gaheris Anninen (scout)
Hillbilly Hinken (logi)
Luca Goh
Sioban Mernher
Wokum
Yuri Levnik (scout, 2IC)
Elihugh Beecher
Very little to report.

Undocked with six Catalysts, two Navitas, one Vigil, and one interceptor (gaheris). Intel tools showed our route to Aridia very quiet, so we went a-huntin'. Gaheris found and pointed a Cavemen Hawk in CON, so I jumped the fleet through, and we aggressed. Not surprisingly, the Hawk slipped our scrams, and even less surprisingly, whistled up a posse to push our faces in.

Hostile fleet comp included two VNI, a couple Confessors, and assorted fast tackle. Additionally, J4bb3rw0ck was in the area, and he is known to fly a Curse. Given this mismatch...we ran. There was no little-girl screaming involved. It is a battle-cry. Honest. :-)

After chasing us through nine jumps into Aridia, our pursuers got bored, and this was where I wanted to be anyway, so we set out on our primary PvE mission of hunting Clone Soldiers, which was marginally successful.

Statistics:
Duration: 2.5 hours
Ships Lost (ISK): 0 (0)
Ships Killed (ISK): 0 (0)
Proceeds from Clone Soldiers: ~40million ( http://evepraisal.com/e/17854379 )

Remarks:
The Good:The fleet was under-staffed on logi for a PvP fleet, but our two logi operators, Christine and Hillbilly, were Johnny (and Janey)-on-the-Spot. The fleet kept movement discipline superbly; the only lemming was the FC. Comms discipline was perfect.

The Not-so-Good: The FC took a few jumps to get into the groove. By the time we got into the aborted Cavemen fight and subsequent pursuit, I had my legs under me, but I should have had my game face in place before undocking. Honestly, I expected to do worse on my first fleet as FC. That day is coming. Probably soon.
Last edited by Elihugh Beecher on 2017.06.20 02:57, edited 2 times in total.
Yuri Levnik

Re: [AAR][SOLI] Clones Kill Clones Solitude Editude Edition II

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Thanks to Elihugh Beecher for doing an excellent job as our FC! We didn't get any kills but we didn't get blown up and we gained quite a bit of security status blasting the clone soldiers. I'll echo Elihugh's comments on the logi pilots - great job repairing people in our only PVP engagement and also folks who got tackled by the 0.1 system clone troopers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Luca Goh

Re: [AAR][SOLI] Clones Kill Clones Solitude Edition II

Post by Luca Goh »

Thanks for the great FCing, Elihugh. I think your calm under pressure and judicious decision making were key components to us not losing any ships to superior forces that were doggedly pursuing us.

I'm not sure if you'd agree, but I wonder how much the split PvE/PvP focus played a role in the challenge of getting into a groove. I mention it because I felt similarly. I think early on when some plausible PvP opportunities presented themselves, there was the challenge of weighing the choice of going after PvE or chasing PvP. I feel like this kind of apples to oranges comparison makes choosing one on the spot a challenge. I feel like this was exacerbated by the fact that different fleet members had different opinions on which choice was more desirable.

Once we shook the fleet and settled into the search for rats I think our priorities crystalized and that really helped things flow smoothly. From there, it was cake.

I'm looking forward to flying with you on a more PvP-centric fleet. Hopefully soon!
Elihugh Beecher

Re: [AAR][SOLI] Clones Kill Clones Solitude Edition II

Post by Elihugh Beecher »

Luca Goh wrote: I'm not sure if you'd agree, but I wonder how much the split PvE/PvP focus played a role in the challenge of getting into a groove. I mention it because I felt similarly. I think early on when some plausible PvP opportunities presented themselves, there was the challenge of weighing the choice of going after PvE or chasing PvP. I feel like this kind of apples to oranges comparison makes choosing one on the spot a challenge. I feel like this was exacerbated by the fact that different fleet members had different opinions on which choice was more desirable.
Actually you hit the nail right on the head. In this case, the PvE focus is right there in the name of the fleet, but as we all know any time you head into lowsec, you have to be ready to fight. Therefore, my own personal policy is to treat any lowsec/nullsec/j-space excursion as if it were a PvP fleet.

Next couple fleets will have a stronger PvP focus, though, so that should serve to clear some blood-thirst (including on my part; I love to get into the pew-pew). Bottom line though, I'm going to be very very picky about what fights I seek when I've got a fleet as small as what we've been putting up.