[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 11AUG 00:30

Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 11AUG 00:30

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Date: 11 AUG 2017
Form-up time: 00:30
Departure time: 01:04
Duration: 2 hours

I don't really know how other FCs remember every fight so clearly. If anyone has any details about the smaller fights that I've missed, let me know.

Yuri found us an Atron in a novice, and died for his trouble. This would become a pattern throughout the night.

Condor -3.74m
Atron +10.89m

Nennamalia was quite busy, and Mike spent a bit of time trying to find us a fight there. I honestly don't remember how this one went down.

Incursus -15.16m

The second time I let Yuri die for doing his job.

Slasher -4.52m
Punisher +8.01m

Since both of our scouts were out reshipping, we talked Pollux into scouting for the first time. I let him die, too, but he got us an Incursus.

Merlin -4.48m
Incursus +8.59m
Capsule +0.01m

This fight was outside of the gate at a plex. There were three of them originally, but one was about 50k off the gate and took off when he saw his buddies getting wailed on. We lost Yuri for the third time, plus one of our vanguard.

Merlin -3.66m
Merlin -5.91m
Dragoon +11.68m
Kestrel +6.01m

A flashy something landed on our gate, and we went to take him out. He got away but then something went pop. "Was that an explosion?" "Who died?" "What happened?" Then we get a simple but effective "wtf" from Calder in chat. :lol: Unless she accidentally targeted the gate, I'm not really sure what happened here.

Atron -7.43m

We were sitting at this gate after trying to fight something else. A Malediction, maybe? But then this Wreathe just lands right in the middle of us. In chat, he said he'd gone to the wrong ping. He reshipped and came back (in what I can't remember), so we took off.

Wreathe +49.65m

If I remember correctly, this was 5 ships hanging out in a medium outpost. I remember an Incursus, a Vexor (or VNI?), a Garmur, and a Coercer. Our hope was that they were fighting and that we'd get to whore on some kills. Well... they were not fighting. We tried to primary the Vexor, I recall, but they all took off and kited the heck out of us. We bounced, but Rose and Eulynn got caught. The Garmur followed us to the next gate and grabbed Moroz.

Executioner -2.16m
Merlin -12.23m
Tormentor -7.24m

This is where I really doubled down on my promise to get everyone killed. There was a Vexor outside the gate of a plex, and we went for he. He was way far off the gate, like 120+, but Mike burned off and got tackle. A few more of us were able to close and start chewing on him. Several people warped off to try to warp back to us, not knowing that wouldn't work in a deadspace pocket. I didn't know either, so learning experience for me. Once people started dying, my decision making and calls started getting... stupid. I really should have called for everyone to warp back to the gate and burn out to us, but I didn't. They ended up getting this guy to 12% hull but not being able to finish him. Really dissatisfying.

Merlin -5.84m
Merlin -3.48m
Incursus -13.37m
Rifter -4.87m
Tristan -8.83m
Merlin -10.46m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 94,830,630.96
ISK Lost: 113,375,994.47
ISK Delta: -18,545,363.51
Efficiency: 45.546%

I definitely have a lot to learn. The Vexor situation was very informative, so I'm grateful that it happened even though it was frustrating as heck. We had 6 scout deaths, I think; I need to work on not sacrificing a scout for every single kill. My call clarity could also use work, and I need to stop saying "all right" every time I key up the mic. Even if it doesn't bug the fleet, it bugs me. ;)

(I could write a book on the things I did wrong and could improve on, but I've got a raging headache. More later.)

Roam members (18) -
Argonis Loken
Atticus Vex
Calder Ormand
DonkeyPunch Udan
Eulynn
Junmei Hucel-Ge
Kontxesi Buchanan (FC)
Mhzentul Lafarius
Mike North (scout)
Moroz Enderas
Philbro Kishunuba
Pollux Terrentius (vanguard/scout)
Poloe
Revlyk
Rose Macabre (vanguard)
Tristle Boirelle
Yuri Levnik (scout/3IC)
Z0X Ambrye (vanguard/2IC)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Yuri Levnik

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 11AUG 00:30

Post by Yuri Levnik »

It was an honor to get exploded on your fleet, FC! I will point out that we "traded up" on my first three deaths, each time killing a ship ~2x the value of my tackle ship. Mmm, cheap suicide tackle... You did an excellent job of getting Vanguard on grid with me in time to hold tackle. If memory serves, I think Mike's Incursus loss was the only time we had a ship kill the 1 scout and warp off before the vanguard got a secondary tackle. Better than usual!

That said, let me check my progress on learning 2 scout...
  • - Finding stuff to shoot: Good job
    - Keep stuff from getting away so we can shoot it: Good job (turning the warp disruptor on *before* I finish locking makes a huge difference!)
    - Overheating when useful: Good job (caught the Vexor with overheated MWD/overheated point as it dropped Mike)
    - Not getting blown up: Bad job
The Punisher that killed my second scout ship is a case where I probably would have survived if I flew smarter. He was fitted with a scram and a 1MN AB. Assuming I could get out of scram range upon landing (likely in my Slasher), I could have kept him at around 18km due to my much higher speed and avoided his scram, plus probably lowered the damage I took from his beams. A MWD Slasher is faster than a MWD Punisher, so if he was MWD fit instead I still could have caught him if he tried to run. Once the vanguard landed, I would have been able to warp off since I would not have been scrammed. Instead, I tackled him with point and scram, got scrammed in return and I could not get out of scram range since he was faster with his AB than I was at base speed for my hull. We got a kill worth 2x my boat's value, but we could have gotten a kill with no loss at all. That's something for me to improve on.

The risk of tackling with point only at 18km, of course, is that I'll lose the target. The Atron we took first had an AB, but I didn't know that. I assumed he had a MWD, which is why I scrammed him. Atrons are ridiculously fast with MWDs, and I probably could not have kept up with him in my Condor if he had tried to run.

Overall, I had a lot of fun. Thanks again for FCing!
Yuri

PS: Special thanks for the reships out of Ichoriya, I ended up buying three Merlins. WTB tackle Atrons!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates 11AUG 00:30

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

I can't even express how grateful I am for your dedication, Yuri. I think I've always left fleet after my second death as scout. :oops: But actually, I think that's before I knew about contracts to speed up reshipping.

My priority for this week will definitely be getting Atron contracts up in Ichoriya and Stacmon. I think Merlins and Tristans were really the only frigates in Ich, yes?

I haven't scouted in over a month, I should probably do it again soon. Maybe I'll scout for Oskar's Fleets 101 practical? I'm pretty sure I was garbage at the tackling part, as I often died.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image