Every day seems to drag-on - The OP Chorogon AAR

Ta'soo

Re: Every day seems to drag-on - The OP Chorogon AAR

Post by Ta'soo »

Great job guys, I'm proud of y'all. Keep it up!
Ulrik Elristan
Title: Ensign, Sad About A Title, Rock Real Estate Broker, da Explorah, Graduate

Post by Ulrik Elristan »

OK so after a long conversation with myself I'd appreciate if people could send me their videoclips of the op. Going to attempt the gathering of video editing skills.
I already have about 24 hours of footage, but most of it is from limited perspectives and comms are often polluted with the plug.dj background... Need to get my OBS setup right before the announced form-up, next time :oops:

If you have videoclips you are willing to share for this, please send me a forum mail.
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win” - Sun Tzu.

May enter novel-writing mode at any time. Beware of the walls of text !
Enfarious Krividus
Title: Freshman

Post by Enfarious Krividus »

I'm not sure which was better now, the op or the AAR :)
Seriously though, that was fun, I look forward to what comes next. Also blowing up things with the geddon I won, or allowing it to be blown up. Which is what I was thinking would happen when our one exit finally collapsed and I remembered that I'd left it w/ a couple jumps through low to come back and whore on POCO kms lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stasia Ohau

Post by Stasia Ohau »

Thanks to all that made this Op a possibility it was an interesting and entertaining experience.

Some of the screenies I took: http://imgur.com/a/8FAxa (mostly in the vein of "Come back here and I'll bite your kneecaps off!")
Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

Post by Conci Furiram »

Spais. As far as the eye can see.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Zaliek wrote:
Mincell Crow wrote:The last thing I remember was heading back to the CHA after reinforcing the third POCO. The AAR says we only reinforced two, did I hallucinate a POCO? After that control tower bash, it's entirely possible.
That was written from the perspective of Titus, he logged before we started #3 which ended up with only 4 caracals whittling down the shields for what seemed like hours.
Thanks for assuming benevolence, but no, I merely remembered incorrectly. Fixed :lol:
*creak*
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Post by LeFleur »

As always, amazing op. I know I said I wouldn't be joining because of the weekdays, but then I did my math and noticed the OP timeline matched the wormhole reinforcement times for a Citadel/engineering complex, and so I decided to join in in the few hours I could pull.

I got authorization from the office to work from home, did my hours but shaved the travelling time, thus being able to connect 5 hours the first two days. It was already fun to be there knowing who we were targeting, but the Unistas are a merry group to hang with and fun was had in coms, and laughs were had in plug.dj.

At the end of the first day I got to once again ancho and unanchor a bubble, and that is what I trained those skills for, to help in ops, so it's great to do it. We had some fun because while I could anchor I was in a Caracal and could not move them.

Doing guard duty is less stressing in a cruiser from afar than in small frigate inside the bubble, so kudos to all those brave warriors that guarded the OP, both tacklers and resebers pulled amazing hours.

On the last day we realized that the fun we already had would pale before what this day would provide. We did bashing, got moved around in orderly fashion, and then we saw preeeety explosions. That Azbel was a Pinata, an amazing amount of things came out of it, reminding us high seccers that there's nothing like asset safety in Wormholes.

We got a very lively auction of ships, some exciting miner battles, the amazing live destruction of a industrial ship, and then as the hours piled up on Friday, we bashed the pocos, following timers like crazy.

And then the cherry on top. On that Friday night I didn't do a 5 hour connection, I did an 8 hours one, and helped a little with the Hauling. The ideas that passed through my mind while hauling around 150 millions in PI material from a Wormhole trhough low sec to hi sec, in a no fits no rigs epithal was epic for me. So epic I did it two more times in the new connection as we finally extracted from the hole. I was not the only sleepy fuzzy mind doing that, Titus had already pulled the same stunt in his orca alt, flying the same epithal.
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Well done, Unistas. Looks like a well-designed and well-executed revenge gig.

Definite +1 to more bashing Oracles once you have grid superiority; a shield fit does 1k+ DPS with conflag, and if any bad guys show up, you just burn toward the anchor and enjoy your 750 scorch DPS out to around 50km. Given the chronic missile range "learning opportunities" that most BLAP missile fleets experience, that range ought to be adequate for tackle screening or even damage on the primary, if your Oracle pilots do some small gang piloting.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Harlan Adoudel

Post by Harlan Adoudel »

I am happy to say that I managed to spend a good 20 hours on this op, staring at a wormhole as nothing jumped through. It sounds like an unending torment, and in some ways it was, but the conversations, jokes, and sense of camaraderie was unparalleled. I'm very proud to have been part of it, and very grateful to Titus for organizing it.
Croixant
Title: Manager (CCI), "The Most Interesting Man In The World", Graduate, Management

Post by Croixant »

Great job everyone!

As a bonus to all that attended the op for at least 2 days, if you want to begin participation or are currently participating on the Cross Campus Initiative this OP will be eligible for the program.

Congrats and cheers!

Croix
o7

Croixant
CCI Coordinator
HyperFlareX

Post by HyperFlareX »

Ah, the requisite WH bash. One of the better Uni traditions :D

Well done to everyone!

Never bash structures in subcaps again
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Thank you for the screen shots. please keep them coming. I will be looking through them tonight and taking the best
Image ImageImageImageImage
Korr'Tanas
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Honorary Member, Director Emeritus, Captain, Alpha Dog, [LTI]

Post by Korr'Tanas »

Nice job everyone! WH evictions are a long standing uni tradition for sure.
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

For my part i found this to be extremely boring. Joining for the experience i now know what camping a hole for 2-3 days straight entails and i doubt i'll force that upon myself again anytime soon.

Nonetheless upper command planned/executed this very well, congrats to the people involved in that !
signature.
Barrett Chanlin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Barrett Chanlin »

Thanks FC for an awesome experience! Unfortunately work caused me to miss the really cool fireworks, but I still got to blow some stuff up(got my 1st structure killmail).

My injection into this story started after placing the two larger structures into reinforcement with 25 jump to the wormhole to watch it close after the 1st three ships made it through. After 2 hours in travel fleet and 50+ jumps and finally experiencing warp shut down due to no capacitor(crazy long warps in there), I arrived. Time to kill some stuff right...oh...nothing to kill? Ok SOMETHING will try to escape or kill us, I'll help guard L1...zzz? Crap fell asleep, oh well I'll try again tomorrow. Work switched shift...crap. Missed getting in on final push for two large structures. Get on to help kill POCOs, at least I got to fire my heavy missiles I took 2 weeks to train into!

Look forward to future OPs and thanks to FC, intel providers, logi, and everyone who participated! It was a BLAST!

Barrett Chanlin
Image Image Image Image
Image Image