[AAR] NSC Gate Camping/Roam

Mongo the Mechanic

[AAR] NSC Gate Camping/Roam

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

We started out by having Arrek saying we should go out and cause some havoc. So the plan was to go down to Y9G- then make our way up to 6-C, MHC- and back home.

The only action on the roam was catching a vexor in Y9G- which I beilieve Oh'Leeador got initial tackle on. We burned it down and the rest of the roam was uneventful.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/63383243/

When we got back to PC9- Arrek suggested that we set up a catch bubble camp on the PC9- gate. We hung out for a while with a neutral covert ops frigate in system that we surmised had eyes on us. Eventually his buddies warped caracals and osprey to the bubble from the M2- gate and we engaged in battle. I called a caracal primary, but he was catching reps so we switched to a caracal and were able to break him. We then went for another osprey and killed his ship too. This is when I noticed that there were now bombers on grid that had cyno' in(fifth cyno for me in two days). At this point the BCs were taking heavy damage and those that could escaped while those that couldn't tried to kill more ships.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003285/201707082000/

What went well: We had a roam with good discipline and we set up a nice bubble camp. Arrek' bubble placement was spot on. Everyone said that they had a good time and were happy to DO something other than station spin.

What didn't go so well: the FC didn't notice the bombers on grid until too late. If I had noticed them earlier we could have locked more of them up and had our drones harass them and possibly drive some off. Target calling needs to be better, be more decisive.

As always comments are very welcome.
Arrek Lemmont
Title: Graduate

Re: [AAR] NSC Gate Camping/Roam

Post by Arrek Lemmont »

I didn't realise we'd been dropped on so much. Thanks so much for organising it. Personally, I made a couple of minor mistakes and did a thing which mayn't have helped us. Main thing was forgetting to switch to heavy drones when we had a primary scrammed and webbed down. I believe I was one of the early primaries in the fight. If I'd taken a minute to restock on Exile my tank would have held up better. I did a bit of back-seat driving, trying to encourage people to unload on the Osprey I had tackled.

All in all good use of our time.
Former NSC Ship Supply Officer / Combat Officer / Mentor
Mongo the Mechanic

Re: [AAR] NSC Gate Camping/Roam

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

We knew they had logi, so I first tried to primary one of the caracals to see how it held up. We then switched to an osprey that went down pretty fast. We may have been too far away from the first primary to get full damage...I don't know, but when we went back to (the first primary) it also buckled. After that our BC backbone just crumbled and we were kind of finished unfortunately. Those bombers were doing a number on us. I don't think drugs would have made that much of a difference with that much incoming DPS.