we were focused on killing the first one, so it took me a little while to kill his Acolytes. The fleet did a good job of managing transversal and heat, so we had minimal losses.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

It was a lot of fun watching Zarvox's stream after the fight. Especially when he was complaining of a bug with targeting until someone pointed out on his stream he'd been damped by Decklin.

I did have a scram but was orbiting at 20km in my Tristan if we were that short on scrams I would have burned in set it so theres a lesson for me to always scram something like a battleship so we can keep it on field.

Webbing drones were the hero of the scythe fleet kill of course.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor