[SGT] Nobody expects the Drakish Inquisition (01.08.2017)

Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[SGT] Nobody expects the Drakish Inquisition (01.08.2017)

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

This dinosaur doctrine was resurrected mainly for fun. A very very very tight fit on the Drake, coupled with it being not cheap, slow and downright bad had given us one advantage: content was certain =D While mainly the Drake was meant to be RR fit, Zarquu and Adrien both piloting a Hyena didn't want to be anticonformists, so they were spider tanking too and providing this fleet with much needed fireworks (and some tackle too).
Fleet composition was 1 Claymore, 5 Drakes, 1 Bellicose, 2 Hyenas, 1Keres, 1 Maulus a vigil, some tackle and a Megoste. We undocked and started burning towards Black Rise. DISCLAIMER: Memory in hull, some details are fuzzy, I have recorded the fleet but writing AAR from work, so corrections may take place.

Megoste reported a Deimos in Dastryns, which had killed his shiney Dramiel and whatnot. Revenge had to be exacted! The Deimos landed on the OST gate and was toying with us. Solo Deimoi are tasty. Decklin was set up in Ost in case he would jump.
Some pilots engaged it on the gate, he did nothing. Suddenly he started aligning out. When he was far enough away, the Drakes were called for a feast. The Deimos pilot probably prepared himself for bunch of Uni kill mails, however, four Hyena webs landed and together with Drakes own ewar, the Deimos was not going anywhere. Nice tank.
(20:44:53) Dastryns
Deimos +1009.2m

In the neighbourhood of Frarie scouts reported intel of a T2 cruiser gang, consisting of a couple of vagabonds, deimos and a rook. Thinking they would kite us to boredom or until our boosters ran out, Drake fleet didn't take this fight. Made some "strategic" warparounds and whatnot. We jumped into FRA and lo and behold, their Rook pilot got separated from their fleet. Drakes love poultry meat of the Corvid variety.
(20:57:59) Frarie
Rook +240.92m

We've lost two Draeks to RL issues, but the flock of the dragons continued. We caught a nice VNI in Akidagi. He had Geckos =D
(21:13:18) Akidagi, Enaluri
Vexor Navy Issue +123.18m
Capsule +0.01m

Warping and jumping around Nennamaila, we finally caught something to kill, a flashy Arbitrator. His killmail should indicate stuff was a-brewin'. Megoste died, I would say scouting.
(21:31:16) Nennamaila, Hirri
Arbitrator +20.07m
Imperial Navy Slicer -29.23m

Around Hikkoken, we noticed Wasa QC, Kelon's brother in arms, who was victorious in the succession trial tournaments, prancing around in his Golden Magnate. 500B km in everyones starry eyes made us set course for Aldranette.
In Hikkoken we became the official E-UNI fleet! Don't fire unless ordered to(Pro-tip: dock up with loot >2 times your ship's worth)
(21:44:10) Hikkoken
Vigil -85.96m

We found the Exodus gang, who were fielding a proteus together with some small ships. Megoste reported a Proteus outside a combat site. I asked his position. Megoste warped in to check. Megoste died. Rail proteus would wreck drake's support ships, so the opportunity to avenge was given up.
(21:53:55) Hikkoken
Imperial Navy Slicer -30.12m

Fun begins in Pynekastoh. One Drake reports he's being tackled at HIK gate, where a holy cookie fleet was. A Cyno went up and a bunch of kitchensink ships came through, with Exequoror support showing on d-scan. Lets take that fight! Warp in to the cyno and primary the logi's. Suddenly, a Nidhoggur appears. Realise we have a claymore in the fleet. "Torg, are you tackled?" -"Yes". "By who?" -"Everyone." The Arbitrator has had its revenge.
End of fleet.

(22:05:32) Pynekastoh
Fleet fight -695.34m+20.52m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1.413 B
ISK Lost: 0.840 B
Efficiency: 62.71%

Pointers:
-Don't fc while sleep deprived, also don't warp to the cyno.
-Serious lack of memes in local.
+liked the fleet attendance, many people showed up despite it being a. put late on calendar b. very "advanced" fit c. osmium dying so the fits were distributed 5 hours before the form up
+I like the fact people are taking fights with drakes. Because of our hyenas, HAMs applied well. Maybe next time HM RR Drakes?
-I really need to give more in-depth introductions at the start of the fleet, that Gecko-bearing Vigil was my fault.

