[AAR] Golden Horde Punishers 08/08/2017

Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

As this was a short notice roam I was surprised with the numbers we had. Great turn out and an especially great turn out for Logi. Having 5 Logi left me feeling really comfortable when it came to looking for fights on gates.

Roam members (23)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont
Altar Kabal
Argonis Loken
Ashley Sokolov
DeanSherman
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonBasuno Ichosira
Endos Falenor
Kael Xanders
Karimiri
Laser Skaron
Luca Goh
Matheus Esp
Peregrinus Zolt
Rider Isleman
SMBEHJ
Tiberius Auduin
Tom Endares
Trillian Ituin
Union Pivo
Yumi Yoshinaka
Z0X Ambrye
Zana Fehrnah
As the fleet was short notice (48hrs) I wanted to keep things simple with a NoP style lowsec roam. I tend to ramble on a little bit when going over the newbro speech so our departure time was slightly later than planned, but we soon made our way out the door and up the pipe to Black Rise.

Scouts reported a possible gate camp at the Oulley gate in Aubenall. We poked our faces in and managed to bag a Hurricane. I was surprised at how quick this guy melted under our blasters.

(18:52:00) Aubenall
Hurricane +82.39m

Making our back towards Black Rise from the Hurricane kill, a Rokh jumped into us in Vlillirier. This caught me a little by surprise and he was able to jump away. We followed thinking he had headed to the Oicx gate, but he'd gone to the Aldranette gate. When we landed on that gate, he appeared to be slightly off the gate so we engaged. In hindsight I'm guessing he warped at range so that he could attempt to smart bomb us as we followed, but by going to Oicx first we avoided that. At no point throughout the fight did the Rohk fight back. Either he was hoping to slow boat to the gate and jump through or he was already too close to the gate at that point to use his smart bombs.

We did lose most of our newbros to gate guns though, probably through a combination of poor fits and late broadcasts meaning our Logi couldn't keep them up in time. Logi did a great job in keeping the Punishers fighting through gate guns though.

(19:01:06) Vlillirier
Rifter -1.8m
Rokh +236.99m
Merlin -0.47m
Griffin -1.27m

At this point we made our way to Ichoriya to get the guys reshipped. In Nennamaila our scouts secured a gank on a Comet.

(19:14:44) Nennamaila
Federation Navy Comet +31.98m

While the guys were reshipping, I kept the fleet on the Ichoriya gate in Akidagi to try and maintain control over it. We had a Golem warp into us looking for a fight which I think most of us were confident that we did not have the DPS to take it, so we noped off to a Citadel and waited for the rest of the guys there. Just as everyone got back to the fleet, Union mentioned a flashy Prophecy on the gate in Nennamaila. We immediate went to the gate to try and get it, only for Union to be jumped on by a kitey gang.

We jumped in, only for the Prophecy to be no where in sight. We danced around a little trying to catch something but we didn't have much luck, until the Prophecy warped back in at range. We swiftly burned over to him and applied a generous helping of antimatter. Obviously, at a time when I wanted to get the fleet off grid and away from the kiting gang, my comms died (standard) as I called scatter. Decklin took control while I restarted mumble about 5 times.

While I was playing with mumble, Tiberius managed to bait the Keres into getting itself killed by gate guns.

(19:30:15) Nennamaila
Atron -4.6m
Griffin -1.16m
Prophecy +80.47m
Keres +92.47m

Only one jump over, scouts reported that a flashy Machariel was about to jump into the fleet. Immediately local lit up with neutrals asking for our support in getting the kill. With friendly maledictions on both side of the gate, this guy was not getting away. He tried to play timer games to get everyone to aggress him on one side of the gate so that he was clear on the other side, but it wasn't working.

After the first time he jumped, I kept the main fleet on one side while sending the vanguard through to try and force him back into us. It wasn't working and he was just sat helplessly on the gate. I then jumped the entire fleet through into the Mach hoping that a local spike would scare him enough into jumping. He still just sat there. Next I switched who was applying DPS by asking the main fleet to attack, and the Vanguard to deaggress ready for when he attempted to jump. When he hit structure, he jumped and the vanguard followed. The main fleet sat out their timers and also followed, by which point the Mach was scrammed and webbed comfortably off the gate.

There was probably something more obvious that I could have done here to try and push the Mach through. Please let me know how you guys would have tackled the situation.

