[AAR] Solitude Clones Kill Clones (July 6 02:00)

Yuri Levnik

[AAR] Solitude Clones Kill Clones (July 6 02:00)

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Well, this one didn't go exactly as planned, but we did learn some things...

We formed up in Boystin, but only two of my fellow Solidudes ended up being available. I had been in touch with the folks over at NSC and they had eyes on a gate camp and some other targets, so instead of clone hunting I decided we would go over and join then to bolster our numbers and hopefully get some kills.

We departed Boystin at 02:15 with a very, very small fleet:
Spoiler
Yuri Levnik (FC, Vexor)
Sioban Mernher ("Scout", Vexor)
Zaliek (The Chosen One, Vexor)
We had several more pilots lined up in PC9-AY to build a real fleet. Unfortunately, the gate camp the NSC folks were watching had moved to Y9G-KS. I had voluntold Sioban to scout in a Vexor since we were all in Vexors, and we found out why scouting in a slow boat with terrible align time is a bad idea:
Vexor -16.5MN
Pod -10k

Somehow Zaliek, The Chosen One, made it past the gate camp and eventually over to PC9-AY. Sioban got podded back to Amygnon and came down to PC9-AY in a shuttle. I decided to try to run the gate camp in my Vexor. Again, not a ship that is built to run *anything*:
Vexor -19.7MN

Sioban and I eventually made it to PC9-AY and reshipped. I turned over FC to Jaha Preynar as I'm not all that familiar with the space around the NSC. There may well be a separate AAR for our larger fleet, stay tuned.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 36.2MN
ISK Delta: -36.2MN
Efficiency: 0%

What went well:
Zaliek didn't die, so only 2/3 casualties.
We definitely found content. Or, perhaps more accurately, content found us.
SRP!

What I could have done better:
I definitely should have switched someone to a scout ship and had them reship to a Vexor at PC9-AY once we got there. Vexors are not suited to scouting!
I should also have waited out that gate camp rather than trying to run it. I don't have the Zaliek aura of invincibility (;

This was not the most encouraging "fleet", but many thanks to the pilots who came out from Solitude and the folks who joined us for the larger fleet out of PC9-AY.

See y'all in space,
Yuri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Sioban Mernher

Re: [AAR] Solitude Clones Kill Clones (July 6 02:00)

Post by Sioban Mernher »

Hey Yuri,

didn't we learn all ! I agree with what you wrote, next time I'll take a scout frig. And a gang of 3 to nsec clearly requires some preparation too ! Still I think it was a great (!) learning experience.

As this was my 1st in a scout attempt, I did learn a few more things,

1- there was only 1 other party in Y9G when I jumped in, so I felt relatively safe. This was not taking into account that it could be a tackling scout. What I could have done better is to fly around the solar system in order to ID said party.

2. When the Scythe landed on gate, I had no idea what kind of ship it was. (now I do ;-0 ). I did call to fleet I was being pointed, but I did not report the ship type . Cleary this would have helped you make better choices.

3. I'm still having some problems with warping away in my pod under pressure. I need more practice ! Their podding me was clearly because of my fumbling with the overview...

I also greatly appreciated the guys from NSC jumping in and taking us under there wing 'impromptu'. It allowed us to keep flying. Thanks guys !
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

I turned over FC to Jaha Preynar as I'm not all that familiar with the space around the NSC.
I can't say this is big enough reason to turn the FC over: nul sec is nul sec. You probably don't know typical gank places in another area, but that should not stop you from FCing. You probably don't have tactical BMs everywhere, but is not a sound reason either.
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Fair enough. Perhaps a little more honestly, I had only been on one fleet in null sec prior to last night's, so I'm not very comfortable with null sec fleet PVP mechanics. I figured we'd be better off with an FC who had more experience with null sec fleet PVP. I'd like to get on a few more null sec PVP fleets as a member before I lead them myself.

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Jaha Preynar
Title: Graduate

Post by Jaha Preynar »

Well that being said I think its great that you were creating content for your team, enthusiasm and a desire to learn are good starting points for an FC and from what I could tell you would be a good leader... especially since taking the initiative to get a group together and planning to go out takes a fair chunk of steel-y nerves to begin with... as well... taking your roam out of low and into null is a whole different game to begin with.

NSC is always eager to roam, melt faces and draw salt... so we were stoked to join up!!! Its REALLY unfortunate that despite scouting on your way down.. .you ran into Surgihole and they were in BIG ships... you guys were hopelessly squished the minute they caught your scent.

glad you could reship at NSC and we could head out again... i hope you will come fly with us at nsc again!!
Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image
Jaha Preynar
Title: Graduate

Post by Jaha Preynar »

Roam members (25) - NOTE: This section is NOT usually included in AARs.
Amber Charante
Benson Brown
Budda Sereda
Derek Jalarr
Dj UNOHOO
Factault Pissant
Gooddaytodie
Ishaan Aldent
Jaha Preynar
Kardessi Amilupar
Krios Sertan
Marius Wren
Mike shlecton
Nomen Aiur
Nunnery Michigan
Omnicious Shardani
Prime Lancelot
Reichat Oughto
Rohan Amadeus
Shesocold Arkaral
Sioban Mernher
Trevor Grambling
Vorax Yotosala
Yuri Levnik
Zaliek

Kills and Losses
(02:20:26) Y9G-KS, 97X-CH
Vexor -16.52m
Capsule -0.01m
Vexor -19.76m

(03:30:03) X-PYH5
Svipul -57.32m

(03:46:09) X-M2LR
Stiletto -32.78m

(04:20:05) Aubenall
Vexor -27.16m

(04:51:26) O-ZXUV
Exequror -32.93m

(05:21:33) PC9-AY
Vexor +34.5m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 34,509,802.75
ISK Lost: 186,487,826.93
ISK Delta: -151,978,024.18
Efficiency: 15.615%
Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Yuri Levnik wrote:Fair enough. Perhaps a little more honestly, I had only been on one fleet in null sec prior to last night's, so I'm not very comfortable with null sec fleet PVP mechanics. I figured we'd be better off with an FC who had more experience with null sec fleet PVP. I'd like to get on a few more null sec PVP fleets as a member before I lead them myself.
In this case I would still advise differently: announce in fleet that you don't have much experience, but would like to learn and if somebody can support and advise in hard moments that would work well as well.
Its REALLY unfortunate that despite scouting on your way down.. .you ran into Surgihole and they were in BIG ships... you guys were hopelessly squished the minute they caught your scent.
The biggest irony, that I warped to that system with gate camp literally 1 second before FC commanded 'warp' and when I screamed "don't warp, it's a trap" I got answer "too late" :)

This fleet I was playing role of a scout in nul-sec which was new for me. Few things I want to notice in regards of that:

1. To be a tackling scout you do need to know well PvP aspects of game: going for tackle you need to have plan on how you are going to survive. And execute it well. I was flying Stiletto, and needed to tackle a Svipul. I jumped through the gate, Svipul was 14km from me. My intention was to stay at range to him, and orbit at approximately 22-26 km keep him tackled and alive.
But instead of pulling range, I started my actions by tackling him, that allowed Svipul to close the distance, scram me, and web. Clearly, he killed myself before fleet arrived.

2. The funny part is I also had alt character in scouting Venture :) It was just funny to use it for scouting, but also helpful: with 5AU speed, high agility it was quite useful for cruisers fleet.
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Thanks for the encouragement Budda! I think maybe I just need to be a little braver (;
NSC is always eager to roam, melt faces and draw salt...
We'll be back again for sure! Y'all are just 6 short jumps away and I'd love to fly more fleets in null sec.