[NSC] Home Defense Fight

Mongo the Mechanic

[NSC] Home Defense Fight

Post by Mongo the Mechanic »

This fight took place over the course of an hour and was one of the best fights we've had in the NSC in a long time. Usually our neighbors come into system and kite us out or gank a lone miner or we trickle into the fight and take a beating. Sometimes we kill a lone ship and call it a victory, but usually it's a lonely death for the Unista in the cold dark spaces of our home pocket.

Well this time we put up a fight and our neighbors gave us a great fight. 404, UFO, and TMC we salute you. This fight started with our enemies coming into system and playing station games on the home station undock. We tried to kill them many times but they would just dock back up and I really don't blame them. They were in ships that had no advantages in those situations(as frustrating as that was for us). We were able to pop some small stuff with Dastardly's tornado, but the fight didn't really get started until we were able to lock some of their ships down off the undock. At that point it was on, we would get something tackled and then bounce and warp to the enemy and kill it. Frostdragon in his Raven that would be our anchor, or we would warp to a comrade that had been tackled and counter tackle and then kill their ship. There really is too much that happened to get it all straight. Suffice it to say it was a brawl and we came out on top against HACs and pirate faction cruisers.

I know we lost a lot of ships, but we had a great time and we were isk positive. Ops success.

Here is the battle report: https://zkillboard.com/related/30003286/201706250100/

Everyone that took part should comment about their own fight in this if they have anything to add.

For my part I just want to say that the triple rep double cap boosted Myrmidon is a beast and also a beast to fly. It's also a fun ship to fly. You need to manage your reps, cap, guns, scram, web, and drones. It's a lot of clicking.
Tazaran Reese

Re: [NSC] Home Defense Fight

Post by Tazaran Reese »

This is one of the best fights I have been in... lots of fun. Unfortunatly, there is way too much of me in red on that list. I lost 3 ships, costing ~200 mil total. I was on ~1.4 billion in kills, including my favorite http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org/?a=ki ... _id=430788 where I get credit for the kill while sitting in my capsule cause my drones were fighting lol.

I learned quite a bit about the mechanics of fighting around a station, and using tacticals to advantage. At one point in the game, we started using ship wrecks as warp ins, which made our job easier trying to capture these guys. Burning personal tacs around home station/system is something I started kind of half heartedly, and never finished... I plan to work it now and soon.

Even though I got blapped more than I should, I still felt I contributed to the fight in a meaningful way. One thing on my list is to research catching fast frigates during battle, cause the ship that did us the MOST damage, even if it was not to our ships, was their tackle. We just could not catch him no matter what. Hats off to him. Early in the battle, he would line us up, and the bigger ships would jump in to knock us down. Later in the battle, we started using their own tactics against them, but using tacticals instead of a dedicated tackler.. though we used them too. =-)

Great fight guys. Time to go buy some ships...

Taz

P.S. You know this all started cause the just HAD to blow up our station bubble right? It was the third one that day and we were FED UP. lol