[Fleet AAR] Might Moas! (Rails) 7/7/17 @ 21:30

SketchyManDan Williams

[Fleet AAR] Might Moas! (Rails) 7/7/17 @ 21:30

Post by SketchyManDan Williams »

Cheers everyone who came on the roam! it was a bit quiet that night, and we only came away with a single kill... but hey, you can't win them all!

We began forming and 21:30 and left Stacmon around 22:00. The Moa fits were kind of experimental for me as I don't really like to not have an MWD attached and I also didn't give the Majority of the DD ships any kind of point or web, and instead gave it to only the scouts and Vanguard while letting the main DD go full tank.
I was hoping to find another fleet out tonight that we could take on, and while we did pass over the usual lone targets tonight, we didn't come across the fight I was hoping for...

FC: SketchyManDan Williams
Initial 2nd FC: Ra'zok Zateki
Secondary 2nd FC: Donkeypunch Udan
Scouts: Rider Isleman Troven Smalvard
Vanguard: DonkeyPunch Udan Budda Sereda Z0X Ambrye
Logi: Eddie Dante Union Pivo Axuptor Galhaari
Support: Budda Sereda Decklin Quark Reiger

Roam members (23)
Spoiler
Alf Saissore
Altar Kabal
Axuptor Galhaari
Budda Sereda
Decklin Quark Reiger
DonkeyPunch Udan
Dredd Valentine
Eddie Dante
Floki Askold
Kelon Darklight
Kirsi Isrik
Oh' Leeador
Questlove
Ra'zok Zateki
Rebulah Conundrum
Rezda Nardieu
Rider Isleman
Seerah Lindrake
SketchyManDan Williams
Tom Endares
Troven Smalvard
Union Pivo
Z0X Ambrye

After leaving Stac a Vexor was spotted a few times. After ignoring him for a few times, he kept appearing so we decided to take him out before moving on!
(22:14:36) Agoze
Vexor +47.7m

Before heading to Nen, we had a quick look in Aub and Oul, and found a gate camp waiting. I wasn't too sure about taking this fight as the scouts reported seeing them ping around the gate, so they had a nice collections of bookmarks around while we had none. On top of this, there was a citadel on the other side which appeared to have more hostiles in. If I had some pings around this gate I would've taken this fight, but with us being so slow, I didn't want to risk them just pinging around the gate and quickly taking us out

Our scouts found a nice VNI sitting in a large, grabbed tackle, and wen't for it. As the main fleet arrived, the enemies had already moved from the beacon, and our warp in took quite a while. While were able to get some damage onto the VNI since we had the range, they had a Falcon drop by to quickly stop our tackle and allow the VNI to escape and then quickly dispatching our scouts...
(22:40:07) Nennamaila
Stiletto -41.95m
Stiletto -33.16m
Griffin -6.52m

Somewhere in the loop around black rise we spotted a Myrmidon, while this would've been a cool kill to have, they had brought in Falcons again to stop our tackle, and for this fight i had immediately brought the whole fleet in as the plex was only 2 AU from the in gate, and while I did bring the fleet out of the system for a little bit to see if they would come back, along with sending the Vanguard as some bait, they didn't return :(. This fight came away with no losses thought as the Logi managed somehow to land some reps just in time! Go logi!

There was another fleet starting soon and we had a quite a few members drop fleet here, so we began to make our way back to Stac, with the gang we had left

Just before our last jump home, there was another gate camp in Ost. I hate these gate camps and since we hadn't really gotten to test the fits out yet, we just took them head on. We still had both scouts, 7DD, and 2 Logi, so we could give this fight a decent shot, but we couldn't hold anything down. We came away with only losses here, no matter what we tried, people were able to burn well out of our range, so we left this fight and heading back for the next fleet
(23:49:09) Ostingele
Malediction -47.13m
Griffin -6.14m
Osprey -22.63m
Osprey -19m
Stiletto -33.42m
Thorax -20.87m
Moa -24.72m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 47,698,258.23
ISK Lost: 255,543,933.26
ISK Delta: -207,845,675.03
Efficiency: 15.729%

I think my main problem was the lack of fast tankier tackle. I had tried to fit 2 of the Moas with a little tackle to take over the for the scouts, but each time we land on the beacon they had managed to burn away enough that it was tricky for the heavier tackle to make it in and take over. Still haven't got the hang of these cruiser fleets yet :).