Malcolm Havoc
Ra'zok Zateki - Scout for first half
SketchyManDan Williams - Vanguard for first half, Scout for second half,
Tlymphocyte - Logi, vanguard
Wokum
Xana McBash - EWAR
Z0X Ambrye - FC
Zetetic Elenchus
This fleet was delayed 30min due to the war fleet that happened before. We didn't have very many people, most likely due to everybody being burnt out from the war fleet. We had about 8 when we first started, and didn't find very much engageable content on our way to Kinakka. There was a worm in a plex that we found, but I ended up sending in too many people (scout + 4 or 5 vanguard), spooking it. There were originally two ships at the plex, when scout reported one left I forgot to trim down the vanguard.

We had a few people join us at this point, most notably Xana. I asked for a griffin as EWAR, but Tlymphocyte suggested a tracking disrupting crucifier. This is going to be important later on.

We got to Kinakka and scout reported a catalyst at a small plex. Sent vanguard in, but took heavy losses. People were reporting getting blapped almost instantly. Not sure what I could have done here, sending more people probably would have spooked him. In the end however, we were still able to get the kill and the pod.
Executioner -5.71m
Merlin -3.93m
Merlin -5.81m
Catalyst +12.75m
Capsule +0.66m

After looting the field, people started reporting a hurricane outside the plex we were in, with a brutix that joined soon after. Had the fleet bounce to a nearby planet and one person to warp in at 100. It was confirmed that they were fighting each other right on the gate, so the fleet warped in and intervened. Hurricane was first primary, it went down pretty quick.
Hurricane +74.78m
After that came the brick tanked brutix. It kept on repping for a LONG time. However, we got tracking disruption on him and he was unable to hit him. We took out his drones but he kept on repping. I was worried that it would be a stalemate and that the fleet would run out of ammo before the brutix ran out of ancillary / cap boosters. It took so long that that the fleetmates that went down in the last fight had time to reship and arrive back with us. In the end, we managed to break him after over 10 minutes.
Brutix +76.72m

Big thanks to Xana for bringing the crucifier and Tlymphocyte for suggesting it. The both of you are the ones that let us get this kill! I didn't think to get people to bring weapons disrupts because I never thought we were going to engage anything that big. I'm glad I was wrong!

After that fight, we took a break, dropped off loot, and then headed back to Stacmon via Heydieles. Bumped into a Black Fox fleet on our way back, way too many cruisers for us to handle. We managed to avoid an engagement and continued back to Stac.

Scout called out a brutix navy issue at a large. I knew that with our current fleet comp, we were unable to take him. Somebody said that this people is known for MJDing out and warping to a station when attacked. However, scout had a scram and Arashi had a hurricane nearby that he could reship into. I was still reluctant to take it, but it was the end of the fleet, so I decided to try and end it with a bang. Once Arashi got was ready I had scout warp to the large at 100, to see how far off the beacon the BNI was. Turned out to be 20 away from the scout. Scout went to get tackle, vanguard and Arashi jumped in and warped, scout called scram. I got the fleet to jump in and warp to the scout. I forgot about plex mechanics and people landed on the beacon at 0, a mistake on my part.

Before I even landed people called out a second BNI landing. I got the fleet to scatter, despite some people being scrammed. The main fleet being far off combined with the second BNI was way too much for our fleet.
Condor -5.51m
Merlin -4.72m

Fortunately, our hurricane also warped at 0 and was able to get away. That pretty much concluded the fleet, we headed back to Stacmon uneventfully after that.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 164,904,275.97
ISK Lost: 25,675,908.11
ISK Delta: 139,228,367.86
Efficiency: 86.528%
Tlymphocyte
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Small Gang Magic Merlin Low Sec Roam 06/09/2017

Post by Tlymphocyte »

Good fleet FC!

You're giving me too much credit - Xana deserves it from his good piloting, and props to you for making the call to go for it. One of the reships (Dan?) had some form of capacitor warfare as well, which probably contributed to us finally burning down the Brutix's cap.

Logi is fun as hell and nerve-wracking. I enjoyed it a ton! Usually I'm the one in EWAR so it's a breath of fresh air.

I'm not sure how much DPS he was able to tank, but we sure as hell couldn't break it while he had cap. That was a good fit and a good pilot, although tbf he was well tanked against hybrid damage.
Xana McBash

Re: [AAR] Small Gang Magic Merlin Low Sec Roam 06/09/2017

Post by Xana McBash »

The brutix tanked close to 150K damage (after resists, just wow). The pilot was a very good sport about it (we had a short convo after), it's the possibility of more fights like this that keep bringing me to these roams.

Tlymphocyte, you do deserve some credit though, the crucifier was a good addition to the fleet.

Nice fleet and good fights, see you all on the next one o7