[AAR] Longbow Cormorants 01/08/17

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Longbow Cormorants 01/08/17

Post by Adrien Claremont »

No fleet fights/whelps to be had this week. This roam certainly demonstrated to me the effectiveness of the Longbow Corm as a roaming, ganking doctrine that I'm quickly starting to really like.

Scouts did a great job finding stuff in plexes, and the fleet did a great job of literally deleting frigates that tried to jump through us while on gates.

Roam members (25)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - FC
Alf Saissore
Barbara Blast
Breeze One
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger - Scout
Eddie Dante - Scout
Kramnath
Luca Goh
Matheus Esp
Megoste
Muzzy Chuck
Nokie Assan
Oh' Leeador
Pollux Terrentius
Rikali Laru
Shizuka Shinano
Tiberius Auduin - 2IC
Tika On
Torg Navatin
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Z0X Ambrye
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
Not much to really say regarding the fleet narrative. After persistent dramas with my mumble AGAIN, we departed and made our way up the pipe to Black Rise, ganking everything along the way.

This was on a gate...

(18:41:05) Renarelle
Executioner +12.86m

Decklin chased this one himself...

(18:44:38) Aldranette
Navitas +0.29m

This one was a plex...

(18:46:03) Oicx
Condor +10.2m

Plex too...

(19:09:13) Pavanakka
Incursus +7.32m
Capsule +0.01m

VNI was a plex (nice catch and good teamwork between the scouts to hold tackle). Comet was deleted on a gate...

(19:16:46) Akidagi
Vexor Navy Issue +122.13m
Federation Navy Comet +24.05m

Plex...

(19:23:02) Nennamaila
Incursus +13.25m

Gate...

(19:25:23) Nennamaila
Tristan +12.85m

Plex...

(19:27:49) Hikkoken
Tristan +1.44m

Scouts found two Enyos in a Small plex and held them just fine for the fleet to again literally delete them when we landed. Algos was hanging out around 200km. I'd forgotten we had a boosh with us, so called free burn to try and catch him. Scouts quickly grabbed point. The boosh was brought up on comms and we booshed over whoever was close to the CD which, with the Scouts, was enough to bring him down without loosing anyone.

(19:40:35) Nennamaila
Enyo +39.58m
Enyo +41.98m
Algos +17.24m

Finally, on our way back home, Scouts had eyes on a flashy Stratios. We had Scouts on both sides of the gate to try and catch him, however the Stratios decided to engage Eddie. Decklin secured secondary point while the fleet landed, with the fleet yet again making extremely quick work of the Stratios. Shame we couldn't catch the pod, I bet that would have been nice too.

(19:51:18) Aubenall
Slasher -12.31m
Stratios +403.05m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 706,246,428.9
ISK Lost: 12,309,424.51
ISK Delta: 693,937,004.39
Efficiency: 98.287%

The Good

Effective engagements of neutrals on gates (no one died to gate guns)
Great teamwork by scouts to secure kills in plexes.

The Bad

FC comms were a joke at the start. Starting to scratch my head on how to fix this now as it's really becoming a hindrance to FCing
FC forgot we had a CD to boosh the fleet onto the Algos gank. Not the first time he has forgotten he had a boosh in fleet.

These Cormorants, fighting either at long or short range, are absolutely beastly for destroying frigates. While not exactly an alpha strike doctrine, because railguns do not have a time delay like missiles do, we were simply deleting frigates on gates before they could either warp off or crash back to the gate which is a great feeling. Dual scan res SeBos meant we could lock up and apply damage real quick.

At first I wanted the fleet to stay pre-aligned on our in gates to fight under gate guns because we didn't have any tank fitted to the Corms, however we quickly changed to just aligning out from the outgate instead whenever a scout reported something was about to jump into us.

Overall I was happy with how the fleet went and I think we (I) learnt how to gank things effectively on a gate in these. While we didn't get a chance to gank a neutral cruiser on a gate, I'm confident we'd have a really good shot at managing it before they could warp off. Considering we were "Longbow" Corms, 80% of our engagements happened between 5-20km. It would be good to use the range of these things a little more next time, and I'm definitely keen to try these out in a fleet style engagement.

Maybe a trip out to Null is needed next time.

For those taking part in the CCI, this fleet will count as a LSC participation event.

Thanks for coming out guys. Without the numbers we had, we likely wouldn't have been able to do the things we did.
Eddie Dante

Re: [AAR] Longbow Cormorants 01/08/17

Post by Eddie Dante »

Fun fleet, really enjoyed myself at this one:
- Lots of targets (though admittedly, not the biggest fish)
- Quite happy to have Decklin scouting with me, nice teamwork, good communications. It really adds up, opposed to scouting alone.
- Adrien set a nice pace and kept everything moving.
- I like this doctrine. Fast & long range. Also being able to engage stuff at gates is a biggy, when targets are almost exclusively found at gates, plexes or stations.

With all above things combined i got the impression the fleet was constantly on the move and engaging stuff, which is good to keep the entertainment-factor high.

Minor hiccup: If anyone is wondering why there are gateguns on my killmail: replay shows I professionally tackled the gate :lol:
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Breeze One »

Agree, really fun fleet! First time I've been on a proper Longbow fleet, and the gate combat is really fun with these things! Big fan of them now. Nice work Adrien!
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Eddie Dante wrote: Minor hiccup: If anyone is wondering why there are gateguns on my killmail: replay shows I professionally tackled the gate :lol:
now your a true scout Eddie! welcome to the club :pinkiecrazy:
ImageImage ImageImage
Trillian Ituin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trillian Ituin »

Eddie Dante wrote: Minor hiccup: If anyone is wondering why there are gateguns on my killmail: replay shows I professionally tackled the gate :lol:
What, scouts have the perk to tackle gates? Now it begins to sound tempting :lol: