[Event AAR] Wild Velator Hunt @ 09.07.2017

JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

[Event AAR] Wild Velator Hunt @ 09.07.2017

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

My Wild Velator Hunt managed to attract 5 people, being:
I had placed 5 Ibises in each system within one jump of Luse (except Clellion, too much corvettespam on D as it's a starter system). So a total of 20 ships.

Unlike announced on the forum post i didnt go with my initial idea of having a can near the ships where you grab smt, but instead went with the "Destroy the ship" suggestion (thx for that btw, it greatly reduced my preparations and also made things easier during the event.)

20 Ibises were killed after only ~30 minutes even with only 5 participants. Guess i need to place even more ships next time ;)

Only once did a kill get contestet, between Arashi and Rider. But Arashi got the last hit.

Scores:
  • Eddie Dante wins with 7 kills. He wins a sisters expanded probe launcher and 8 sisters combat probes.
  • 2nd place goes to Muzzy Chuck with 6. He wins a T2 expanded launcher and 8 sisters combat probes.
  • 3rd place is Rider Isleman with 4. He wins 8 sisters combat probes.

I think it was a success ! Prizes have been contracted in Amy.

o/
signature.
Eddie Dante

Re: [Event AAR] Wild Velator Hunt @ 09.07.2017

Post by Eddie Dante »

Fun event, nice break from the usual combat fleet. Surprising amounts of adrenaline due to the whole 'who is fastest' thing!

Found it especially usefull to narrow possible locations down with dscan. Had at least 2 ibisses close enough to me so i could just put the probes on top of me with 0.5au for a direct warpin.

For future reference, instead of the recommended megathron ( :lol: ) i used a cheap Probe, with
Gravity Capacitor rigs,
expanded launcher and probes
Scan Pinpointing Array
Scan Rangefinding Array
MWD (handy for reapproaching gates)
inertia modifiers, for quick moving around
co processor (cpu upgrade)
t2 drones
Muzzy Chuck
Title: Sophomore

Re: [Event AAR] Wild Velator Hunt @ 09.07.2017

Post by Muzzy Chuck »

Yeah, it was a clever event and well-executed. I stupidly went to a system which looked on Dotlan like it was connected to the target system but wasn't, which I reckon lost me the top spot, but the best man won!
I'll be at the next one for sure - top prizes :D

Thanks for organising, JP(n)S :)