[AAR] NOP Kitchen Sink Frigates - 2017.06.13

Reise Amatin
Title: Mentor, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

[AAR] NOP Kitchen Sink Frigates - 2017.06.13

Post by Reise Amatin »

FCC FEEDBACK
If you participated in the fleet, please leave feedback in the FCC Feedback form. The information you provide me will help me improve and lead better fleets, which leads to more fun for everyone.

FCC Feedback Form

ACTIONABLE GOALS
Improvement items to work on from my last fleet (2017.06.07):
  • Decision Making.
  • Command Chatter.
PARTICIPANTS

Adoulin ap Io – Vanguard
Arashi Shizukana
Ardes Atavuli
Atticus Vex
Budda Sereda
Disciple
Draco Decius
Eleeyah Myrha – 3IC, Skirmish Scout
Glen Burney
Jiggly Tofu
Kramnath
Luca Goh
Reise Amatin
Rider Isleman
Seerah Lindrake
Sone Eto – Skirmish Scout, Vanguard
Tlymphocyte
Vors Voorhorian – Vanguard
Wokum
Xana McBash
Yuri Levnik – Skirmish Scout
Z0X Ambrye – 2IC

OBSERVATIONS
This fleet was...interesting. We got almost no content, but I learned quite a lot from it.

We found a Hookbill in Vli, but we weren't fast enough getting to our scout to help him out.

(02:27:22) Vlillirier
Condor -2.08m

Another Hookbill, another lossmail. Interestingly enough, Tlymphocyte got our ONLY "kill" of the evening in Dastryns after he had left the roam to head home.

(03:00:17) Aivonen, Dastryns
Condor -1.88m
Venture +2.56m

This loss to a coercer in Akidagi was beginning to see everyone get frustrated. We had been trying to find engagements, and it seems that the only engagements we got were our scouts getting pounded to pulp.

(03:07:55) Akidagi
Tristan -45.22m

Remember guys, you will lose your ship at some point. The loss of a module worth 6 times the entire rest of the fit was completely avoidable in this situation.

We got one! Kinda. This poor bugger was just sitting 180 km off a faction warfare gate. I'm assuming he was afk, because it took us a good 45 seconds to be able to get out to him. Once we had tackle on him, he self destructed and ejected in his pod. I guess this technically counts as a kill, but it felt cheap. Not at all what we were looking for; this was a good summation of how the fleet went in general.

(03:19:09) Akidagi
Cheetah +38.2m

We paused in Ichoriya to take a break, and headed back out towards Nenn and Tama. Along the way we found a Slicer that we tried to engage, but he was ridiculously fast. We broke off and he hounded us for 3 systems trying to get us to engage him. I think I did really well here, keeping the fleet together, not letting anyone run off after him, etc. He managed to get a kill on Ardes in Pyn because Ardes broke gate cloak, and most of us were in warp before he landed and tackled Ardes. I take part responsibility for that loss, as I forgot to talk about holding gate cloak when you jump a gate. It's in my notes for next time!

(04:01:35) Pynekastoh
Tristan -7.27m
Capsule -0.01m

After stopping at a safe in Pyn, I shortened our route to lose the Slicer. The trip back was full of not finding any content, and the fleet ended on a bit of a depressing *sigh*.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 40,755,903.55
ISK Lost: 56,461,510.62
ISK Delta: -15,705,607.07
Efficiency: 41.922%

PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND SUMMARY
My biggest mistake was not using our Vanguard like I should have. We had the Coercer and the two Hookbill fights, and at least two of those could have been kills for us if I had been using all the tools at my disposal correctly. I am super proud of my analysis of the Slicer's tactics. Considering he hounded us for 3 systems and 30 minutes, only losing one ship was great. I think it was just one of those nights. BUT, having one of those nights means that you have to make sure that every single engagement is handled 100% correctly, because you can't afford to be sloppy and get on the wrong end of the killmails.

Actionable Goals:
  • Decision Making. Continue refining decision-making ability - Check. Slicer encounter was really good. Had a few fights that we could have taken had we been set and ready, but I skipped them because we were out of position, etc.
  • Command Chatter - Check Minus. Still needs work, but I had quite a bit of improvement from last fleet. I was conscious of how much I should be and was talking.
  • Keep LEARNING! - Check Minus. This one just lives on this list - it's why we're doing the FCC, right?
Quality Improvement Actions for Next Fleet:
  • Decision Making. Work on using all the tools at my disposal
  • Command Chatter.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage Image Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Yuri Levnik

Re: [AAR] NOP Kitchen Sink Frigates - 2017.06.13

Post by Yuri Levnik »

Thanks for running the fleet, FC! I had fun scouting for the first time (though I wish I had managed to hold one of those hook bills long enough for the rest of the fleet to get to 'em). The upside of running a throw-away 2MN Condor for scouting is that I got blown up twice and still only counted 4MN against our ISK total. The downside is that my Condor fit is brittle and vulnerable compared to a real T2 interceptor.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Tlymphocyte
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] NOP Kitchen Sink Frigates - 2017.06.13

Post by Tlymphocyte »

That Venture was my first solo kill ! I had actually been warping to Uphallant when I caught the venture on dscan. I reshipped into a PVE Thrasher, hoping to alpha him off. He warped off the first time, but then I refitted with scram/point and he wasn't paying attention the second time! Was able to burn in, grab him, and arty thrashers are balanced, and by balanced I 100-to-5%'ed him 8)