15 minute fleet: the aftermath

Adoulin ap Io

15 minute fleet: the aftermath

Post by Adoulin ap Io »

After the 15 minute Magic Merlin MicroCruise, I took over from Ace and we continued on to Nennamaila, getting into several pretty excellent scraps with a couple of small gangs and some of our old IKR WTs! With help from my excellent scouts (and some more experienced fleetmates) It was a fun and occasionally stressful first adventure in charge of a fleet.

[Fleet following on from Ace Fear's Magic Merlin Supercruise aka. 15 Minute Fleet. See Ace Fear's AAR for that combat log]

Roam members
Spoiler
FC
Adoulin ap Io

Scouts
Harlan Adoudel
Sone Eto

Vanguard
Beavis Alland
Barrett Chanlin

Logi
Tiberius NoVegas
Budda Sereda

DD
Calder Ormand
Copeslayer
Floaty Point
Jiggly Tofu
Kirsi Isrik
Phaethonx Brutor
Rasterous
Tsuwen Sun
Vors Voorhorian
haily sommenmier
Once Ace handed over command, we took a few moments to re-ship and repair from the previous fight. Scouts scouted WAY ahead while they waited for us, gathering excellent intel.

After we undocked from Stacmon, we headed out back towards Nennemaila. We found our first fight in Agoze, where we trapped a Curse. We tackled and starting dealing damage, but were surprised by a 3rd party fleet that I believe were already chasing the Curse. Three carriers (Thanatos and two Archons) dropped on top of us and I called scatter. We woulda got that curse if it wasn't for those pesky kids. We lost our brave tackles, but otherwise came out unscathed.

(04:08:56) Agoze
Merlin -0.85m
Merlin -6.51m
Curse +624.51m

Some of our old IKR WT buddies noticed us taking the Curse down, and set up a gate camp to prevent us from heading up to Frarie. Some excellent scouting (and use of safes) kept us out of trouble. I attempted to take the fleet the long route through Annancale and Brarel in the hope that they would get bored and leave, but they remained blocking our out gate. We changed our destination to Melmaniel.

In Mel, we caught a Thrasher (at a combat site? Can't remember). I sent it the scouts and the vanguard, who successfully tackled. We left unscathed with a little bit of loot!

(04:31:58) Melmaniel
Thrasher +12.98m

After heading back to our safe in Mel, we scanned down a Talos who had landed at the same plex we just left. Our scouts popped back in to grab tackle and we took down the Talos, giving Calder Ormand his first killboard kill! Nice first kill, man!

(04:38:52) Melmaniel
Slasher -9.78m
Merlin -1.27m
Talos +92.44m

Budda joined our fleet at this point, bringing a Logi Bantam and some sage wisdom.

Back at the same safe, we spotted a Drake at a large site. However, we had lost a couple of ships and had burned our guns to a crisp taking down the Talos. We stopped off to reship/repair, but the Drake had vanished in the meantime.

Setting the destination back to Nennemalia, we found a Gnosis and an Arbitrator on the Heydieles gate in Indregulle. I had my scouts in Hey, and aggressed the Gnosis hoping that he'd jump through into my scouts. My error here was that I should have asked the only the vanguard to aggress, and the preceeding weapons times meant the most of the fleet couldn't follow the gnosis once it jumped through. We lost a Merlin before heading back to the safe and re-grouping with the scouts.

(04:56:51) Indregulle
Merlin -4.85m
Capsule -0.01m

In Pyn we popped a solo Tristan who jumped on top of a scout and aggressed. Fleet jumped in and we took his semi-shiny capsule.

(05:16:57) Pynekastoh
Tristan +7.29m
Capsule +37.64m

Arriving in Nennamaila, our scouts found the Gnosis and Arbitrator we'd been hunting earlier in a plex. The scouts and vanguard were able to get tackle, but it was a trap. A phantasm, INS, Broadsword, Sentinal and a few other things appeared on the acceleration gate and we lost 1 logi and a couple of Merlins while we scattered.

(05:30:31) Nennamaila
Merlin -6.43m
Burst -6.71m
Merlin -6.33m

We docked up and decided to head back after being in space for three hours. I had to drop fleet due to it being super-late, and Z0X drove the fleet back to Stacmon.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 774,854,942.1
ISK Lost: 42,731,209.01
ISK Delta: 732,123,733.09
Efficiency: 94.773%
(77.868% without Curse, but that was our kill gosh darn it!)

Learning Outcomes
1. Volunteer to be 2IC, I probably wouldn't have offered to run a fleet any time soon if it hadn't just *happened* to me
2. When I wasn't sure where to go or what to do, I asked for advice
3. I need to be a little better at determining whether to stay and fight or to scatter when we start losing ships. We could have gotten better kill numbers on this roam if I hadn't been too risk-averse
4. I forgot about weapons timers blocking gates. This allowed the Gnosis and the Arbitrator to get away from us the first time

If I got any of this wrong (likely) please add things to the comments and I'll update the report. I don't have a FCC feedback form (because I'm not in the FCC) but feel free to leave me feedback in the comments.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: 15 minute fleet: the aftermath

Post by Budda Sereda »

2nd fleet in two days been pushed into FC :) Great start Adolin!
Vors Voorhorian
Title: Freshman

Post by Vors Voorhorian »

Adoulin ap Io,

Thanks very much for keeping the roam going. This was a lot of fun, with good action. I enjoyed your FCing style, coms were great. Sone and Harlan did a great job scouting with super clear reporting. I look forward to your future fleets...accidental or not.
Cheers
Vors
Truely Canadian

Post by Truely Canadian »

Curse is fleet FC, FC goes to attract eve uni fleet. Cloaky proteus appears and Cyno goes up. Carriers headshot FC. Rest of fleet pissing ourselves laughing.
10/10 would get hotdropped by some of the FC's old friends again.
Adoulin ap Io

Post by Adoulin ap Io »

This is excellent.
Barrett Chanlin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Barrett Chanlin »

Some people are just meant to lead...good recovery! Had a great time.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image