Golden Punishers - I

Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Golden Punishers - I

Post by Budda Sereda »

That was one of THE MOST exciting fleets for me, let me share more details :)

Those who follows in-game emails know, that I was approached by WTs (we fought with them few days ago: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=105039), but the did not show up so we went standard route into Black Raise.

Surprisingly, this time we did not have many pilots only 28 (on the beginning it was only 24) vs regular 32-26 on Friday night. 1 instalocky armor fit Atron, ewar, and I got 5 logies (4 Navitas and 1 Inquisitor; as I promised, logy pilots were given free ships with exception of NotA Witch who joined a bit later, but caught up with us).
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Akiro Shikkoken
Alto DeRaqwar
Atticus Vex
Budda Sereda
Ca'ain
Caliban Ohmiras
Capt Steele
Cress Keese
Cyus Erata
DonkeyPunch Udan
Havarti Cornelius
Kelon Darklight
Keuthein
Lucius Septimus Severus
Mike North
Mrcrab Bojinov
Nikki BDB
NotA Witch
Phaithless
Rider Isleman
SketchyManDan Williams
Sone Eto
Tlymphocyte
Vors Voorhorian
Will Musana
Wokum
Z0X Ambrye
Zetetic Elenchus
This time fleet started quite: nothing was around Stacmon, not even some random traveler who could jump into us. Only in Nennamaila we got the very first engagement and lost scout:
Atron -3.86m

We were looking for engagement and at some point noticed a T1 cruisers fleet with 2 Exequror logies, Thoraxes,

We landed on grid, don't remember exactly if they were flashy or not... I believe they were not as many of us were taking gate guns fire.
Anyway, I primaried 1 Exequror (gang of 20 Punishers should give around 3-4k DPS) and expected it will melt... but.. after getting into 50% of armor he got all armor back... seriously? Dunno what really happened... I did notice that myself I was falling out of range few time, so needed to pulse MWD to come back in range, but we kept shooting him and armor was at 90-95%...

The mistake I made is I did not call the name of the pilot whom we expected to shoot, once I see we don't break him I called pilot name... but that made no difference.

Things were going ok-ish: logies were taking damage but able to hold reps. During the fight I was busy and did not have chance to see if we all got on the proper target, but I had quite a few Thoraxes locked, and did not see our fleet did any damage to them, so I assume we did primary proper target... Yet can't understand why we did not kill him. Maybe it was 3-4 Exequrors on the grid and I did not notice them? Can't believe that's was the case.

That was happening until we got the 3rd party on top of us in a form of a gank of 10 Thrashers, Cormorants, and Catalysts. We started losing ships

(03:01:10) Nennamaila
Atron -12.59m
Capsule -43.14m
Punisher -8.07m
Navitas -3.73m

Later we learned that Thoraxes disrupted by Tlymphocyte (our EWar pilot) were killed too
Thorax +29.65m
Thorax +29.17m

I guess logies were focusing repping DDs and did not switch repping other logies on time:
Navitas -3.96m
Navitas -3.93m
Punisher -6.84m - FC was killed, I transfered command to 2IC - I believe that was Will.

We killed Atron who appeared to land nearby:
Atron +14.74m

And kept losing ships, Will called to scatter but we lost few more ships
Navitas -4.25m
Punisher -4.77m
Punisher -6.84m
Punisher -8.57m
Punisher -6.96m
Punisher -9.55m
Vexor +25.3m
Inquisitor -6.4m
Punisher -5.73m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Thanks to those dessies, we ended up ISK positive, but lost quite a lot in numbers.

One thing I could do differently is to call bounce in a fight with those cruisers, but I saw that logies are successful in keeping me alive and decided to not bother.

We did reship quite quickly, found a small gank, killed punisher lost scout and 1 DD:

(03:32:08) Akidagi
Atron -3.81m - Sone, can't you fit T2 shield extender? If you don't have skills - train ASAP!
Punisher +9.76m
Punisher -7.69m -

Another engagement got better:
(04:02:10) Hikkoken
Punisher +29.15m
Atron -3.52m
Federation Navy Comet +30.06m

One more good one, but we lost a scout:
(04:10:36) Pynekastoh
Malediction -44.14m
Worm +62.81m

And the best fight of the day. Kelon was in Black Rise and advised on a gank of cruiser sitting on the gate. And presumably taking fight with somebody. I assumed they had weapon timers so we all warped on top of them, but they jumped through the gate. All, except of a Scimitar:

(04:14:36) Pynekastoh
Scimitar +263.72m

LOL :)

I guess, those guys decided to save their T2 logy and jumped back so fight continued. We primaried Exequror NI (at leas should have primaried), and were taking him down. Why not Scythe? Price, and I expected we will break it quickly.

Good or bad, Kelon decided to kill Scythe first and finished him few seconds before we finished ENI.

Slasher -22.28m
Navitas -2.6m
Navitas -2.04m
Navitas -3.57m
Scythe +46.06m
Exequror Navy Issue +95.71m

As you see we lots 3 logies, but I believe still had one, I knew Punishers had LOTS of EHP and called to continue fight, just warp of if you take heavy damage (if you can). I was able to do that once: :) http://i.imgur.com/j6fxe5e.jpg

Not sure what was going on, but we were able to keep killing things:
Punisher -20.93m
Thorax +24.35m
Jackdaw +76.49m
Atron -23.34m
Moa +30.46m
Rupture +23.77m
Condor +1.66m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

That was crazy, i was able to repair and come back to grid, same did many other pilots, so we killed much more things:

While we were looting the field we got Moa landed, jumped through and came back... we primaried it... it was crashing the gate, ... called CYNO... I decided to take risk and finish Moa first... we got Thanatos from cyno, but Moa died and we escaped: LOL

Moa +23.75m
Capsule +0.01m

Another reship, and few more kills.