Credits:
Adrien Claremont
Alf Saissore
B'aldrick Aivoras
Breeze One
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Glen Burney
Megoste
Muzzy Chuck
Orillion Maxwell
Phaethonx Brutor
Pollux Terrentius
Rider Isleman
Tiberius Auduin
Torg Navatin
Zana Fehrnah
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Re: [SGT] Nobody expects the Drakish Inquisition (01.08.2017)

Post by Torg Navatin »

Tiberius Auduin wrote:FUN
Or, !FUN!, for those DwarfFortress fans out there.

We should have stopped after the first billion ;)

I think the initial composition was awesome! Maybe another Bellicose would have been great, especially when deep in enemy territory people started dropping out. I agree with the original comments in the doctrine-post that bringing Ospreys would have given the wrong impression and the wrong type of engagements.

But taking that cyno....man :-) I was debating not to take this warp with the shiny, because that could ONLY end in tears. But hey, you needed the boosts, right?

Pity that I didn't even get onto the Exequoror-kill; I was busy micro-managing by ECM-drones onto the other Exeq, and then the shoe dropped, at which point pressing any buttons became pointless (note the GTFO-button on the fit).

[X] would welp again (and thanks for the loot!)
ImageImage
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Torg Navatin wrote:
Tiberius Auduin wrote:FUN
Or, !FUN!, for those DwarfFortress fans out there.

We should have stopped after the first billion ;)

I think the initial composition was awesome! Maybe another Bellicose would have been great, especially when deep in enemy territory people started dropping out. I agree with the original comments in the doctrine-post that bringing Ospreys would have given the wrong impression and the wrong type of engagements.

But taking that cyno....man :-) I was debating not to take this warp with the shiny, because that could ONLY end in tears. But hey, you needed the boosts, right?

Pity that I didn't even get onto the Exequoror-kill; I was busy micro-managing by ECM-drones onto the other Exeq, and then the shoe dropped, at which point pressing any buttons became pointless (note the GTFO-button on the fit).

[X] would welp again (and thanks for the loot!)
Oh Torg, the ever risk averse carebear! Man up, you lost a 300m ship but had fun, was worth it. Plus you do that once per year so not a huge loss either :)

What's a lot more worrying is the fit on that ship. Bulkhead on a shield tanked ship? T1 guns and rigs? MGC in mids when not needed? Bah, one would think you'd learn something in all these years of carebearing :P

Here's the Claymore fit to go with the RR Draek doctrine. You can include it in the doctrine post for reference:
Spoiler
[Claymore, Torg Navatin's Claymore]

Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Ballistic Control System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Medium Micro Jump Drive
Peripheral Compact Target Painter

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Assault Missile
Shield Command Burst II, Shield Harmonizing Charge
Skirmish Command Burst II, Rapid Deployment Charge

Medium Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x2
Acolyte II x3
Hornet EC-300 x5
Regarding the fleet, man I wish you told me you were running it, I would've so joined :)
Not sure I like the idea of going without a logi with only 5 Drakes though. I understand there's been a discussion about it on the doctrine thread, but despite the fact that I created it, I can't access it anymore, so if someone shares the issues raised against it I can explain why logi should be included in the doctrine.

Tiberius please ping me whenever you're doing SGT related stuff. I'm quite busy the next couple of weeks, but once the AT is over I'll have more time and I can join you guys on such adventures.
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Glasi Vookto wrote: Oh Torg, the ever risk averse carebear! Man up, you lost a 300m ship but had fun, was worth it. Plus you do that once per year so not a huge loss either :)
Oh, totally not complaining there, heck, I volunteered that ship.

Meta-launchers because the Missile Guidance Computer sucked the CPU dry. Hm, I'm trying to remember why I thought I needed longer ranger...somehow I remembered we wanted to go for ~25km engagements? But if I now look at the Drakes I don't actually see that. Hm.
Last edited by Torg Navatin on 2017.09.10 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Should have not ordered the Claymore warp-in, yes. But thanks for the sacrifice :p
And Glasi, I'll ping you of course, nothing like getting berated by Glasi if you do something stupid :p

And for the lack of memes during draek fleets, next time better!!
Phaethonx Brutor

Post by Phaethonx Brutor »

Really enjoyed this fleet, I like shiny things.
Devourer of the blue donuts. Guardian of the blueberries. Reaper of the new-berries, Counter protostomper, and above all, Official Team Mascot of D.A.R.K L.E.G.I.O.N, maker of laughs and good times. Become a citizen bro. 80+mil sp multi role death machine. Top 400 overall player rank. https://zkillboard.com/character/2101971234/trophies/ Most memorable match, K/D 73/1, in a gallante combat logi (150 clone count on opposing team), supported by no one but the high ground and his rail rifle. Trollalalala, bet you won't try that again. Adapt, Improvise, Overcome, or Whelp.