[AAR] Solitude Sunday Funday (July 9 14:00)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Sunday Funday (July 9 14:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Sunday was indeed a funday, although we didn't quite get that PVP kill.

Fleet participants as follows:
Spoiler
Yuri Levnik (DD, FC)
Ishaan Aldent (Algos, 2IC)
Alf Saissore (Scout)
Ann'Dra Padecain (Bantam, logi wing)
Symeon Severasse (DD Tristan)
Trillian Ituin (DD Tristan)
Henandez (DD Tristan)
We flew out towards Aridia in hopes of some fights we could take. There were plenty of Stratios and Tengus and Gnosis, but nothing really in our size category. We ran into trouble again in Hier - our scout got tackled and popped by a very on-point LSH gate camp.
Hier 14:46 Ares -29.5MN

He reshipped to a Tristan in Bazadod, where I have staged some reships. We roamed briefly into Syndicate null, but there was nobody there. We took a clone trooper in Faurulle for some good sec status and a 0.1 tag.

About this time a Caveman gang contacted me. They had been chasing us earlier. I proposed we meet up for a fight. They had to downship significantly to meet us, which they graciously agreed to do. We set the rumble for Elore at the sun.

We warped in and found a gang of Merlin (FC), Enyo and RLML Caracal. I called the Merlin as primary, hoping for an easy kill (sorry for the unsporting primary call on opposing FC, really wanted to blow something up). The Merlin pulled range while the Enyo closed, so I called a primary switch to the Enyo. At this point our logi was already down and we were losing Tristans. I got blown up, but invited the rest of the fleet to stay on grid for as long as they were able. They reported that they took the Enyo halfway to structure before he warped off and our fleet scattered, so we got very close to a nice kill. We had three losses:
Elore 15:45 Bantam -2.7MN
Elore 15:46 Tristan -4.3MN
Elore 15:47 Tristan -1.9MN

Obviously it would have been nice to get a kill, but the fight was a lot of fun regardless. Many thanks to the Cavemen for downshipping to fight us.

Following the brawl we headed back to Gravity Well. We were at 2 hours, so a couple pilots headed out while the rest of us reshipped and hunted clone troopers in the Sarline pocket. We got one trooper and an NPC battleship before calling it a wrap.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 38.4MN
ISK Delta: -38.4MN
Efficiency: 0%

What we did well:
Fleet comms were good and we kept together after the first couple of systems.
We avoided a number of big scary ships that wanted to blow us up. Good job keeping up, everyone.
Alf did some great scouting and found a nice clone trooper kill for us. Ishaan did a nice job as second in command, thanks!
Even though we "lost" the fight with the Cavemen, I'm very glad we could set it up. It was a rush and a great experience for everyone, I think. We'll be more ready next time (;
Staging reships in Bazadod was a smart move - that allowed our scout to get back into fleet faster after that sneaky gate camp got him.
Fleet was security status positive.

What I could do better:
I have basically no experience FCing fleet on fleet combat, so I had a hard time anchoring, calling targets and keeping track of the fleet all at the same time. I think we did OK considering, but I should at least have kept primary on the Merlin as I think we had a chance to get him. Interested to hear the rest of the fleet's perspective on the fight, as well as observations from our opponents.
I did get slowed up by trying to do too many things at once. At one point I was arranging the Cavemen fight, directing the scout, helping the fleet avoid a Russian ganker and trying to decide our next course of action. I think I could have assigned at least one of those tasks to my 2IC to help me keep it together. We could have spent less time sitting on gates if I wasn't doing so much.

Overall, I had fun, though I still want to get us some kills. Thanks to everyone who came out!
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Ann'Dra Padecain
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Solitude Sunday Funday (July 9 14:00)

Post by Ann'Dra Padecain »

Hi,

yes, the outing was good fun.

My first time as logi did not go as planned. I was still looking to see who needs reps when I was ejected... :)

Will have to try again.

Ann'Dra
Yuri Levnik

Re: [AAR] Solitude Sunday Funday (July 9 14:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

It was you who needed reps! (; (; (;

Welcome to the joys of logistics - unless there are ECM pilots in fleet, you get to be primary. Since we only had one logi pilot, there were no reps for you either. Very sad. The rest of us appreciate your bravery and sacrifice!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher