[LSC] Gatecamp RUINED by Dirty Pirate

Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

[LSC] Gatecamp RUINED by Dirty Pirate

Post by Glen Burney »

Many of you are familiar with Megoste, a.k.a. "The Scourge of Fislipesnes". Megoste has been a sworn enemy of the UNI since he left these hallowed halls almost 1 year ago in a cloud of disgrace, humiliation, and something that smelled like hubris and patchouli. His dastardly tactics, dishonorable strategems, and questionable morals are no secret to the administration, professors, and student body alike. He is, very briefly, a Dirty Pirate.

Our gatecamp was assembled honestly and with honorable intent. We made no secret of our location or our tactics, and settled on the OST ingate from STACMON with the following ships:
- an instalock Thrasher (is there no more honorable ship/fitting in the game? I submit "No.",
- a Blaster Talos with web (then a Rail Talos with Web, then finally a Rail Talos with Point). Xana's constant reshipping of course represents the best in UNI approaches: fit for purpose, with no shortage of discussion and debate,
- an Autocannon Tornado (which left at one point for what I can only assume was a four-course dinner with requisite after-dinner drinks and cigars. Seriously, order Pizza, eat at gate).

Before we got started, I slow-played this Cerberus in UPH. It was a long fight, my svipul was fit pretty much the same as his cerb, but the rat damage plus me was enough to eventually wear him down, even as I had to go afk for about 45 seconds during the fight to put some flip-flops in the mailbox:

(23:02:13) Uphallant
Cerberus +231.66m

I was also able to harvest a bit of salt, for my collection:
"[23:03:34] Gavakz Moliko > those who can't fly, fly svipuls"

Then, the gatecamp began:
(23:44:56) Ostingele
Kestrel +1.64m
Capsule +0.01m

(23:53:48) Ostingele
Tristan +0.75m
Imperial Navy Slicer +25.48m
The slicer was flashy, and Max had gone back with a Breacher to help with the situation. Excellent kill, much Faction Police.

Then, HE showed up. The terror of Placid, the angel of death of lowsec himself, the hated and revered Megoste. He came into Ostingele and warped to the gate at 0, not moving. How do we defend against such tactics?! It's really not fair, the way he plays... It makes me want to launch a squadron of Griffins at him, just to teach him a lesson! Landing at 0 and not moving, who does that?!...
Luckily, in the University, we learn how to counter such evil methods:
Hawk +38.93m

After his Hawk exploded, Megoste remained on the gate at 0 in his Pod. Again I ask, who does that?! In his chat channel, Megoste linked a previous pod loss of his, amounting to 500M. We refused to take the bait, knowing full well that his pod was hull tanked and that we could not break it. After a while he warped off, surely to set up an elaborate and cunning trap for our honest gang.

In the meantime, we killed an excellently fit interceptor:
Taranis +22.01m

Megoste the Dirty Pirate returned in a Catalyst. He warped right to a tactical that I had, doubtlessly setting up some kind of Machiavellian ruse. Our blood boiled as he taunted us simply by being on-grid. Rays of white-hot rage surged through our veins as we contemplated Megoste's very existence in Ostingele, as we engaged in a fierce debate regarding how to deal with his impudence. We finally decided to to teach him a lesson:

Catalyst +17.58m

At this point, the Evil and Arrogant Prince of Ishomilken upshipped with severe ridiculousness to an Osprey Navy Issue fitted with 2 webs, 3 medium neuts, a 70K shield tank, ECM bursts and a full rack of Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers. I think his ship was also hull tanked with an active armor repper and dual prop. He also had ECM drones out at all times and was fitted with a 43km faction point. All pilots are advised to avoid this veritable Death Star.

He again warped to 0 on the gate and I ordered our forces to engage. The result was a bloodbath, as he rampaged through our well-formed and excellently FC-ed response force. Despite our precise and organized attacks, feints, and retreats over multiple battle-zones across Ostingele, we could not contain his ferocity. I have petitioned CCP to ensure there was no cheating, and to beg for our hulls to be replaced against Megoste's obviously imbalanced weapons platform. I have also implored the Directors to set Megoste personally as Negative 400 Million Thousand to the University.

Talos -97.1m
Thrasher -24.07m
Breacher -17.62m
Thrasher -11.59m

I do hope this AAR serves as a warning and reminder to all Allied forces in the Region: Don't Sleep on Megoste, he will GETCHA! Xana and Max will surely back me up regarding this Megoste Menace.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 347,928,441.42
ISK Lost: 160,177,907.49
ISK Delta: 187,750,533.93
Efficiency: 68.476%

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Re: [LSC] Gatecamp RUINED by Dirty Pirate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Glen Burney wrote:
At this point, the Evil and Arrogant Prince of Ishomilken upshipped with severe ridiculousness to an Osprey Navy Issue fitted with 2 webs, 3 medium neuts, a 70K shield tank, ECM bursts and a full rack of Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers. I think his ship was also hull tanked with an active armor repper and dual prop. He also had ECM drones out at all times and was fitted with a 43km faction point. All pilots are advised to avoid this veritable Death Star.
He also seems to have slapped on a bunch of Sentry Guns. I wonder how much ductape that needs.

Looks like a successful Uni-op to me! :lol:
ImageImage
Trixie Lapin
Title: Sophomore

Post by Trixie Lapin »

Torg Navatin wrote:
Glen Burney wrote:
He also seems to have slapped on a bunch of Sentry Guns. I wonder how much ductape that needs.
Pfft... Megoste doesn't need duct tape. He holds them in his teeth!
NotA Witch
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Fittings staff, Graduate

Post by NotA Witch »

Best AAR ever!
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

nice AAR
Image ImageImageImageImage
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

If only Megoste actually read these forums :) this is brilliant. :)) great read
Atum Petros

Post by Atum Petros »

Great read and AAR.
Xana McBash

Post by Xana McBash »

He truly is a scourge, a bandit, whose dastardly crimes should appal all LSC members.

His ways, the ways of the scoundrel, are a stark contrast to what we, in this campus, stand for...

After the bloodbath, I was tempted to stoop to his level, and employ his own tactics and ships against him. But fortunately, righteousness grabbed the hand of justice, and I was able to restrain myself.

Against such evil, I went back into Stacmon, and grabbed my Griffin, aptly named "Honor" and forced Megoste to retreat.

Thus, we were able to send him scurrying away, back into the depths of Ostingele, hopefully to never be seen again...
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:If only Megoste actually read these forums :) this is brilliant. :)) great read
He's been known to log onto the forums at least once a year. I even got him to post once, but can't find the link right now as I don't have access to that section :D

Also, that gatecamp was horrible and deserved to die. Best way to kill such a gatecamp is in an inty :P
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Glasi Vookto wrote:Also, that gatecamp was horrible and deserved to die.
Well, yeah. I mean, who gatecamps without logi and a webber?

(11/10 AAR, never not shoot Megoste)
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Arashi Shizukana
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Arashi Shizukana »

Fantastic AAR, I'll never miss a chance to hear about Megoste blowing up.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

I see that two other filthy, dirty pirates have shown up in this thread to cast aspersions, weigh in un-necessarily, and otherwise degrade and denigrate our patently honorable and venerable gatecamp strategem.

Raido Kudonen and Glasi Vookto, how DARE you?! Glasi, you will note from re-reading this AAR that an interceptor tried and failed to break our gatecamp, and was thus relieved of his cargo-hold full of 10MN Afterburners. Raido: Logi in a gatecamp?! GUFFAW! And webs are for those with insufficient alpha!

I hereby challenge you both to attempt to break up our solidly-planned and faithfully executed gate-camp, if indeed you can find Ostigele on a map!

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Fantastic read. Thanks Glen for clearing the skies off that Megoste menace... :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

Glen Burney wrote:I see that two other filthy, dirty pirates have shown up in this thread to cast aspersions, weigh in un-necessarily, and otherwise degrade and denigrate our patently honorable and venerable gatecamp strategem.

Raido Kudonen and Glasi Vookto, how DARE you?! Glasi, you will note from re-reading this AAR that an interceptor tried and failed to break our gatecamp, and was thus relieved of his cargo-hold full of 10MN Afterburners. Raido: Logi in a gatecamp?! GUFFAW! And webs are for those with insufficient alpha!

I hereby challenge you both to attempt to break up our solidly-planned and faithfully executed gate-camp, if indeed you can find Ostigele on a map!
The last part of last sentence sounds like an insult... :) Hope to see some action from insulted party :)

Encouraged by this AAR I have an idea which would like to discuss in this topic: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=105159
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

I can't see that thread, but Cupid Stunt Master used to run gatecamping fleets and I can provide pretty detailed info on low/mid/high SP subcap gatecamping. Obviously good Waffles would never engage in such a dishonorable form of PvP, but it helps to know what might catch you while traveling through lowsec.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!