[AAR] NSC Thoraxes 28/06/2017

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] NSC Thoraxes 28/06/2017

Post by Budda Sereda »

After watching the video I have another question to Adrien: in the beginning of the fight you warped fleet between different location. I guess that were BMs created by ceptors while you waited for opponents to form-up? Or you had BMs in that system already?
How many BMs did you have in total?
Rohan Amadeus
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Rohan Amadeus »

Thanks Adrien and thanks Breeze for FCing and getting this all set up respectively. Those kills before Horde were quite tasty.

Regarding the discussion about AB and MWD's in comms at the end for logi:

While I do agree with people discussing this that it is do-able to manage both props while giving yourself cap when you're low, I believe it's an unnecessary thing to have to manage when you're in battle. Especially when switching one of the props out for a medium pep AC battery got me cap stable. I think part of the difficulty in the battle as logi (for me at least), which I'm sure part of it has to do with my own skill at flying logi, was having to manage my cap which kept running out so I couldn't keep up with the list of people that were broadcasting for reps. So adding cap management on top of it all was not, in my view, something that logi should have to spend a large amount of time on.

Part of that issue was also Horde not focusing in the beginning so we were repping all over the place and running out of cap fast especially with AB's on to mitigate damage which in turn drained our cap even quicker.

I know that for myself, I need to get better at managing the list of people that were broadcasting and to just stop repping people that I don't see taking damage anymore even if they still have damaged armor, but since this was my first time having to worry about my cap, I think I was just focused on repping until I didn't see red in armor anymore which is def not the way to go about it.

Although once Horde started focusing, we were repping a bit better, but ultimately couldn't keep up due to lack of cap vs their escalating firepower. It also didn't help that they were neuting a few of the logi players. So something to consider in the future is to focus the firepower on people neuting out the logi players so that the fleet has greater longevity. I know that a few logi players were definitely calling out being neuted and were neuted all the way to the end by the Domi Navy Issue, which was sitting still.

Clearly all from a logi perspective on fleets, and there are other things to consider, but this is why I'm not an FC. :D

Overall, it was a great learning experience for me and I had quite a bit of fun. Personally, it's always fun playing the keep up game and I take great pleasure knowing that our logi's are frustrating the enemies when they can't take down a person and has to switch targets. :twisted:
FrankTT2
Title: Sophomore

Post by FrankTT2 »

Adrien, Thanks for the fleet . I learned a lot. The video from Horde was also very educational.
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Budda Sereda wrote:After watching the video I have another question to Adrien: in the beginning of the fight you warped fleet between different location. I guess that were BMs created by ceptors while you waited for opponents to form-up? Or you had BMs in that system already?
How many BMs did you have in total?
Yeah, when we first landed on the gate getting Scouts to burn us bookmarks was a priority. We only had pings 3 in total. When it came to warping on to their fleet though, I was using the scouts as a mobile warp in (warp to scout at 100km so that we'd hopefully land as close to zero as possible on their fleet).
Adrien Claremont
Title: Campus Manager (NSC), FCC Staff, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Adrien Claremont »

Rohan Amadeus wrote:...While I do agree with people discussing this that it is do-able to manage both props while giving yourself cap when you're low, I believe it's an unnecessary thing to have to manage when you're in battle. Especially when switching one of the props out for a medium pep AC battery got me cap stable. I think part of the difficulty in the battle as logi (for me at least), which I'm sure part of it has to do with my own skill at flying logi, was having to manage my cap which kept running out so I couldn't keep up with the list of people that were broadcasting for reps. So adding cap management on top of it all was not, in my view, something that logi should have to spend a large amount of time on...
With out any prop mods on (which I believe is the way we should be flying for the majority of the fight) Logi should be cap stable with all three reppers on and the already existing cap battery. MWDs should only be used in bursts to position and the AB should only be turned on if red boxed, and obviously turned off again if they switch targets off you. That's how I understand things.

I think we need more practice with the doctrine before we start to change fittings to accommodate problems, as it's likely in our own skills that the issue lays, and not in the fitting. Potentially downgrade from scoped to enduring reps if your skills are poor, but I wouldn't go any further at this stage. One point that has been raised is to go over in depth how to manage your duel props as part of the form up speech, and that's something I'll try to do in the future.
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

Adrien Claremont wrote: Yeah, when we first landed on the gate getting Scouts to burn us bookmarks was a priority. We only had pings 3 in total. When it came to warping on to their fleet though, I was using the scouts as a mobile warp in (warp to scout at 100km so that we'd hopefully land as close to zero as possible on their fleet).
In addition to those 3 that we got for the FC, both B'aldrick and I continued burning more pings while we waited. I suspect by the time the fight started we had about 10 total.

This helped when we moved to get in position for the fleet to warp to us.
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

A bit late but I recorded the fight from my POV - after some editing and really slow holiday wifi I've now got it loaded up for you guys to look at. Enjoy!
Spoiler
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage