Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

AAR: Police Academy - Golden Horde

Post by Breeze One »

FC: Breeze One
2IC: Donkeypunch
Logi FC: Laser
Scouts: Eddie, Amira
Snowflakes: Decklin (Hyena), B'aldrick (Pontifex)

Quiet first half, punctuated just by the odd gank of a small target

Algos +6.44m
Tristan +3.45m

We spotted a Holy Cookie Punisher fleet out and about, but I decided to avoid them for now, and we moved back down to Akidagi. Scouts called a Moa in a Medium, and I sent Vanguard ahead, with a VNI and ONI appearing at the gate as they landed. The ONI stayed outside and fled as the rest of our fleet landed, but the VNI slid in and Vanguard did a great job to hold both of them while the fleet arrived! Good kills guys

Moa +32.04m
Vexor Navy Issue +112.22m

There was a Battlecruiser gang circling around Nennamaila, which I was keen to have a go with, and I was discussing joining forces with the Cookie fleet for this, but they didnt want the fight, and fled, as they would repeatedly do throughout the evening.

Instead, I decided to take the Holy Cookie fight. Vanguard baited in a plex for a bit, then when Cookie appeared outside, they warped out as the rest of the fleet warped in. We had more than double Cookie's numbers (as I'm sure they knew), and we managed to steamroll them a bit here. Despite the numbers advantage the fleet did a really good job focusing DPS, staying in range, and executing commands really well, and Logi did a great job keeping our losses to a minimum. Solid work guys all round, great job!

Thank you Cookie for taking the fight!

Inquisitor +15.14m
Inquisitor -4.08m
Punisher +8.7m
Punisher +9.1m
Punisher +7.65m
Punisher +9.52m
Punisher +8.33m
Punisher +8.37m

Quick and dirty couple of ganks soon followed, with Scouts doing a great job of grabbing and holding tackle. Great hero tackling from Amira on the Worm!

Caldari Navy Hookbill +35.39m
Capsule +5.42m

Rifter -3.63m
Worm +110.26m

We hunted the battlecruiser gang into Rakapas, but they kept running, and we found a flashy Hyperion on a gate. It was relatively obvious bait, but never not take the bait!

We engaged as they started landing Gila's at range from us, and the Hyperion started repping. We went for the boosh to get us off the gate and away from the Gila's but missed it initially, and had to burn most of the fleet backl to the gate, which lost us a few ships while Logi were 100km off. We managed to get the Pontifex back on grid and ready for a second boosh, which was successful this time, but we'd lost a few ships at this point (including the Pontifex straight after the boosh), and we werent breaking the Hyperion's reps, while the Gila's were slowly burning back towards us, so I called scatter.

While it WAS obvious bait and maybe I shouldnt have taken it, few things could have gone better, as mentioned by people afterwards. If we'd have landed the initial boosh then we could probably have saved some of our ships, while we could also have ignored the Hyperion and used the boosh instead to boosh us into the Gila's who were at around 100km range, and would likely have been softer targets than the Hyperion. We could also have focused down the Gila's drones.

Notes for improvement for myself there.

Slasher -4.44m
Hyena -30.4m
Griffin -1.13m
Maulus -6.29m
Pontifex -124.41m
Condor -7.03m
Punisher -6.97m
Punisher -6.24m

We had a few chances to engage some large stuff around Heydieles, but nothing wanted to present an easy target, and while we did find a small fleet of 6 Algos's they also declined to engage us and docked up

While doing so however, we did manage to catch a Moa on a gate and burn him down before he could crash gate. Nice work guys.

Slasher -4.43m
Moa +36.17m

Then, the less edifying moment for us...Heading home donw the Heydieles pipe, I forgot there was an Incursion down here. Rather than jump into Hi-Sec and head home safely, I stupidly decided to try and burn us through the Incursion systems and gamble with the gate rats. We lost one to disconnect, and looks like two others to rat gate camps. All on me that guys sorry. Remind me not to try and traverse Incursion systems with slow aligning Punishers. Or indeed, any fleet.

Punisher -4.97m
Inquisitor -3.56m
Punisher -13.79m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 408,210,695.2
ISK Lost: 221,389,992.12
ISK Delta: 186,820,703.08
Efficiency: 64.836%
Spoiler
Roam members (28) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Adrien Claremont
Alf Saissore
Amira Evolta
Azrael Feanorian
B'aldrick Aivoras
Barbara Blast
Breeze One
Burak Oz
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
Dgdsgy Foobar
DonkeyPunch Udan
Eddie Dante
Guiliano Thellere
Henandez
I 4M L3Gl0N
Kirsi Isrik
Kordun Naskingar
Koss Vha
Laser Skaron
Oh' Leeador
Peregrinus Zolt
Phaethonx Brutor
Trillian Ituin
Troven Smalvard
Xana McBash
Zarquu Fussuhfusus
ashahara
Last edited by Breeze One on 2017.07.25 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Dgdsgy Foobar
Title: Sophomore

Re: AAR: Police Academy - Golden Horde

Post by Dgdsgy Foobar »

Dang, I think I was one of the first logi to slide the gate on the punisher fight. Guess I got primaried before the others had a chance to repair me
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

managed to get a few cycles off on you but just couldn't hold,

more interestingly after i left.... you tried to use the one i gave you to run an incursion?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
this AAR could be interesting Breze :shock:
ImageImage ImageImage
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Breeze One »

Yeah....I forgot that there was an Incursion down that pipe and tried to run the gauntlet home as it was getting late. Better option would have been to duck into High Sec and go home that way, but wasn't thinking straight (coffee wearing off). Think we lost one to rats and another to D/C and THEN rats. Rats be nasty. Breeze be making bad decisions when tired too.

Proper AAR will go up later this evening probably
Captain Cean

Post by Captain Cean »

Breeze One wrote:We had more than double Cookie's numbers (as I'm sure they knew)
more like 3 times more ^^ and we didn't know

probably the reaction of the whole Fleets