[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.06.20

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Monday Roam! - 2017.06.20

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.06.17):
  • Decision Making.
  • Fleet control!
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS
Archemide – Logi
Diakanos Astralus – Vanguard
Dionysis Aurelius
Doctor Kling – Vanguard
Reise Amatin
Sone Eto – 3IC, Skirmish Scout
Wokum
Wyathew
Z0X Ambrye – 2IC
fatfluck Amatin – Skirmish Scout

OBSERVATIONS
And we're off! We encountered a flashy Vigilant on our way to Black Rise, and attempted to engage on the gate. He warped off, but not before one of our members landed an attack, which gave him a 1-minute weapons timer. Then Bad Stuff (TM) happened, and our locked-out Griffin's Mumble went down. He switched to Windows to fix it just as the Vigilant returned at 80 km to engage from a distance. There was no way we would be able to burn the 80 km before he burned most of us down, so I decided to get us out. I made the mistake of jumping us through the gate, instead of aligning and warping us to a celestial. Of course the Griffin couldn't hear us, and was tabbed out of game so couldn't see what was happening. Even if his Mumble was working, it was the wrong call because he was still under a weapons timer. By the time he returned to game he was basically dead, but at least managed to save his pod.

(02:27:34) Vlillirier
Griffin -1.52m

Lost our scout to a Thrasher just as we were landing to engage, and the Thrasher managed to warp off before we could engage.

(02:50:41) Kinakka
Atron -4.21m

No scout!?! Ok, who wants the job? Fatfluck volunteered. First fleet, and he's going to scout for us?!?!?! I personally would never have had the nerve to do it. Gave a quick rundown of how to use DScan as a scout, how to report, etc. and we were off again. We used the remainder of the trip to Ichoriya to let Fat get some practice in, and we took a short break. When we came back our primary scout said that he wanted to let Fat keep going, and Fat was game.

We had an Imperial Navy Slicer playing gate games with us around Nen, Pyn, etc. and it led to the next "altercation". Fat's gate cloak timer ran out as he was scouting, and didn't know any better than to sit 12 km off the gate. A flashy Stabber landed on him and made short work of Fat's Atron.

(03:41:00) Hikkoken
Atron -2.24m

Fat went to Hallanen to reship into a Corvette, since we were on our way back, and he was going to roll with the fleet. Back in Hikkoken and this time a Scythe decided to take a shot at him, and managed to get his pod to boot :shock: That's cold, bro.

(03:48:40) Hikkoken
Velator -0.02m
Capsule -0.01m

Ok, time to head towards home. Sone resumed scouting, and found us an Incursus and a Kestrel in a plex. The Kestrel warped away, and we lost the scout and Vanguard ship to the Incursus, but we were able to get him in the end. Losses were preventable, although no one realized it at the time,
as the Incursus didn't have a scram or point fitted. The Kestrel decided to come back to the plex a few minutes later, so we showed him how bad of an idea that was.

(04:00:17) Abune
Atron -4.2m
Merlin -2.16m
Incursus +18.22m
Kestrel +11.02m

The rest of the trip back to Stac was uneventful.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 29,239,412.25
ISK Lost: 14,364,163.31
ISK Delta: 14,875,248.94
Efficiency: 67.057%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
I was very impressed with Fat's willingness to jump in and scout, considering he was on his first fleet. Excellent job. We didn't have a lot of traffic so the pickings were slim. Everyone did great listening to commands and following orders. A few bumps along the way, but that's how you learn. The Mumble issues were unfortunate, especially the one that led to the lossmail. And we managed, with only two kills and 7 losses, to come out ISK positive. There's something to be said for small, throwaway ship doctrines, especially one that performs like the Merlin does.

Actionable Goals:
  • Decision Making. Continue refining decision-making ability - Check minus. I've filed away the mistake with jumping when some people have a weapons timer, I won't do that again.
  • Command Chatter - Check. Better. Did well with target calling.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Decision Making.
  • Fleet control! Not a lot of issues with control this fleet, I am going to keep it in the front of my mind.
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image