Cavemen provide content in PC9

Mike shlecton

Cavemen provide content in PC9

Post by Mike shlecton »

Objective
Cavemen had a bait Thorax, Ainmire Diurach, sitting on PC9 top station undock requesting a fight in local. Our eyes in JH- told us there was a fleet of mostly Caracals sitting on PC9 gate waiting to jump in. Mike Selection, FC, called out for those in standing fleet to X up to take the fight.

Observations
The plan was to have Garrett Achasse undock in a Thorax to engage the bait and once he was red boxed the rest of the fleet would undock. While we were readying the bait became impatient and jumped to JH- gate. Garret undocked and followed to the gate landing at zero and was immediately engaged.

Our fleet undocked and warped to gate while at the same time the enemy fleet jumped through from JH into pc9-. Thorax was primaried and quickly dispatched while Garrett at the same time Garrett lost his Thorax. FC called for the next target and the Caracals were taken down one by one. FC called for everyone to spread points to grab the pods which we got 5 of.

Losses:
Thorax 31.3M
Vexor 28.6M

Kills:
Thorax 33..1M
Thorax 13.9M
Caracal 30.7M
Caracal 34.5M
Caracal 27.5M
5 Capsules 4.3M

Review
The plan of sending a Thorax out to bait the bait seemed like the best plan at the time. We didn't know how commited to taking the fight they would be if we undocked our whole fleet. This way we figured we could at least get the Thorax. It turns out they were committed to the fight and we could have sent a tankier ship in first and they still would have taken the fight.

Warping at range maybe 60 km from the gate could have been useful looking back. As FC I advised our thorax to warp at 0 and burn away from the gate but when the thorax landed, they both engaged and web scram initiated by both. Warping at range would have made the enemy burn to our thorax to engage. By doing this we get some space and time to take down the thorax prior to their fleet arriving. Also doing this makes the enemy thorax use his cap up to burn for tackle. Great job forming up at minimal time. LSC is becoming a great place to pvp.
Luc Arbosa
Title: Graduate

Re: Cavemen provide content in PC9

Post by Luc Arbosa »

I engaged Ainmire off of station hoping to get him to red-box and be unable to dock up. Which worked, unfortunately I was not clear about my intentions to fleet, who were not ready when I engaged:
http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=435204

I re-shipped to a Vexor and got ready with rest of the fleet to engage them after Garrett. As soon as we got the word that Ainmire had engaged, I warped to Garrett and engaged. I believe I was primary after Garrett went down, which I think worked in our favor as the tanky Vexor could take a fair amount of punishment. I survived almost to the end of the engagement:
http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=435227

Once I was almost through armor I turned on my MWD and started trying to burn off the gate to get out of disrupt range, I think if I'd started doing this earlier I might have been able to warp out in deep structure. Nonetheless I think the Vex was a fair trade for the five kills we got.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage