[AAR] NoP Kitchen Sink Frigates - July 3rd 02:30

Tyler Arnoux

[AAR] NoP Kitchen Sink Frigates - July 3rd 02:30

Post by Tyler Arnoux »

Goals
Gain more familiarity with fleet movement/and pacing.
Get better at knowing when to pick fights.

Participants
Ace Fear
Adoulin ap Io
Cyus Erata
Dgdsgy Foobar
Junmei Hucel-Ge
Phaethonx Brutor
Tansarii Kashada
Tiberius NoVegas
Tyler Arnoux
Victor Kaj
Z0X Ambrye

Roam Report
Began in Stacmon at 02:30. Fleet of 11 kitchen sink frigates with no logi.

Our first fight was in Nennamaila, on the Hikkoken gate. We had a flashy Scythe Fleet Issue jump into us. I called for tackle; unfortunately, the pilot was able to pull range fairly quickly and alpha off our faster tackle.

(03:23:20) Nennamaila
Condor -12.88m
Maulus -9.48m

Our scout is +1 from the fleet in Innia, and is trying to locate a Merlin, and he calls he has tackle. I jump the fleet through and call a warp to scout. As we are jumping, we get the call that our scout is down. He got caught out by a RLML Caracal, and got wiped out pretty fast. I decided against taking any engagement with said Caracal.

(03:43:24) Innia
Ares -48.05m

On the Martoh gate in Kinakka we had our first and only real engagement. There was a Nereus sitting off the gate, decloaked. We knew that it was probably bait, but decided to take the fight anyways. The Nereus was actually combat fit, so we had a reasonable engagment with it. Since the ship was non-flashy on a gate, we began to take gate guns while engaging. As such, the four ships we lost died primarily to gate guns. We ended up popping the Nereus, and a Vexor landed on grid. I called to scatter, and most of the fleet got away, minus one fleetmate that had gotten tackled by the Vexor.

(03:50:33) Kinakka
Vigil -1.23m
Tristan -3.1m
Executioner -5.03m
Merlin -6.8m
Nereus +47.34m

On our way back home, we are moving fairly quickly; only stopping if our scout sees something small and alone in system. Scout calls that he found a Comet at a novice, and I give him the go-ahead for tackle. He is unable to pull any range, and the Blaster Comet is able to melt him fairly quickly. Unfortunately he is also podded during this exchange, and we are unable to catch him.

(04:12:23) Aivonen
Slasher -3.4m
Capsule -142.74m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 47,339,910.27
ISK Lost: 232,697,546.19
ISK Delta: -185,357,635.92
Efficiency: 16.905%

Summary
Overall this fleet was much smoother on my part. The cadence I need to hold with my scout is coming a lot more comfortably. Fleet movement is much easier to put on the back burner; I still need to work on broadcasting more regularly (or proactively delegating).

In terms of picking fights, I think I was considerably more conservative this time around. However, this worked a little better for us overall.

I need to remind people to get a clean clone. I also need to be aware of people joining part-way through the fleet. Making sure people understand gate gun mechanics is crucial.
Tansarii Kashada
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Re: [AAR] NoP Kitchen Sink Frigates - July 3rd 02:30

Post by Tansarii Kashada »

Thanks for the opportunity to scout - it was my first time dipping my toes back into PvP in a while (I love scouting). I always *expect* to die as a scout, which makes it that much more fun. As FC, you were very efficient and took all the info in and made relatively quick decisions. Nice work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage