[AAR] De-classified classified AMC OP 11/07/2017

Commander Aeris
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] De-classified classified AMC OP 11/07/2017

Post by Commander Aeris »

On 11/07/2017 a wormhole spawned in =redacted= leading to =redacted=.

A decision was made to form up a fleet of brave miners to mine the system. A hauler guarded the destination side of the wormhole to monitor it's health and to form an anchor to warp to if things got dicey.
After having scared the hauler a few times with unannounced friendly activations of the gate, we settled into a good routine of calling out wormhole activations, coming on-grid and leaving grid.

The asteroids were juicy, however so were the rats on the belt. Fortunately between the porpoise, barges and ventures we had enough firepower to take down those juicy =redacted=, =redacted= and =redacted= asteroids as well as the battleship-sized =redacted= rats. Although we nearly lost one of the venture pilots [not me] to incoming fire of the rats.

While the mining ships and the occasional industrial jumped through the fresh 'very large' gate, after an hour-and-a-half and millions of m3 of ships moving through the wormhole showed it's first sign of destabilizing. At this time a new routine was set in place where the hauler would call out after every activation if the wormhole had gone critical. If it had, everyone on the home side would not come back through and everyone in the mining system would finish filling their holds and make a last jump out of the system.

Being keenly aware we were operating in =redacted= backyard, we all felt the thrill of having to watch the comm channels for any activity.
For almost two hours all was quiet. But just as one of our ventures returned to the mining system through the wormhole, two of the residents appeared on comms. Immediately the order "Break, Break, Break, all warp out and get out though the wormhole." was given.
All miners on-grid reacted swiftly, pulled their drones, warped to the wormhole and jumped through. As did the hauler.

That left the lone venture pilot [yes that was me] stuck, all alone with the two residents in the mining system. With her hull polarized from the recent jump through the wormhole, there was no quick escape.
Deciding that staying at the wormhole would present a much too easy target, the lone venture pilot decided to cruise around the system for a while. Visiting several asteroid belts, planets and doing a flyby of the systems sun gave the hull of the venture time to become de-polarized while presenting the residents with a moving target.
Once able, the venture pilot went straight for the wormhole and managed to get back home safe, although with a severe case of increased heartrate.

On the way out, a final D-scan by the venture showed an Ishtar at 30k km's and incoming.
The hauler confirmed that =redacted= flying an Ishtar followed the lone venture through the wormhole mere seconds behind, a very close escape.

After the residents visited the systems around the AMC they departed back to their corner of =redacted=.

In conclusion, the op was a success. Higher profits were had by all those brave enough to make the jump into =redacted=, while the fleet showed great discipline and awareness.
Several comments from the participants were "It was exciting", "The most fun I've had mining" and "We should do this more often!".

Props to =redacted= for organizing the fleet, boosting and keeping an eye on the wormhole.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Image - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -|
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Re: [AAR] De-classified classified AMC OP 11/07/2017

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Commander Aeris wrote: Although we nearly lost one of the venture pilots [not me] to incoming fire of the rats.
I was fine. 1/2 hull is an ok place to be when you warp off in a venture.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Greagan Tonathias
Title: AMC Officer, Graduate

Post by Greagan Tonathias »

I was having fun too sadly the my porpoise doesnt have as great of boosts but it did help
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Bantams Are Love, Bantams Are Life. Nothing More to Say About That. Oh and My Ideas Are The Best!! If Its Not A Box Dont Fly It- friendly Reminder From Your Neighborhood Bantam Man.
Andrew Nightshade
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Andrew Nightshade »

I love hearing about these kind of ops. Well done! This is the kind of thing I love.

To think several years ago just before WH's came out, I was contemplating how to get a hold of nullsec ores as a newbro. I wanted cloaky mining ships and the ability to sneak in and out and I was sad that the only way to get them was to join a nullsec alliance. After a long absence from the game, I was delighted to discover this whole new aspect to mining. Now, I love these ops, they change mining from a dull routine into something a bit more exciting.

Kudos on getting everyone out!

--Nightshade
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Rashar Arji

Post by Rashar Arji »

#redacted
White 0rchid

Post by White 0rchid »

I have no idea what's going on here.
WE FORM V0LTA
Ulrik Elristan
Title: Ensign, Sad About A Title, Rock Real Estate Broker, da Explorah, Graduate

Post by Ulrik Elristan »

I'd like to point out that =redacted= don't =redacted= if you redact the =redacted=, but it definitely gets in the =redacted= of the learning opportunity of a de-classified AAR :P

That being said, good OP and good reaction on your part. One thing you could have done to make it even harder for them to catch you, is to save some bookmarks while you were warping around celestials, then warp around the bookmarks. As for the wormhole escape, if you landed at 0 on the hole there was nothing the Ishtar could have done to catch you... Assuming it led to HS, but it's =redacted= :P (admittedly, even if it led to low or null, too, you'd have been safe : when landing on the wormhole, just jump through and warp right away, the Ishtar won't be able to catch you !)
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win” - Sun Tzu.

May enter novel-writing mode at any time. Beware of the walls of text !
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

long story short: -= redacted =-
Image ImageImageImageImage
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Don't you guys know? It's an automated system on the Uni forums - if you type your password things everybody knows anyway "intel" that anyone can find out through using a locator agent something that's listed in the corp office list secret and incredibly secure bits of information such as the location of the AMC, the forums automatically replace it with -= redacted =-. Try it!

PS: I have a -= redacted =- to sell you.
*creak*