https://zkillboard.com/kill/63038679/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63038968/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63041857/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63042535/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63040053/

Death to the floaty structure things!

Yep, we bashed all POCOs unopposed!

MASSIVE Thank You to Everyone

We had a fantastic fleet composition – 70+, all of us in doctrine ships, with a great balance of Logi, DD, and all the special snowflakes requested. We formed up fast (30mins), moved well through space, and we were in a great shape to meet the fight we all expected was going to come our way.

Perhaps we were just TOO competent guys 8)

It really speaks volumes for the Uni and our combat readiness that on a weeknight we were able to form up 70+ pilots in full doctrine ships for 2-3 hours at (fairly) short notice. Thats a great reflection on all of you, and also on the effectiveness of the BLAP programme. Nice work Titus! This bodes really well for more eventful operations in the future!

So, I wasn’t actually expecting to FC this, but the POCO timers overlapped perfectly with my Police Academy fleet (insert casual advertisement here), so Jacob asked me if I’d be interested in stepping up to Strat Op FC status :shock:

Everyone made this really easy though (including the WTs :lol:). So much preparation went into this by the HSC guys, Jacob in particular, behind the scenes. Intel gathered, ships were seeded, cunning tactics discussed on a fully OpSec basis. We discussed it so much in the 24 hours leading up to it I was actually starting to get a bit nervous about this huge military force I was convinced would oppose us, with hundreds of OOC Logi, and T3Cs…

I guess someone should have told the WTs that they were supposed to be so good!

In the absence of any fight, big thanks to our scouts who were excellent at gathering Intel for us. It’s a change of pace, for me at least, to be running a fleet where we are (mostly) static, and we’re checking for anything incoming. I think we did very nicely, we had eyes on all WTs (unaffiliated to IKR) in the area, and located the bulk of the IKR guys in Sivala fairly early on – and just kept tabs on them throughout.

We didn’t have a huge amount to do, but what we had to do we did really efficiently and effectively. Great work everyone!

Besides everyone already mentioned, additional thanks to Laser and Max for Logi FC’ing /DJ’ing, and Jax for 2IC. Second thanmks to Decklin who wasnt only a scout, but also helped me massively as he always does in thinking of tactics and strategy ahead of fleets. Big thanks to any of our third party friends who are reading this as well! Thanks for coming out, sorry we couldn’t offer you a fight.

One additional note: Early on, we had some other WTs encounter our fleet on a gate with a small gate camp composition (2x Gnosis + 2x Augorors). We could have set up better to kill them (split ourselves between the gate etc) but my concern at the time was still that I was expecting a larger fleet fight at some point, and I was keeping things very cautious – so when they ran I let them go. In retrospect guys, we could have caught them and got a couple of kills, but I was fairly focused on being prepared for the big fight I was “convinced” was coming :lol: . Hindsight eh?

We also went hunting for the WTs between timers, even heading to Sivala where they had 7 guys gate camping as usual, but there wasn't much content in the Low Sec systems on the way, and the WTs spotted us coming to Sivala miles away and docked up.

Oh, we did gank one WT Thrasher: https://zkillboard.com/kill/63039245/

So, there's that I guess
:D
Last edited by Breeze One on 2017.06.21 13:41, edited 2 times in total.
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Operation Medium Jump - The fight wot wasn't

Post by Breeze One »

a) If anyone has photos of pretty explosions, put them up!
b) I know I'll have forgotten some thank yous. Please feel free to add!
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Breeze One wrote:a) If anyone has photos of pretty explosions, put them up!
Gaaaaahh!! I knew I shouldn't have deleted the recordings...
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

You are missing one POCO Kill. It should be 5 POCOs dead in total of 6 :D
Thanks;
- Jacob for organizing this operation, seeding BLAP ships in Hek and taking the initiative!
- Almasy for leading the first reinforcement fleet!
- Breeze for leading the second fleet!
And finally all unistas who came and participated in this fleet operation, and our out of corporation friends who supported us during the operation!
Great job.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ashahara
Title: Sophomore

Post by ashahara »

ashahara
Title: Sophomore

Post by ashahara »

this reddit post also makes good reading

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6 ... ar_target/

:D
Ronnie Wellings

Post by Ronnie Wellings »

Although I was told that we would mine "Omber" on this fleet, I had a great time in it.

What did I like during this fleet
- +70 pilots in fleet
- Good intro information at the beginning of the fleet
- Clear instructions by the FC
- FC kept the fleet busy in between the timers, which kept the fleet together
- Many newbro's asking questions and getting great anwsers
- I was not banned for talking about omber in fleet chat :D

What did I not like
- Learning is what the Uni stands for, I dont like calling fleet members "scrubs" because they did something wrong
- Say what was wrong, why it is wrong and if needed how not to do it again
- Debat yes, name calling no (in my opinion)

To everyone who organised this, Jacob, Almazy and Breeze good job.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

All went smoothly, I remember the days when high sec war deccers were smart enough to use alt corps for assets. Eve is dumbing down it seems :)

As it was clear no fight was going to happen, comms did get a little lax. Someone had some sweary rant for a few seconds, and although she seemed kind of flattered but also kind of uncomfortable doing it, I didn't like the request of a female pilot to do a count down on one of the POCOs. Lonely male gamer syndrome I guess.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Breeze One »

I dont like calling fleet members "scrubs" because they did something wrong
I feel like I must have missed this (was sometimes not paying attention to Main comms while I was discussing on Command channel) but yeah....uncool if that happened
Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

Post by Conci Furiram »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:[A]lthough she seemed kind of flattered but also kind of uncomfortable doing it, I didn't like the request of a female pilot to do a count down on one of the POCOs. Lonely male gamer syndrome I guess.
+1
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:Someone had some sweary rant for a few seconds, and although she seemed kind of flattered but also kind of uncomfortable doing it, I didn't like the request of a female pilot to do a count down on one of the POCOs. Lonely male gamer syndrome I guess.
I can't remember any sweary rants, but they should have been stopped quickly! Admittedly I was not paying too much attention towards the second half of the fleet, was mostly messing around in the logi wing, cap chaining, practicing manually piloting...

That being said, we're all here to learn, we all have a right to be here, men/women/<other>, young/old... Let's drop any quarrels that these evil POCOs may have created and continue to be civil, as we usually are :).

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Communications_Policy
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

My opinion it was a right call to not harass that small gang: focus on main goal. Often I fall into a trap catching a small fish while waiting for a big one. But it often worth focusing on the plan other than changing it without serious reason: 4 ships is nothing for 70 ships fleet expecting a big fight. And it's OK that fight did not happen.

Congrats with OP!