[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.07.11

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.07.11

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.07.04):
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Alyssyen Annages
Atticus Vex
Barrett Chanlin – Vanguard
Croz Mastecham – Skirmish Scout
Gerrath Sabrinn – Vanguard, Skirmish Scout
Glen Burney
Lucius Septimus Severus – 3IC
Mike North
Reise Amatin
Rick Banning – Vanguard
Rider Isleman – Skirmish Scout
Trevor Grambling – Logi
Wheat Fields
Wokum
Yuri Levnik – Logi
Z0X Ambrye – 2IC

OBSERVATIONS
A few of our fleet members had run-ins with Megoste prior to the fleet, and he was hanging around in Ost still with a few corp mates. We pounced on one of his corp mates in a flashy Thorax on the Dastryns gate, and there was nothing Megoste and his other corp mate could do but watch (unless they wanted to take gate guns, which they didn't). Logi was fantastic, and helped everyone get through the fight relatively unscathed.

(01:48:45) Ostingele
Thorax +35.73m

Things were quiet until we got into Black Rise, where we found a Thrasher that we blobbed all over.

(02:37:49) Aivonen
Thrasher +2.75m
Capsule +0.01m

Akidagi brought us a great fight outside a Medium outpost, where we found a Fed Navy Comet. He was super fast, and managed to pull range and was up to 400 km from the acceleration gate at the end. Most of us couldn't keep up, and I called a retreat back to the gate. During the fall back,
Rider lost internet connection and was killed, leaving his DCd pod hanging in space. A few people stayed behind to watch over the pod, and Glen was able to catch the FNC and bring him down. Really excellent fight. With Croz out to reship and Rider having DC issues we needed a new scout. For the 3rd fleet in a row I managed to "convince" a newbro to fly scout having never done it before. Excellent job Gerrath!

(03:04:26) Akidagi
Tristan -6.11m
Slasher -1.35m
Atron -5.43m
Federation Navy Comet +36.32m

After a short break in Ichoriya we headed to Nen and found an Incursus in a plex that we blobbed. Logi again was able to keep everyone on field.

(03:27:25) Nennamaila
Incursus +15.45m

On our way to Hik we found a flashy Vexor on the gate in Nen, who waited a few seconds after we arrived before jumping through. Enticing us to follow? Yep. Possible trap, yep, although I wasn't thinking that at the time. We jumped into Hik and just as the Vexor decloaked 2 Cynabals arrived, followed by a Gnosis. If I had been smart I would have scattered us. I wasn't smart :D And to add insult to injury, the Vexor was hull-tanked, which just made it look like we were going to take it out. Lots of explosions, lots of sorrow, and our 2IC had to fly everyone home.

(03:34:57) Hikkoken
Bantam -3.32m
Bantam -6.49m
Tristan -1.3m
Tristan -3.64m
Tristan -11.58m
Tristan -6.11m
Atron -5.43m
Capsule -17.76m
Slasher -3.37m
Executioner -6.08m
Tristan -3.79m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 90,254,543.15
ISK Lost: 81,762,899.07
ISK Delta: 8,491,644.08
Efficiency: 52.468%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
Logi was absolutely fantastic. We would have had three additional losses if not for reps. The performance of the fleet was great, everyone did a very good job with listening to commands, holding gate cloak, etc. Scouts also did a great job. My only regret with this fleet is that I let myself get baited into taking the Vexor fight. But, we learn best from our mistakes, and next time out I won't be so eager to just jump in, but rather give myself a few extra seconds to analyze the situation. I handled the fight with Megoste at the beginning of the fleet well, which was a similar situation.

Review/Attainment of Actionable Goals:
  • Decision Making - Check MINUS. Don't let yourself get suckered into making poor decisions.
  • Command Chatter - Check. Not bad. Still room to improve on the little things (collapsing on gate, calling for MWD use, etc.)
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Xana McBash

Re: [AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.07.11

Post by Xana McBash »

Reise Amatin wrote:Logi was absolutely fantastic.
Business as usual, logibros in the uni are outperforming everyone else in our roams. They make us look bad :c
You won't get in any killmails (unless lol light drones), but you'll be in our <3's
Reise Amatin wrote:My only regret with this fleet is that I let myself get baited into taking the Vexor fight.
I rarely FC, but more than once I've found myself taking fights with extremely bad odds stacked against us, just because I felt I owed content to my fleetlings :|
You have to balance "never not take the bait" and fleet safety. Even if you are extremely content-starved, always double check a particular situation.
Barrett Chanlin
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.07.11

Post by Barrett Chanlin »

Keep up the good work, if we didn't learn something each time we went out...we wouldn't do it...because it would be boring!

Barrett Chanlin
Image Image Image Image
Image Image