(19:49:18) Hikkoken
Machariel +1237.02m

The remainder of the roam was fairly quiet. We made our way up to Reitsato and scouts popped into Okkamon but it was quiet. We then swung all the way around to Kinakka/Martoh, managing to gank an Algos on our way, but it too was quiet up that way so we headed home, conscious it was getting late for a lot of us, and called it a night.

(20:07:09) Akidagi
Algos +36.48m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,797,786,971.83
ISK Lost: 9,299,736.05
ISK Delta: 1,788,487,235.78
Efficiency: 99.485%

The Good

Logi did a brilliant job of keeping us fighting under gate guns.
While we didn't find any fleet action this week, scouts did a great job of finding us some fun fights.
Disciplined comms and fleet movement by the main fleet.

The Bad

FC didn't check the fits of those alpha pilots who couldn't fly the Punishers. I did mention that Logi wouldn't be able to offer too much help, but I wasn't expecting fits to be half empty. This lead to unnecessary losses to gate guns.
FC comms died at a critical point, yet again. Thanks to Decklin for stepping up immediately and getting people off grid. I've reinstalled mumble a number of times and even bought a new mic, which hasn't helped.

Thanks to everyone who came out to play.

For those taking part in the CCI, this fleet will count as a LSC participation event: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/CCI
For those who lost a ship, don't forget that you can claim a hull back through the Uni SRP: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/SRP#Uni_ ... sements.29
Finally as I am taking part in the FCC, please fill in the FC Feedback Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Cheers
Ashley Sokolov
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Golden Horde Punishers 08/08/2017

Post by Ashley Sokolov »

It was very fun roam, the Malediction catch was lucky but awesome. Personally I don't think you could have done anything to push this guy through the gate, he just decided to wait until his hull.

Regarding the losses, many of the were late broadcast (the Griffin evaporated before I could lock him), and some may had been due to insufficient resist.
Eficiency of logi reps fully depends on the resist.

Example: Let's say logi rep rate is 40hp/s, the DPS of the enemy is 100ehp/s using 100% kinetic, if your resist to explosive is above (1-reps/dps) the logi should be able to sustain you. This gives required resist of 60%. The better fleet's resists the more efficient logi is.

~ AS
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. [...]
~ Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear"
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Sounds like a great roam and good judgement on the Machariel. Looks like you controlled the gate and engagement really well.

Thinking about your mumble issues - do you think bandwidth is the issue? Too many windows etc?

Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

I don't think bandwidth would an issue, but then again I'm not that read into these things. I have a decent internet connection although it is over shared WiFi (averages around 50Mbps download) so I don't know if that could affect anything. It seems to be at times when I'm rambling on for an extended period, such as the newbro speech or fleet fights (both not ideal!). When I'm just playing casually or just an average fleet participant, I don't appear to have any issues or at least they probably go unnoticed.

Open to suggestions from anyone on what the problem could be and how to fix it!
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

I had a fun time flying logi - the Punishers catch reps really well, and fighting on gates gave us something to do. That and going to save Tiberius' Sentinel when he went for tackle.
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:I had a fun time flying logi - the Punishers catch reps really well, and fighting on gates gave us something to do. That and going to save Tiberius' Sentinel when he went for tackle.
That save was tight, man! Had 3 nanites left but kept capping myself out and those drones wouldn't stop biting :) I really begin appreciating TD in frigate fleets.
Trillian Ituin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trillian Ituin »

Feel a little bit guilty that the rest of the fleet didn't get on the Hurricane killmail. Did you have time to lock and fire albeit out of range or could not even do that when the cane popped?
Luca Goh

Post by Luca Goh »

Thanks for the fun, Adrien. It's a kick to watch you move a fleet of Punishers as almost as speedily and aggressively as you did that Combat Interceptor fleet from a few weeks back. :D Nice to get some blingy kills and appreciate your keeping an eye on the big prizes when they're out and about.
Trillian Ituin wrote:Feel a little bit guilty that the rest of the fleet didn't get on the Hurricane killmail. Did you have time to lock and fire albeit out of range or could not even do that when the cane popped?
Don't! Priority is to bring that sucker down. For myself I landed on grid about 25 km arrange IIRC and was burning towards the Cane when it went down. I had a lock, but didn't think of firing for killmail purposes. Personally I don't mind; got my share of notches in the belt and I didn't have to sully y'all's killmail with my zero DPS to do it. :lol: