Golden Punishers - III

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Golden Punishers - III

Post by Budda Sereda »

There is a saying in Russian language: Начали за здравие, а кончили за упокой which could be translated as "start on a merry note, but finish on a sad one" (please advise if there is any better translation).

Not that I whelped fleet in the end, but we kind of did not have content and wrapped up really early.

There were few positive learning moments for people who joined fight so I hope you guys did learn something from fleet and will learn a bit more from AAR. As a side note I will mention Kelon was doing his solo hunting in Black Raise in a Gnosis, he made few solo kills, lost some stuff, and helped us a bit with scouting and content. I excluded from fleet AAR his solo work to focus on fleet actions only.

Ok, let's go through the events.

Originally we had around 12 members: 12 DD in Punishers, 1 Griffin, and 1 Scout (Atron). Later we have few more people joining and few guys who lost their ships during early engagements reshipped into Navitas's provided by FC.
Spoiler
Ace Fear
Argonis Loken
Budda Sereda
Diakanos Astralus
Genwhi Thellere
Glen Burney
Kelon Darklight
Lucian Engstrom
Sone Eto
Thikadias
Vors Voorhorian
Will Musana
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye
Zetetic Elenchus
During the undock time we did not have newbros so I skipped "newbro speech", but later we got Lucian who've been at his first PvP fleet... and was really lacking some basic info. I was trying to help him in comments, but I guess it was not enough. Please join fleet from the beginning.

We barely undocked as I got a message from HSC about WTs camping Jufvitte, and as our way was going nearby the HSC we poked into it. WTs either had eyes everywhere or just got tired, but they just run away so we moved back to Nennamailia

While we were waiting for our scout to join us we got Iteron jumped from HS into Ouelletta, I got him pointed, the fleet did a good job bouncing and dispatching Iteron:
Iteron Mark V +41.74m

But lost one of us due to gate guns bad fit:
Punisher -2.78m
I can't say the loss was about gate guns fire because... I don't understand that fit at all. Ace: no rigs? No plates? SPR? Inertial Stabilizers I? Would you mind commenting why?

I called fleet to doc and repair, as soon as we warped to Loes gate we got Warm landing on us. He took few shots and jumped through the gate. We bounced... and warped back just to get the Warm back on our side. This time he decided to aggress us (maybe he did not believe he can crash the gate...:
Wolf +48.98m
And this time, legitimate loss due to gate guns:
Griffin -1.31m
I guess Z0X did not preallign to celestial? I probably should have reminded in technic fighting on the gates before the fleet...? Ok, it happens. Keep learning.

Another dock-up to repair the damage... and another content: Vexor jumped into us and got killed on the gate:
Vexor +31.01m
And again: unnecessary loss due to gate guns:
Griffin -1.19m

There was quite a big fleet in Oulley, but as per Glen they usually outship so I called to leave them along and led fleet towards Nennamaila.

Lucian was killed trying to catch up with fleet after reship, but was caught on the gate by Hecate:
Griffin -1.19m
It was hard to escape, but chances were: issue an align out command to celestial, lock Hecate, pre-overheat ALL jams, and issue warp command. If you got scrammed/pointed before the warp: apply all jams and prey :)

Don't try to allign to the gate, as if you are successful landing scrams you will get weapon timer and won't be able to jump through.

Sone found a pitty Atron. Due to his new tool he learned that it is piloted by a new pilot. I still took the kill, but felt bad for that guy:
Atron +0.55m
I sent him 10x price of the ship to compensate loses. Home will write me back something and I will invite him to join E-Uni.

In Hikkoken Sone found Coercer, but was killed very quickly:
Atron -4.13m

We were looking for content in between Aki and Tama, found nothing until Kelon pointed a Megathron on a Rogue Swarm plex, so we helped killing it, easy job killing passive armor tank BS:
Megathron +230.18m
Why did he run this plex in a BS when even T1 CR or even better T3D can do? Dunno.

We tried to find more content, everything was quite, few small things were too quick for us to catch and as people started dropping fleet, I called it a night and we went back to Stacmon.

ISK Destroyed: 352,463,179.13
ISK Lost: 10,606,383.47
ISK Delta: 341,856,795.66
Efficiency: 97.079%

Lessons to learn:
- With my fleet style, and haveing 2 logies with ReSeBo, I do need to have instalocker ship, or at least somebody with a point, rather have whole fleet with scrams
- I do need to get some percentage of ships in fleet to replace scram for web
- I should keep reminding about aligning out taking fights on gates to long range ships.
- Somehow, fleet was not as engaging, as usually. Post factum, I feel I was a bit tired today. Also, there were no newbros so I did not bother issuing many low-level commands (like align out taking gate fights, did not repeat primary ship when it was the only one) and maybe because of the lack of noise fleet was not as engaging as usually.

Good things:
- We still caught many things on the gate :)
- I hope people learned from loses

Feel free to post your feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

Next fleets I will focus on mastering BLAP Caracals doctrine. It is a BIGGER ship, slower, tougher, with different fight style. It is one of the doctrines recommended by E-Uni to train, should be interesting to learn and fly. After few fleets, once we learn basic mechanics, I will have few organized fleet fights (they are pre-arranged and I only want to make sure we get some experience flying slower ships).

I would LOVE to see many of you guys joining my further Friday fleets, more details about them are in the following topic: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=105185
Captain Cean

Re: Golden Punishers - III

Post by Captain Cean »

The Griffin shouldn't be zero tank ships on the gate against Neutrals, As soon as the Sentrys switch it have no chanche of surival.

Solution 1. Griffin just chill and do nothing in this kind of situation i mean you dont need a griffin when you fight 10 vs 1
Solution 2. Put a small Tank on itso it can at least warp out when the Sentrys switch (still need to be pre alligned)
Z0X Ambrye
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Sophomore

Post by Z0X Ambrye »

Hey Budda, great fleet! Just want to clarify something.
And this time, legitimate loss due to gate guns:
Griffin -1.31m
I guess Z0X did not preallign to celestial?
That loss wasn't to gate guns, it was to the vexor. The gate guns on the lossmail shot a few minutes before I died. I warped off, got repaired, and warped back to the gate where the vexor was.

I got tackled by the vexor and planned to jump though as soon as I started taking damage, as I had no weapons timer, and jams wouldn't affect the vexor's drones (Should have jumped as soon as I got red boxed in hindsight). Tried to communicate what was happening on mumble, but one second I was full health, the next 2/3 shields, and the next dead, with little time to react. Didn't realize how squishy those griffins actually were.
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Captain Cean wrote:The Griffin shouldn't be zero tank ships on the gate against Neutrals, As soon as the Sentrys switch it have no chanche of surival.

Solution 1. Griffin just chill and do nothing in this kind of situation i mean you dont need a griffin when you fight 10 vs 1
Solution 2. Put a small Tank on itso it can at least warp out when the Sentrys switch (still need to be pre alligned)
It does have chance, I be proven that myself, I believe I even have screenshots how I warped off low in structure.
You just need to be prealigned
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

I should admit, I can't find screenshots that proof I did warp away in Griffin
LeFleur
Title: Le fleur de haute sécurité, Graduate

Post by LeFleur »

Seems like a quite entertaining fleet. I just wanted to point out that ECMing drones is a great tactic to avoid some of the damage, and if the other pilot isn't paying attention to effects, he has no clue you are doing it.