[NSC] QRF Battle of the Paladin

Mongo the Mechanic

[NSC] QRF Battle of the Paladin

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

We had a nice little fight on the JH- gate in PC9-. We went after a SFI, ONI ANI, and a Paladin on the gate. We planned on going after the cruisers and then making a try at the Paladin to see what we could do. We started the fight and then had the ECM(Falcon) and dampers come in after the fight had started. We were able to take down the ONI, Caracal, and SFI under the nose of the Paladin. Everything was going well until until they brought in back-up and we were forced off or killed.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003286/201708051700/

The board is slightly borked, but this was a fun fight. The kills not listed above aren't ours.

We learned that EWAR isn't effective against a marauder in siege mode(so learning).
We had a nice aggressive form up that happened relative quickly and executed the plan that we talked over on comms pretty well if I do say so myself.

All comments welcome.
Nokie Assan

Re: [NSC] QRF Battle of the Paladin

Post by Nokie Assan »

I really enjoyed that fight, and I have to say we did pretty well until being outnumbered like hell.
Loosing my last Omen Navy Issue in system really hurt but well I was able to snap the Sansha Disruptor Longpoint with my Malediction directly under their noses :lol: ...

As Mongo already said we did pretty well, except for the fact that we should have scattered faster. Nobody of us had enough experience with the Paladin to assess the damage we would need in order to break him.
But next time we will indeed know :). As we will also know that a sieged Paladin is immune to Ewar (is that right? :roll: )
So a great learning experience.

Fly save people

Nokie
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

One thing I also learned recently about seiged marauders is you *can* boosh them with a command destroyer. Also, outside of bastion, they are vulnerable to ECM, with relatively low sensor strength.
Magic Anninen
Title: NSC Officer, Graduate

Post by Magic Anninen »

I was the Falcon pilot in that engagement. I could land a successful jam on the paladin right off the start. So yes, he was easy to jam.
I wasn't aware that he is immune to ECM im bastion, now i know!

Maybe we need to fight more marauders ;-)
Good fight, thx Mongo for calling it.

cheers
Magic
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Post by Kelon Darklight »

Best e-war for Marauders is energy neutralizers. Especially paladin and Kronos are weak to them due to always needing cap for reps and guns. Still useful on Vargurs and golems to kill application ( tackle modules) and invulnerable fields if they have them.
Champion of Tash-Murkon