[AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors REDUX (Aug 10 02:00)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors REDUX (Aug 10 02:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Howdy all,
This was a fleet full of learning experiences with a big twist at the end - keep reading!

We had a decent-sized fleet by our usual Solitude standards, with twelve pilots attending:
Spoiler
Yuri Levnik - Vexor, FC
Ahlwen Anders - Exequror, Logi
Andrew Nightshade - Arbitrator, EWAR
Arashi Shizukana - Vexor, 2IC
Crimson Herring - Condor, 1 Scout
Elihugh Beecher - Exequror, Logi
Furtive Anstian - Slasher, 2 Scout
Rrad Ekanon - Vexor, DD
Shyena Shavier - Vexor, DD
Sophia Canarius - Vexor, DD
VoodooKarate - Slasher, backup tackle/DD
Z0X Ambrye - Ares, Scout Trainer (Thanks!!!!!!)
We headed west through low sec toward Aridia, finding little in the first few systems. Around Elore we picked up a pair of Cavemen. One of them proceeded to follow us and we decided to play some games around gates. The Caveman was in a Vexor (trying to fit in with the cool kids no doubt) and would jump through gates with us and then crash the gate without aggressing. We engaged with great bravery, but succeeded only in taking gate guns, even after we laid a clever trap and put scrams on our stalker on the far side of a gate. We lost a pair of frigate pilots to gate guns, but our logi wing did an excellent job of keeping our Vexors up. We also learned quite a bit about gate gun mechanics and the frustration of gate games.

2:45 Heluene
Slasher -1.3MN

2:58 Ogaria
Condor -1.5MN

Pressing onward, we crossed the border into Aridia, Caveman in tow. There were a few pilots around, including a Nightmare, but nobody wanted to fight us, so we turned back at Hier and decided to do a bit of clone hunting. Despite canvassing around 75 belts between Kamih and Elore, we only found one clone trooper and a couple of battleships. We also chased a Rattlesnake unsuccessfully. We arrived in Yveve at around 04:15 and I released folks to head back to Boystin via the high sec route if they were tired. I suggested we check Yveve and Conomette and then call it, apologizing for the lack of content.

Bob taketh and Bob giveth. We found little of interest in Yveve, despite 25 belts to check. Moving to Conomette, I found our second clone of the night in the first belt I checked. Elated, I began to call for the fleet to warp to me, only to hear that Shyena Shavier had found a Mordu's Legion ship in another belt. I called for the fleet to stop warp and immediately warp to him, and we landed to find a giant space frying pan a Mordu's Legion battleship! This was literally the first Mordu's Legion ship I had ever seen, and it was a big one! We got our drones on the frying pan and the logi guys got the reps going and a couple minutes later I looted a 700MN Barghest BPC. What a twist (;

After blasting the Mordu's Legion ship, we tracked down the clone I had found and blasted him/her for good measure, then headed home.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: -2.8MN
ISK Delta: -2.8MN
PVP Efficiency: 0%

ISK looted: ~705MN
PVP/PVE Efficiency: 99.6%

What went well:
-We had multiple pilots on the fleet who have not been on many PVP fleets. They flew well - very glad y'all came out to fly with us!
-Z0X trained two new scouts, and they did a solid job at what I think is the second hardest fleet job after FC. Nice job Crimson and Furtive, keep working on your scouting. Thanks to Z0X for being voluntold to teach (;
-We learned a lot about gate mechanics.
-Our logi wing did a fantastic job of keeping us alive under gate guns so losses were minimal (sorry frigate buddies). They also kept us up when we fought the Barghest. I created the Exequror fits myself and they seemed to work OK (fit below).
-The fleet kept together and flew professionally. I think we had one lemming the entire fleet. Very nicely done.
-Z0X, Arashi and Elihugh provided essential support for the FC. Thanks y'all!
-We found an everlovin' Mordu's Legion battleship and it dropped a 700MN+ BPC!

What could have gone better:
-Very little PVP content in space.
-I got bogged down sending our scouts after pilots who we couldn't catch, then kind of gave up on PVP hunting and unfortunately dismissed a couple of pilots who we might have been able to catch.
-The Cavemen were tired and/or afraid of our logi wing and did not come out to fight (though we would have missed that sweet, sweet BPC if they did).
-Many pilots finished security status positive but a few gate gun masochists ended up sec status negative.
-There were unsubstantiated rumors that some pilots' drones had been replaced by spai drones that attacked the FC instead of their intended target. Nonsense, obviously.
-Yuri hates gate guns and docking games );

Overall, this was a pretty good fleet, though I do wish we had gotten some additional PVP content. Still, it's hard to argue with that BPC drop...

Thanks for flying everyone,
Yuri

PS: Here's the Exequror fit, for anyone who's curious:
Spoiler
[Exequror, Soli T1 Exequoror Fit v2]
Damage Control I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Prototype Energized Kinetic Membrane I
Prototype Armor Explosive Hardener I
Mark I Compact Reactor Control Unit
800mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster
Medium F-RX Prototype Capacitor Boost
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Medium Solace Scoped Remote Armor Repairer

Medium Remote Repair Augmentor I

Medium Armor Maintenance Bot I x5

Cap Booster 800 x15
Targeting Range Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
ECCM Script x1
Last edited by Yuri Levnik on 2017.08.10 17:44, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors REDUX (Aug 10 02:00)

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

I had fun! It was my first time flying ewar in the fleet. That must be it. It was my mighty Arbitrator that scared them off!!

I took gate guns 3 times, and that's a first for me. It's rare for me to get into PVP and I appreciate the experience! Thanks Logi! and the warping out and in worked as it was supposed to.

It was a good learning experience for me, but I had fully expected to be shot out of my ship and use my pod saver... bummer. Maybe next time eh?

Communication was clear and I had no issues understanding what was wanted of me.

Thanks again,

--Nightshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Crimson Herring
Title: Solitude Staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude BLAP Vexors REDUX (Aug 10 02:00)

Post by Crimson Herring »

This was a fun fleet. I was particularly pleased to get the chance to learn how to scout for a fleet, and this was a great first scouting experience. Special thanks to Z0X Ambrye for showing me the ropes!

The gate guns caught me by surprise, but now I know to 1) be careful who I aggress near gates and 2) run away when yellow boxed by gate guns, especially in a T1 Frigate.

Thanks for a fun fleet experience!