(04:44:50) Nennamaila, Akidagi
Navitas -3.93m
Condor +1.64m
Atron -12.74m
Atron -3.62m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +77.55m
Confessor +63.35m

(05:16:41) Frarie
Atron -12.74m
Punisher -4.37m
Algos +11.9m

I got family aggrod, but as people wanted to continue (WE REALLY GOT CONTENT COMING TO US) so I asked NotA Witch to bring fleet back home, give him my punisher and disconnected.

That is stats we got:

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 971,081,997.52
ISK Lost: 310,570,498.03
ISK Delta: 660,511,499.49
Efficiency: 75.768%

Great fleet!

Should be better:

1. Primary the single logy, if not clear which one - ask in comms.
2. I felt my Punisher quite slow, with no MWD I was not able to stay on top of cruisers (scrammed, but not webbed). I believe at least few Punishers in a big fleet need to replace scram by MWD.
Budda Sereda

Re: Golden Punishers - I

Post by Budda Sereda »

Please leave your feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1

@NotA Witch: please add if you had anything cool after I left!
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Post by Kelon Darklight »

So, reasons I went for the scythe- your punishers would have trouble splitting off for it, I had enough range and dps to engage it and down it in a timely fashion, this also saved you from having to leave the general brawl and leaving behind whoever was being primaried at the time (travel time would reduce dps of fleet while moving assuming you could have caught it in the first place), and by killing it, it made future kills faster by the amount it repped by (likely in the 500 ehp/s range). That is the same reason I went after jackdaw next, I could either kill it or drive it off, while the punishers would struggle.
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Vors Voorhorian
Title: Freshman

Post by Vors Voorhorian »

Budda, thanks very much for the great roam. I especially enjoyed the cruiser battle, it was great to see the fleet melt each target one by one and then the icing on the cake was that Moa warping in. Great decision to melt him down and then scatter quickly as the carrier dropped on us. The previous night's course on gate guns and bouncing came in handy quite a few times this night.

Overall I enjoyed flying the Punisher. A little bit slower than the Merlin, but the extra tank and dps is nice to have in those brawls with the cruisers. My align time is 3.99s, so no real difference to warp vs the Merlin at 3.4s (MWD off). My speed is about 15 m/s slower without MWD and about 651 m/s slower (2089 m/s) with MWD than the Magic Merlin (2740 m/s).

thanks,
Vors
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Breeze One »

2. I felt my Punisher quite slow, with no MWD I was not able to stay on top of cruisers (scrammed, but not webbed). I believe at least few Punishers in a big fleet need to replace scram by MWD.
Sorry I dont follow this - are you suggesting replacing the MWD? If you weren't able to keep up with the Cruiser then the fleet probably needs more webs, or you need to activate your MWD in pulses. Fitting the MWD is essential to the doctrine...
Decklin Quark Reiger
Title: LSC Combat Officer, Fittings staff, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Decklin Quark Reiger »

I did the same double-take when I read it. I can only assume he meant to say that some of the punishers should exchange their scram for a web?
Ca'ain

Post by Ca'ain »

Another great fleet Budda - enjoyed flying logi again. I found this fleet needed much more manual piloting than previous fleets, it was a bit challenging to fly, keep people rep'd and watch for broadcasts.

I was thinking after, would it make sense to have the logis split into wings so each logi was watching say 5-7 DD's each (and FC, instalock and each other)?

I also found that the was a fair bit of chatter on comms making hearing orders a little challenging. That might be from having such a large fleet.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda

Post by Budda Sereda »

Breeze One wrote:
Sorry I dont follow this - are you suggesting replacing the MWD? If you weren't able to keep up with the Cruiser then the fleet probably needs more webs, or you need to activate your MWD in pulses. Fitting the MWD is essential to the doctrine...
NO!!!
Decklin Quark Reiger wrote:I did the same double-take when I read it. I can only assume he meant to say that some of the punishers should exchange their scram for a web?
Yes!!!

:)
Ca'ain wrote:Another great fleet Budda - enjoyed flying logi again. I found this fleet needed much more manual piloting than previous fleets, it was a bit challenging to fly, keep people rep'd and watch for broadcasts.

I was thinking after, would it make sense to have the logis split into wings so each logi was watching say 5-7 DD's each (and FC, instalock and each other)?

I also found that the was a fair bit of chatter on comms making hearing orders a little challenging. That might be from having such a large fleet.
Don't think this makes sense: it could happen that overall repair rate will be twice lower.

I would like to hear the feedback from more experienced logy pilots, but you better remove a portion of piloting by anchoring. In the beginning of the fleet, I asked logies to not anchor, but instead, orbit primary at your optimal range. This should be relatively easy: configure your default orbiting range to 5km, for instance, select primary in overview or broadcast, hit 'W' (hotkey for orbit command), and focus on repping others.
Make sure you prioritize logies more than other DDs.

If your repair range was longer we could speak about having a separate anchor for logies, but with 10km optimal and 17 fallof (L5 with Navitas meta fit) you won't benefit much from having anchor logy.
Tlymphocyte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Tlymphocyte »

Great fleet - I always enjoy yours and Sketchy's fleets!

I noticed the logi were on point during that cruiser gang brawl. I believe that our Kitsune had the ENI permajammed, and I had the Moa completely disabled, but the logi managed to keep up with the damage of 3-4 cruisers in frigates, which is super impressive. Kelon's DPS was hugely appreciated too, not to mention the command burst that allowed us lock and point ships from super far distances. Leadership and Skirmish command bursts shouldn't be estimated!

Also I was glad to be able to whore on the two thorax kills and add to our isk-positivity 8)