[AAR] Magic Merlins 06-20-2017

Z0X Ambrye
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

[AAR] Magic Merlins 06-20-2017

Post by Z0X Ambrye »

Roam members (14)
Spoiler
Note: Roles listed only accurate for first half of fleet.
Atanii Yeva
Beavis Alland - Vanguard
DeanSherman
Gatt2111 - EWAR
Genwhi Thellere - Vangurad
Jason Eoner - Logi
Muzzy Chuck
Pollux Terrentius
Questlove
Thikadias
Vertxsees
Wokum
Yuri Levnik - 2IC, Scout
Z0X Ambrye
Another magic merlin fleet, a day after the last one I FCed. We had a hard time getting people to volunteer for roles. In the end, I had Yuri move from logi to both scout and 2IC since he was the only one that volunteered (which is far less than optimal, I know).

(22:34:16) Agoze

Not too long after undocking from stacmon scout called out a venture at a belt. Since he had both point and scram, I called for him to get it. He got tackle, the fleet warped to him and I gave everybody a few seconds to get on the killmail before blapping him.

Venture +1.92m

This caused the fleet to go suspect, causing problems for us for the next 15 minutes. A non-flashy brutix (or BNI, can't remember) kept on harassing us on gates. After the brutix red boxed our EWAR (who managed to jump through in time) and another brutix landed on the gate, I had the fleet rush through a few systems, having the scout check only our in and out gate.

(22:59:34) Kehjari

We headed towards Kehjari, as there were quite a few kills showing up on dotlan. When we got there however, there was only a single Ishkur at a rogue drone nest. I believe I sent in one vanguard to help the scout. Scout went down but managed to hold him long enough for us to get the kill.
Condor -3.01m
Ishkur +38.8m
Also the pod.
Capsule +0.73m

(23:24:19) Innia

We headed towards Akidagi and scout reported a single tristan at a large. With only one other neutral in system, I send scout in to try and get taclke, dispite the high chance of this being a stabbed plexer.
Tristan +0.52m
Not a very exciting kill, but a kill none the less.

(23:36:50) Akidagi
In Akidagi, a single incursus running a drone site. Sent in one or two vanguard (there were already quite a bit of people in local), they get tackle, fleet comes in and gets the kill.
Incursus +9.1m

After that, I told the fleet to finish the site since we weren't getting that much content. Shouldn't have done that when there were about 20 people in local. I also should have got people to spam 1au dscan. A battlecruiser landed on us and I got the fleet to scatter.

(00:01:43) Okkamon

Another ship running a nest, this time a thorax in Okkamon. Same routine. Send in vanguard with scout, get tackle, fleet warps in and burns him down.
Thorax +21.97m

Due to it being late, we went back to Stacmon relatively uneventfully. There was a kestrel at a plex, and I didn't realise kestrels got bonused to both rockets (I only knew that it was bonused to light missiles). I was thinking that we shouldn't waste our time with a single t1 frigate that would kite us out and warp off. However, with the possibility of it being short range, I should have got scout to try and take it.

Didn't find much engagable content in this fleet. Should have tried for that kestrel for one last kill.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 73,039,682.84
ISK Lost: 3,010,684.15
ISK Delta: 70,028,998.69
Efficiency: 96.041%

If anybody has any suggestions for how to get more content, or any other suggestions or comments, feel free to post them below.
Yuri Levnik

Re: [AAR] Magic Merlins 06-20-2017

Post by Yuri Levnik »

I'm going to fess up here - I'm getting better at dscanning, but I bet we missed some content because it wasn't in an obvious spot (plex, drone site, belt) and I couldn't figure out how to scan them down. I was also slow to jump on people once I found them, which resulted in us losing a couple of targets when they warped off (but meant I only had to reship once, so hooray for that).

Z0X, I like how you use the vanguard. Having secondary tackle land shortly after primary got us that Ishkur kill and would have bought the fleet time to land if we had found more big targets that could have blown up my modestly tanked Condor.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher