[Fleet] BLAP Vexors - 2 Fleet fights

Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

[Fleet] BLAP Vexors - 2 Fleet fights

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Nice quick form-up at 17:30, with the fleet undocking quickly just before 17:45:
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - Logi Commander
ashahara - Vexor
BatFC - Assitant to the Logi Commander
Breeze One - Magus
Calder Ormand - Vexor
DeanSherman - Vexor
Decklin Quark Reiger - Vexor, FC
DonkeyPunch Udan - Vexor, 3IC
Eddie Dante - Scout
FrankTT2 - Vexor, 2IC
Glen Burney - Scout
Rider Isleman - Vexor
Tiberius Auduin - Hyena
Trillian Ituin - Vexor
Wheat Fields - Vexor
Zarquu Fussuhfusus - Keres, instolock (refit later)

Being ready to go quickly meant that when Glen tackled a Vexor in Reynir, the fleet was ready to go. I think this guy was afk, because he never did respond:

(17:51:07) Reynire
Vexor +16.79m
Capsule +0.01m

In Agoze, Glen caught a VNI at an asteroid belt. We think he forgot to turn his cloak on (or something along those lines) :

(18:08:08) Agoze
Vexor Navy Issue +150.51m

From here, we moved up towards Nennamaila, and encountered a Lumpy black-ops Stratios gang in Fraerie. I saw on D-scan that they were sitting on a citadel with about a dozen ships, including Stratios es and a couple T3Cs. I knew we couldn't possibly win the fight, but remember the last Vexor roam through low sec, where we went the whole night without finding any fights, I decided to ask them in local if they wanted a fight. My thinking at the time was if we kill just 1-2 Stratioses that will cover the cost of our fleet.

They warped down to us on the Moclinamaud gate, where we were surrounding the gate. I called for us to jump through the gate, in order to spread their fleet out as they came after us. When we engaged, I realised I had made the mistake of not taking into account their recons.... Their Falcon pilot did a great job of jamming out a large portion of our fleet, and we lost 5 Vexors and an Augoror before disengaging:

(18:24:55) Moclinamaud
Vexor -24.36m
Vexor -36.2m
Augoror -21.99m
Vexor -21.79m
Vexor -18.98m
Vexor -18.61m

Thankfully, we were close to home, so after the fight, we regrouped, gathered up our lost drones and modules, and made our way back to UPH to reship.

From there, we went back up towards Nennamaila, and on the way, investigated zkill to see what was happening in Mercomesier, which was unusually active. It turns out that a couple hours previously, Snuffed out had killed a Horde Naglfar, and a few other caps as well. Following on from that there was a flurry of sub-cap activity. So, we went to see if we could join in the fray. Most of the activity had settled down, leaving a couple of frigate and destroyer gangs, as well as a few cruisers. We caught the cruisers, but the other fleets evaded us:

(19:33:53) Mercomesier
Thorax +11.72m
Maller +17.21m

On our way to Mercomesier, we had passed through the Black Flag systems of Aubenall / Oulley. They opened up a conversation with us, asking if we wanted a fight. We agreed to a fight in a medium in Renarelle. I chose Renarelle so that it wasn't directly in their staging system, that it's relatively quiet (compared to VLI) and a Medium plex to put a limit on the size of ships they could bring. We travelled around the loop through Aldranette and VLI, towards Renarelle, and adjusted a few of our Vexor mid-slots on the way, as well as changing Zarquu's insta-locking Keres to a more typical damp setup. For the Vexors, I set us up with a mix of point / web on some of us, with scram/web on the others. (in hindsight, sensor boosters would have been a good idea.. more on that in a minute)

In VLI, Glen caught a Ferrox, but in turn got caught by a Garmur and Cerberus, before the fleet arrived:

(19:56:15) Vlillirier
Stiletto -42.4m

Glen quickly reshipped into a Maulus, and we carried on to our date with Black Flag in Renarelle.

Here, Black Flag had brought a gang of 15 pilots to face us, with 8 Mallers, 4 Augorors, 1 Omen, 1 Thorax, and 2 Pontifexes. (A couple latecomers trickled in after the fight started, including a Rupture and Blackbird)

Going in to the fight, Eddie got us a d-scan, so I outlined our plan in advance: Zarquu and Glen should heat their damps and try to disrupt the Augoror's cap chain, while the Vexors focused dps on the higher dps / ehp targets of the Thorax and Omen. Meanwhile, our logi should stick close to Breeze One, who would look for an opportunity to boosh and split their fleet. We should keep our scrams on their Pontifexes and Logi, to prevent them from getting the boosh.

Unfortunately, they scrammed Breeze the moment he started spooling his MJFG, so that part didn't work. Their DPS also immediately focused down our two logi (it was impossible for BatFC and Adrien to keep each other alive, realistically, but we didn't have a third logi available)

Our dps focused first on the Thorax, but their logi caught him initially. We swapped off the Thorax onto their Omen, who was initially catching reps. Somewhere around this point, their swarm of ec-300 drones broke my lock, but Breeze was able to let me know how the damage was going on the Omen. Once we got all our drones on the Omen, we were able to break it, in spite of their 4 logi - and shortly after we broke the Thorax as well. I assume at this point that our Damps were having some effect on their Augs. At this point in the fight, they had taken down both of our logi, plus one Vexor, in exchange for their Omen and Thorax. So far, not too bad.

Around this point, an additional Blackbird and Rupture entered the fray, and I tried our dps against a Rupture, but from the look of things many of our drones weren't focused on it, and their reps held. I then tried against a Pontifex that had pulled away from their Logi - but apparently he was still close enough to get reps. I think at this point Zarquu was damping out their Blackbird, and enough of their Augs were able to rep the Pontifex to hold him (and his high resists). Meanwhile, they gradually wore down most of our Vexors, until the last few of us were able to align out and warp off, with Zarquu's help to damp off their tackle.

(20:02:54) Renarelle
Augoror -21.99m
Augoror -22.81m
Vexor -18.39m
Omen +32.9m
Thorax +32.93m
Vexor -41.7m
Vexor -41.77m
Slasher -7.61m
Vexor -37.51m
Vexor -18.23m
Magus -87.75m
Vexor -18.3m
Maulus -4.42m
Vexor -19.3m

This was a pretty good match-up for us really. Granted, they double the logi compared to us, but looking at the timeline of the battle report, we did pretty well. If we had sensor boosters in our mids in order to counter their EC drones, I think we could have focused our drone damage more easily. (and of course, if we had a third or fourth logi, I think this fight would have gone in our favour). Well done everyone - and thank you to Black Flag for bringing a reasonable fight!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 262,082,500.06
ISK Lost: 524,100,229.74
ISK Delta: -262,017,729.68
Efficiency: 33.336%
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [Fleet] BLAP Vexors - 2 Fleet fights

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

(lessons learned to follow)
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Re: [Fleet] BLAP Vexors - 2 Fleet fights

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

That last fight was interesting. From Hyena perspective:
I could not for the love of Bob see target broadcasts. Checked my settings, all fine. Cleared the history. Still no broadcasts. Started looking for the primary by name and ship time. Wasted valuable web time and didn't pay attention to approaching Mallers. Got scrammed, but luckily I had refitted to an 1MN AB Hyena, so a pulse of OH allowed me to break free. Returned three times, I had the sensation the same ships were hunting me down. Had a good practice on positioning.
Good fleet, as always.