[AAR] BLAP Vexors 27/07/17

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

[AAR] BLAP Vexors 27/07/17

Post by Adrien Claremont »

This was an absolutely terrible fleet from a FC perspective, and I imagine most of the fleet members could tell that too.

Roam members (19)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - FC
Altar Kabal
Azrael Feanorian
B'aldrick Aivoras - Command Destroyer
Barbara Blast
Davnik Heasithym
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger - Logi
Eddie Dante - Scout
Kael Xanders
Kirsi Isrik
Kordun Naskingar
Muzzy Chuck
Peregrinus Zolt
Trillian Ituin
Z0X Ambrye - 2IC
Zana Fehrnah - Logi
Zarquu Fussuhfusus - Logi
ashahara
We took a long time to form, then took even longer to find anything worthwhile to shoot. The only attempt at a gank we had was on a Caracal outside a medium. BLAP Vexors are extremely slow and by the time we landed, both the Caracal and our scout were out around 70km. We tried to boosh the distance but in the end out scout was popped and he got away.

(19:15:09) Nennamaila
Slasher -4.42m

Other than that, our scouts tried to catch a few things but nothing really happened. After a quick bio our scouts got eyes onto HCOOK who we knew would be out doing their public fleet on a Wednesday. Content starved, I think everyone was up for the fight initially even though we knew it was a terrible match up.

Assumptions going into the fight...

Frigate sized ships would reduce our DPS as we'd be forced to use smaller drones (lack of webs in fleet)
Gal drones hit into HCOOKs highest resists, further reducing our DPS
Vexors are slow, it would be difficult to pull range (basically impossible) and therefore our railguns would basically be pointless, further reducing damage

Content, however, is content.

I wanted to position us in a medium first to get the best start to the fight. Thinking the fleet was pre aligned (it wasn't) I fleet warped everyone the medium which meant we trickled in. We then waited for everyone to land before sliding the plex, which allowed HCOOK to land on us and tackle Decklin's Aug as we started to slide in. So straight away, we were down 1/3 of our Logi. We anchored up and tried a boosh in the vain attempt to split the HCOOK fleet inside, which didn't work. Once the flight started properly, we just bled numbers without scratching the HCOOK fleet.

I called a Stork primary first as I was conscious about further boosh attempts to split our fleet. He caught reps.
Next target was a Svipul as I wanted something outside of the Caldari T2 resist profile. He caught reps
I was being Headshot so I returned the favour and called Captain Cean primary.

I popped and was then podded back to PC9-AY (I stayed on grid in my pod so I could continue to watch what was happening during the fight), which ended the fleet for me there and then.

There was a huge list of things that I could and should have done better which I'll cover in a second.

(20:05:49) Hikkoken
Augoror -24.02m
Stiletto +33.67m
Vexor -18.92m
Capsule +0.01m
Slasher -4.43m
Vexor -38.64m
Vexor -22.46m
Vexor -29.47m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor -21.77m
Vexor -17.1m
Vexor -23.68m
Pontifex -118.57m
Augoror -22.6m
Vexor -17.33m
Vexor -18.72m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 33,684,116.03
ISK Lost: 382,132,672.65
ISK Delta: -348,448,556.62
Efficiency: 8.101%

The Good

Our two remaining Logi did a great job keeping people alive a lot longer than we should have.

The Bad

Poor target selection from the FC. Targeting Logi first would have been better given we couldn't break reps
FC did not call a specific target for damps. This could have removed the effectiveness of a second enemy Logi
FC did not call for a switch to close range ammo, making our rails basically pointless
FC called for light drones expecting to target frigates, then called to target several destroyers which medium drones would probably apply better too
FC did not ask for a spread of tackle mods at the start of the fleet. We lack scrams and webs. No scrams meant couldn't protect against hostile boosh attempts
FC did not confirm everyone had the additional utility modules prior to departing. This would have allowed us to tailor our fittings to suit the engagement
FC did a poor job of voicing commands for basic things like align and warp, which resulted in the fleet trickling to the medium.
FCs comms died early in the fleet, yet again
People decided to go after pods mid fight rather than following broadcasts, which didn't help our poor application at all
Probably a few more things that I can't think of right now. Please comment on anything else I did poorly or didn't do at all.

All in all a really poor job of FCing from my perspective. I can only apologise.

I believe the fleet reshipped after this fight, and I'll leave the remainder of the AAR up to Z0X to comment.

For those who lost a BLAP fitting, don't forget to claim your SRP

For those taking part in the CCI, this fleet would count as a LSC participation event.
Captain Cean

Re: [AAR] BLAP Vexors 27/07/17

Post by Captain Cean »

Adrien Claremont wrote: We anchored up and tried a boosh in the vain attempt to split the HCOOK fleet inside, which didn't work.
It "worked" we just booshed the splitted fleet back into the fight.

Realy good AAR you realy said everything. (Resi layouts, Signature, missing webs, railgun application)

I was actualy Suprised when you guys take the fight (thats why we sucided the Ceptor into you cause we where expection that you bail)
Sry for the Headshot didn't know you where FC, I Didn't seen the usally FC's so we just killed what was close.
Eddie Dante

Re: [AAR] BLAP Vexors 27/07/17

Post by Eddie Dante »

And from a scouting perspective also not the best fleet:
- At the caracal encounter i realised too late he was MWD fit. Pointed the guy while i shouldve scrammed him, wouldve been a kill that way. Afaik theres no reason to stay at 20km range vs a RLML?
- Got redboxed next to a gate by a Vexor. Fleet would take a few secs to warp and jump the gate. I decided to do nothing to avoid weapons timer, since my get-out would be crashing the gate. A sec before the fleet jumped in, the vexor warped off since i hadnt pointed him. Perhaps i shoulve pointed him and pulled range. Though i probably wouldve gone down too, at least itd have been a kill.
- Pre-cookie fight i was on grid with their fleet, few hundred km off. Called out a few secs too late Cookie was aligning to the medium. Not sure if our fleet lingered a few secs before sliding, but if yes, an earlier call might have gotten decklin safely inside the plex.
- Unlucky stuff like 2 jackdaws just finishing a FW mission and getting away as fleet gets in position etc.

Gonna do better next time!