Floki Askold
Gerrath Sabrinn
Oskar Dallocort - Scout
Reise Amatin
Space Warfare Development - Scout
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye - 2IC

Roam Report

Started the roam in Stacmon at 02:00; undocked around 02:15. We had a fleet of 8 to start, flying kitchen sink frigates with no logi. We roam around through Placid and into Black Rise. We're having some trouble finding targets.

We enter Pavanakka after the scout reports that there is nothing interesting in system, and we warp to the out gate. As the scout is warping away, he calls a flashy Brutix Navy Issue jumping through to us. The ship jumps in and I stupidly call for a tackle. We put all of our dps on the Brutix, and we seem to be slowly taking it down. We lose our brawly fit ships first, but we're still managing to eat through his armor. We eventually get him down to hull and it then becomes apparent that he's hull tanked and there's no way we can take him down in time.

(02:59:47) Pavanakka
Merlin -7.21m
Astero -109.12m
Merlin -4.71m
Executioner -2.14m
Tristan -16.22m
Condor -9.66m
Tristan -14.82m
Capsule -0.01m

After this whelp,we headed to Ichoria to reship. After fitting up/finding new ships, we continue; roughly back towards Stacmon. We find a Cormorant in Aivonen, and our scout is able to tackle and hold him. Even though the Corm is able to take out our tackle, we were able to land additional tackle before the other pilot could disengage. After pulling range, he is unable to really damage any of us, and we are able to burn him down.

(03:35:50) Aivonen
Condor -7.1m
Cormorant +9.49m
Capsule +0.01m

After we continue for a short period, we are waiting on the Innia gate for our scout to find a Merlin he had found in system. The frigate is eventually located at a Novice around 65 AU from our in gate. I call to jump and warp immediately to our scout. As we begin decloaking and warping one by one, a 20-30 man T3D fleet lands on our gate. The last member our fleet to initiate warp is caught and podded.

After landing on the Acceleration Gate to the Novice, we have a Worm and another Merlin land with us. I am in the process of sliding, and I call for everyone else to warp away. I get tackled and destroyed fairly quickly after that. The fleet regroups at a safe. Due to some miscommunication, another fleet member slides into the Novice and is quickly dispatched by the Worm and Co.

(03:44:40) Innia
Merlin -10.5m
Capsule -0.01m
Tristan -2.54m
Atron -12.24m
Capsule -0.01m

We then head back to Stacmon under the guidance of Z0X; trip home was uneventful.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 9,495,532.61
ISK Lost: 196,292,696.73
ISK Delta: -186,797,164.12
Efficiency: 4.614%

Summary

My lack of experience definitely showed in this fleet. Overall, being FC was much more difficult than I expected.

I also definitely need some more practice with moving the fleet. I was focused a lot more than I should have been on warp/align/jump commands. I need to make sure to go a little slower for future fleets; holding gate cloak can sometimes be very powerful.

The most important thing I need to work on is evaluation of whether or not my fleet can take a fight. I made one pretty bad call that cost the whole fleet their ships. I additionally did not consider that the Merlin and the Worm were together.

In terms of ISK efficency and kills, this was an unsuccessful roam. We were hurt by the faction frigate that was killed and loot that we scooped showing up multiple times on the killboard. I definitely learned a lot, and I'm looking forward to more.